• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Simple Pass

Isaac,

It's beginning to look like you're slipping into a full melt down. It's not too late to salvage this. Stop typing for a while and re read the comments. You've taken some very good constructive criticism and honest questions as personal attacks.

Take some time to look at this from a different perspective and then post your thoughts.

Isaac- Since this pass is not going to happen, PLEASE donate these to our troops. They would appreciate it, and the folks here would appreciate the gesture. You'd come out ahead. It's a win/win situation for everyone!

target said:
Isaac said:
Shibumi said:
Isaac said:
Shibumi said:
Don't forget to add a host bag!
[snapback]296980[/snapback]​

don't forget to put ur balls into it
[snapback]297406[/snapback]​

What a witty comeback! :laugh:

If you start a pass, being so new, you obviouslly didn't read enough about Cigar Passes. Go back and read about how you should get involved in a few before you try to start one yourself. Now, bringing in NorCal was a smart idea, he's been in a bunch. The only issue I see now, is your intentions for getting rid of these cigars, as pointed out by Tommy. Either way good luck. Oh wait you cancelled it again. :whistling:
[snapback]297426[/snapback]​

NorCal offered me helped before and I though that my rules were not good enough. I copied some rules from his pass and though that would help. It turned out that I am a BAD person anyway and this pass sucks.
[snapback]297666[/snapback]​

COME ON!
Nobody said anything about you being a bad person or your pass sucking. You were questioned about your intentions for this pass and started acting like a baby. After the way you reacted should have expected to be called out.
[snapback]297676[/snapback]​

I didn't act like a baby. As I said before, I don't want to start fights or wars
with anyone. I didn't insulting anybody until someone is.

Isaac

I apologize for saying you acted like a baby, I just got fired up after reading your reactions to the others comments. Your thought thats these comments were attacks against you and responding by putting these comments into insulting words against yourself. SOrry I lost my cool

All apologies.

If this keeps up we aren't going to have any playgound Ball's to play with here at CP.

Thick skin is needed here or any cigar site. Take a moment to reread the comments and think about them. Do not be defensive right from the start.

DG

Isaac said:
prophetic_joe said:
First off I was actually glad to see a newbie like myself trying to organize a pass. There aren't really a lot of passes set out that a new guy can join. The guys are right though that is does seem a bit suspect when your pass consists of smokes you were trying to sell. If it was that big of a deal to get rid of the cigars you don't smoke you could offer them up for trade instead of sale. Now you go and start insulting respected FOG's because they asked you questions based on legitimate concerns? Come on dude look at the thread no one called your smokes dog rockets or the worst cigars ever. Stopping taking this so personally look at what you may have done wrong and move on.

Posting the last to things you have are just going to make things worse for you guy.

By the way this thread has helped me see why one needs to be patient when getting into a pass and why it is good to have them run by someone who has been around awhile.
[snapback]297417[/snapback]​

Read the post! Who is insulting who!
[snapback]297661[/snapback]​

I've read the whole thread isaac and from what I see it doesn't seem like you have a whole lot of backup so maybe what you need to do is take a step back, take a deep breath in and re-think your approach to this situation. Just chill dude, say you're sorry for getting a little riled up and then try to get past this situation. Your rep still isn't unsalvagable.

Now you go and start insulting respected FOG's because they asked you questions based on legitimate concerns?

Who did I insult in the whole thread?
Only once when someone is insulting me.

Do I need to say sorry to him?

Isaac said:
Now you go and start insulting respected FOG's because they asked you questions based on legitimate concerns?

Who did I insult in the whole thread?
Only once when someone is insulting me.

Do I need to say sorry to him?
[snapback]297727[/snapback]​

Isaac, you need to decide for yourself whether or not to apologize and to whom.

I didn't attack or insult anyone who gave comments. For those who gave comments about my intention, how can I prove my intention is right if you said I am getting
rid of my cigars?

I talked about cancelling the pass if someone is questioning or sees the pass as unfair. I tried to save my dignity until I got insulted.

Isaac said:
I didn't attack or insult anyone who gave comments. For those who gave comments about my intention, how can I prove my intention is right if you said I am getting
rid of my cigars?

I talked about cancelling the pass if someone is questioning or sees the pass as unfair. I tried to save my dignity until I got insulted.
[snapback]297732[/snapback]​

One shows dignity in how they respond when they feel they've been insulted. Your response has been less than dignified.

I apologize isaac I made an error in my comments. You are correct you did not blatantly insult anyone until after they insulted you. You did however take a very defensive tone and sounded a bit disrespectful when addressing people like BK and Ggiese. At least it came off as a bit disrespectful to me.

Isaac, you said your peice now stop posting. Stay a while and see how passes are conducted and participate in one. Then when you have been here a while start a pass and build a reputation.

When you are ready later ask somone to help you host your pass. Get some different cigars that you would enjoy and some of the cigars that you currently have and put together your pass.

For now just read the threads about passes and try to learn from those and the passes that are currently out there. Remember all we have is our reputation in cyberspace. Most of the people we will never meet, but I can tell you I have some very good friends from Cigar Pass.

Hopefully someone will put together a newbie pass and you all can join in on.

prophetic_joe said:
I apologize isaac I made an error in my comments. You are correct you did not blatantly insult anyone until after they insulted you. You did however take a very defensive tone and sounded a bit disrespectful when addressing people like BK and Ggiese. At least it came off as a bit disrespectful to me.
[snapback]297737[/snapback]​

For the response that I put, I just want to show my view to the unfair comments and I never wanted them to be unrespectful.

I will just say this...If you "felt" like you was being attacked, why didnt you write the said individual in a PM. Then maybe have worked this out before the melt down. But what do I know? :laugh:

No experience? No profile information? No reputation? Low post count?

This CBid Sampler Pass warranted the scrutiny it deserved ~ a meltdown at this early stage indicates that Isaac is in way over his head.

Take this advice: Read more, post less. :thumbs:

In all fairness to the people in this pass, I will offer to host the "Simple Pass II". I want to make sure the original participants still wish to be in this (including Isaac). The following is a list of names of the participants...

1) Isaac CA
2) Mingkou IL
3) Target ND
4) HapaLee Fl
5) prophetic_joe IA
6) hojadepuro AR
7) theHatguy WV
8) dpenix76 NC
9) bobbyshirley AL

If you are still interested, please PM me your name and address. I will list up the pass cigars - and I will make sure I balance the pass with cigars everyone will have access to, and will add a few cigars which you would normally not have access to. In other words - this will be a newbie pass. There are not going to be fantastically expensive cigars, but I promise a mix that will satisfy just about everyone (with the exception of that HapaLee guy...)

There will be no host bag - please don't start one. The rules are simple:

1) One for one trades - value for value.

2) Please be mindful of the other participants - don't hold up the pass for any length of time - a day or two is fine, but if you're in a bind please communicate with me so I don't think you're stealing the pass. If you know you're going to be out of town during a particular time, please let me know.

3) I will put address labels in for everyone - please make sure you use the address labels in the box - they will have the DC #. The labels I put in there will cost you postage only - the DC part will be included free with the Click 'n Ship label (it'll save everyone a WHOPPING .40). I will have a list of the DC #'s so it will be easy to keep track of the pass as it progresses.

4) There will be an inventory included. Please make sure you do an inventory of the cigars when you receive it. If there are any missing and/or damaged sticks - please let me know. Nothing worse than being blamed for a missing stick when it wasn't you who did it... Accidents happen - I understand. There's nothing that is going to be overly expensive in this pass, so it should not be a big deal.

5) Most of all - have fun with this... This is for you guys to establish your reputation. If you're not sure - please PM me. I don't want flame wars starting in the thread - and I'd be more than happy to discuss trades with you BEFORE you post them publically. I'd love to discuss with you what's fair and not fair, without it getting ugly... I don't bite... Much....

As soon as I see there is enough interest in this pass I'll post up a list of cigars. Again, I'll try to make sure everyone walks away from this having a positive feeling about passes on this board...

Just be advised, you will have to wear this while going through the pass:

arthur.jpg

George has some strange fascination w/ furry hats.