• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoke in the house?

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F&^%$$*G MIND :angry: and that would be the nice things she would say if she caught me smoking in the house.

Ed your and my butt as well TFF! No I'll stick to my front porch and my smoking chair thank you.

BenjieV :D

benjiev said:
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F&^%$$*G MIND :angry: and that would be the nice things she would say if she caught me smoking in the house.
Well... Bruddah Benji sums it up pretty well for me too! :0 :D :sign:

Aloha,

Wade

Hmm.. sounds like I'm lucky that my wife lets me smoke in the house- Hell she's even been guilty of smoking (occasionally) one with me... Usually she just smokes here marlboro lights though.... Tonight she had an ashton cigarillo Jerry (the ashton rep for this area) gave me to try when I met him a couple weeks ago... I had one too- pretty good little cigar for a 3 minute smoke :)

Its funny to watch her smoke a full bodied cigar, she starts complaining about it burning :D

:thumbs: Toaster

I smoke sometimes in my appartment... When im to tired of gettig to my local pub or im to depressed of the *S*H*I*T* weather here in sweden.

I use acetum mixed with water to fight the offensive smell that comes from a extinguished cigar/cigars. It works rather well. Ok, it smells for a couple of days.

Its outside or a friends house for me, since its 18 deg. today good thing I have an open invit. at gibus house. :D

Yea, I have a nice chair outback that a buddy made himself, but in this weather, I'm staying in. The dog doesn't seem to mind, so I guess it's ok to smoke inside here. :thumbs:

Garage in the winter and sometimes the basement in the summer if I am building something for her :D

I NEVER smoke in the house or in the car. My wife would kill me and that would be bad :( Of course my truck smells like cigars anyway because I'm in it right after smoking all the time. I only smoke outside and at the shop with Ric, cigah smoka and crob.

I tried smoking in the basement, but that lasted about as long as the cigar... and it was a small robusto. :( Hanging on the deck was fine until the snow flew up here in MN. Now I have the garage and a small propane heater. Other than that, it's the bar or a friend's heated garage on poker/party nights. Ask davela about his van. :D

Well it is funny you asked.I brought a cardboard box home from work so my wife can put xmas presents in to ship .Just as I was reading this post,she says"God this box smells like cigars".I drive a 96 Pontiac Trans port "the Cadilac of mini vans"(Get Shorty)and travel 36 miles to work and back,smoke on the way home windows rolled up, until I get to the first stoplight off the freeway .Then I open the window and let er rip."hey dude is your car on fire" Life's little pleasure's . Dave

In the house when the wife and kids are gone for the evening, in my chair with a fan in the window and about 20 of my wifes candles burning and that is maybe once a month if I'm lucky. Other than that, NO!!! My mother in-law is a chain smoker and there is no way in hell I want my house to smell like that!! The wife does not care but I dont want the kids going out of the house smelling like an ashtray.

My smoking solution:

No smoking in the house. Ain't gonna happen.

In NorCal, the nights never get too cold to smoke with a fleece on , but we get a lotta rain this time of year. So when its raining and I get gigee for a stick, I use my much loved Toyonka truck with a camper shell, park it on the slope of my driveway, close the windows to the cab, open the side windows of the shell, keep the back hatch down and crawl on in.

Kinda like my own mobile enclosed porch! :D

Almost as good as camping and smoking.

(Be warned ParaGod: if we ever make that herf happen at my house AND its raining, its gonna have to be a 4X4 herf.) :D

Went to my local Home Depot and was asking about a smoking room. Just my luck... I ask a guy who's a cigar fanatic who built a smoking room for his house just a few months ago. :thumbs:

He says the most cost efficient way to do it is to stay away from those ionizers and the like. They do minimal work for a premium price. Basically, its a matter of physics. Create enough of a low-high pressure air system, and it essentially cleans the room air for you. For my room setup, I weather stripped the store and added a seal to the bottom. The only vent in the room is exit only (ie: no return). I open my window and prop a box fan up to it. I face it out, turn it on high, and DAMN! instant vaccuum. I mean... I was skeptical at first, but wow, the smoke gets sucked right out and fresh air comes right in. The best part? The smoke is kept out of the rest of the house.

After you're done smoking, you'll still get a little bit of the smell lingering in the air. There's this spray you can buy called Oust. It eliminates the bacteria and odor produced by smoke. You give the room a good spray before you leave, give it 10 minutes, it's all gone. It's not like other sprays where it just masks the smell and all the residue is left, this spray actually eliminates it. Some of the smoke will remain in your carpet. Arm and Hammer makes this great carpet stuff that eats it right up. Much like Oust, it doesn't just cover the smell, it actually eliminates it. Just spray on the carpet and vaccuum it up.

Keep in mind, this setup DOES work... however, not for heavy volumes of smoke. If you smoke 1 or 2 twice a week, then this will be no problems. If you smoke 1 or 2 everyday AND you have a poker night every weekend, then no, this will not work. :)

So in summary: a bottle of Oust, a bottle of Arm and Hammer carpet cleaner, a box fan, and sealent for your door. Done. :thumbs:

BACCHUS said:
But, of course! Six months after my ex-wife and I split up, it suddenly dawned on me while sitting in my family room: the $%&#* is gone! :D I've been lighting up ever since. :p

:D LMFAO, so did my wife! :D

phishy...you the MAN!!!!

thanks for the outstanding ideas. I've been wanting to try a setup like this and my wife has actually been saying that I CAN. I've just been a bit pessimistic (sp?) that it will work (I don't want my whole hourse smelling like smoke).

damn...im so excited :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

:( Saddest thing about our move last year was losing my cave! I had this really great workshop just off the side of my old house it was great, had a poker table, work shop, TV, stereo, recliner chairs, and a wood stove. Man I miss that place. Anyway, I think the MRS. will let me smoke indoors when I finish my room in the new basement. THANKS vewyphishy, now I have a plan!

I've done some of the same things as Phishy... I put in a screen door on my back door- and open it (leaving the screen door closed and the bugs/insects and creatures OUT), and put my baby patton fan to blow out the inside air... it does work (generally)- that coupled with the 2 hunter ionizers/purifiers I have (which move TONS of air btw), the smoke clears fairly quickly- its the smell that sit's and visits with you for a while :(

I'll try the Oust and Arm & Hammer.... Also agree with Styx- There have been times when I'm smoking a cigar in the house- it looks like a seance (sp?- you know, a seance- when you're trying to contact the dead with all the lit candles around you in the dark :D)

I was at a cigar store Yesterday, and they have a pretty impressive smoke eater- and quiet too... I wonder how much those are? Do they make a smaller portable unit? Hmm.....