• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Silca Kitty Litter Question

I'm not sure the size of the silica makes much difference other than in the selection of containers.

Size does matter...as well as the size of the 'container'! :laugh:

I read why you want the smaller ones over the larger....but I'll have to find the article.

The smaller the beads the greater the surface area. If you use larger beads, you may want to have a flatter container, where the beads are spread out better, if I remember right.

Thanks ddepaola!! :D

Rich
I guess that makes sense. The crystals I use are very rough and not uniform in size at all. I'd imagine their surface area is pretty high, but I'm not going to measure it. :laugh:

They're about an inch deep in a few different containers. Maybe I've just figured out how to use these particular crystals properly by accident. :laugh:

Great info here as always. :thumbs:

I have several pounds of the crystals in my cabinet and they hold the RH rock steady, haven't had to add water for the year+ that I've been using them (obviously I have way more than I actually need) and it stays at exactly 65%. Pearls might be ideal, but the crystals work fine too.

I have a lead on a new in box 16 bottle Vinotemp. Could be just right for me. I stopped by Target last night and saw a 28 bottle on clearance for $140. Decisions, decisions...

Then I think I'm headed to Petco to find some KLH. Sounds like a winner to me.

This was an interesting thread to read from start to finish.

BR

Then I think I'm headed to Petco to find some KLH. Sounds like a winner to me.

This was an interesting thread to read from start to finish.
That's great to hear. Seriously. Threads like this one are the main reason I peruse various hobby enthusiast boards. To gain insight into the experiences of "Average Joe" enthusiasts rather than slick marketing mumbo jumbo.

Of course, I stay for the community camaraderie. Cigars being my main hobby, they are the boards I actively participate on most.

The smaller the beads the greater the surface area. If you use larger beads, you may want to have a flatter container, where the beads are spread out better, if I remember right.

Rich

I thought coonasses were all stupid. Answer this one, smart guy: will they make my cigars taste like cat poop?

edit: Sorry, forgot you can't say coonass.

Rich

I thought coonasses were all stupid. Answer this one, smart guy: will they make my cigars taste like cat poop?

Dammit Bruce, you are supposed to use it BEFORE you line the litterbox with it! And don't let your cat condition it for you!

Rich

If you let your cat pizz on you cigars , then yes. We just play dumb. Want to go on a canoe ride?

Rich