• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smart sensor x2

Got mine installed today, really simple and seems very cool. I have noticed that the RH is climbing....very....slowly but it is climbing. I put it right next to the in cabinet hygrometer so we'll see how they line up. I'll see how we're doing tomorrow AM.

Got mine installed today, really simple and seems very cool. I have noticed that the RH is climbing....very....slowly but it is climbing. I put it right next to the in cabinet hygrometer so we'll see how they line up. I'll see how we're doing tomorrow AM.
Excellent!

I have drifted more toward Gary's view that once you have a stable storage system it tends to keep itself, well, stable. That being said the remote systems do make it easier to check.
Don't think I need to check it every minute but then I don't have the inventory I used to have, either.

Got mine last night and installed them.. You weren't kidding when you said they climb slowly... I was all setup around 930pm last night and as of right now it is finally up to 60% and "rising" These are pretty neat so far!!!

I have drifted more toward Gary's view that once you have a stable storage system it tends to keep itself, well, stable. That being said the remote systems do make it easier to check.
Don't think I need to check it every minute but then I don't have the inventory I used to have, either.
Don’t drink Gary’s koolaid... it’s ok to have fun with your hobby ?

I discovered my Climate Monitor in my Staebell was about 5 points off by installing a SensorPush and figuring out what was what. And my ClimateMonitor was completely rebuilt, by the factory, a few years back. Looking into a replacement now.

Saying that "...a stable storage system it tends to keep itself, well, stable..." isn't really a true statement. Sure, they don't change fast, but they do change, over time. I checked the SensorPush against a couple different RH Bovidas and it was spot on. When's the last time you salt tested or checked the accuracy of your hygrometer..?? I think it's a great small investment ....

As they say, one man's opinion.....

So how does the one sensorpush work if i don't get the gateway? i can only see data if near it with app?

I discovered my Climate Monitor in my Staebell was about 5 points off by installing a SensorPush and figuring out what was what. And my ClimateMonitor was completely rebuilt, by the factory, a few years back. Looking into a replacement now.

Saying that "...a stable storage system it tends to keep itself, well, stable..." isn't really a true statement. Sure, they don't change fast, but they do change, over time. I checked the SensorPush against a couple different RH Bovidas and it was spot on. When's the last time you salt tested or checked the accuracy of your hygrometer..?? I think it's a great small investment ....

As they say, one man's opinion.....
Wow, 5 points is a lot... my ClimateMonitors were also off, by between 2 to 3 points... All calibrated now :)

Wow, 5 points is a lot... my ClimateMonitors were also off, by between 2 to 3 points... All calibrated now :)
Did you do the calibration, or did you send them in...?? Mine is the original unit with a rebuild, i'm of a notion to replace the unit with a new one....

Running a little "Kentucky Calibration" now......much like "Kentucky Windage" out at the rifle range.....

First I calibrated my SensorPush sensors using the salt calibration method here (https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2...grometer-humidity-sensor-using-the-salt-test/), which is very accurate. All sensors were within .1 to .2 (I still calibrated them using the app) then placed them inside each cabinet, right beside the humidity sensor. Then I calibrated each ClimateMonitor using the digital control unit... I plan on retesting the SensorPush sensors about every 3 months... Unlike some people (Gary) I am very serious about my hobby and the protection of my precious biological cargo...