• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoker recipes please?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I love so many things on the smoker but what I normally do is a bigger production on the masterbuilt. I've done some experimenting with using my natural gas grill, a few fire brick, and a pellet smoker tube and I'd like to find some things I could throw on the grill/smoker for an hour or two and have a for a simple meal or snack.

If anyone has suggestions, fire away :cool:

Where I was born & raised (the Ark-La-Tex) there were one location mom & pop smoke houses every where; even into southeast Oklahoma.
Smoked meats are in my DNA. :eek: The BEST smoked turkey on the planet is over in Tyler @ Greenberg 😂

I have just been doing the basics, for years: low & slow = 225 to 250 degrees, make sure my wood is well soaked, and I typically don't do rubs.
I tried just about every rub recipe in the book, and eventually I settled on the whole 'less is more' philosophy of smoking meat.
I also dry brine; depending on the cut of meat will tell me how long to dry brine.
I make a home made BBQ sauce but if the meat is smoked 'right' there aint no need for sauce.
For me, it's all about the bare bone basics.

YMMV

I make smaller pork loins on my smoker. That fits your hour/two hour window and they come out amazing. I don't have the recipe in front of me but basically marinade the pork and cook for 90-120 minutes. I like this because I'll start it, mow the lawn and when I am done and cleaned up dinner is ready.

Man, you sure write long posts! :confused:

Do you have any suggestions, or did you just want to tell us everything about everything, again?

Sorry but I missed the section in the 'rules' that stated member posts have to be XYZ, or that they have to be 'acceptable' to everyone.
If you have an issue with other member's posts then maybe you're the issue but then, no one is forcing anyone to read everything.
If I read something I don't care for then, O well, I don't like it but I won't take a dump on a member just because I don't like a post. ;)

Typically for poultry I use mesquite but for turkey I typically use use a mix of mesquite & pecan but more mesquite in the ratio.
For beef & pork I typically use hickory & some times a mix of hickory & cherry; heavy on the hickory.

Happy smoking; cigars too. :D

smoker.jpg

Typically for poultry I use mesquite but for turkey I typically use use a mix of mesquite & pecan but more mesquite in the ratio.
For beef & pork I typically use hickory & some times a mix of hickory & cherry; heavy on the hickory.

Happy smoking; cigars too. :D

View attachment 40660
Well, I asked if anyone had suggestions for 1 -2 hour meals or snacks. So far, you've told all about your history of smoking, what you think is the best smoked turkey, how you've tried it all, what you make, how you like to smoke things, etc.

In other words, a shitload about you, and nothing to contribute to the original post.

I think I've also read how you've tried nearly every cigar too?

Do you see the point?

Well, I asked if anyone had suggestions for 1 -2 hour meals or snacks. So far, you've told all about your history of smoking, what you think is the best smoked turkey, how you've tried it all, what you make, how you like to smoke things, etc.

In other words, a shitload about you, and nothing to contribute to the original post.

I think I've also read how you've tried nearly every cigar too?

Do you see the point?

sorry my experience with the concept wasn't any help

you could try the ignore feature but that is basically an option for adults that never grew up ;)

Last edited:
I make smaller pork loins on my smoker. That fits your hour/two hour window and they come out amazing. I don't have the recipe in front of me but basically marinade the pork and cook for 90-120 minutes. I like this because I'll start it, mow the lawn and when I am done and cleaned up dinner is ready.
I took your suggestion and it's on the smoker now! A 1.8 pound lemon garlic loin filet.

Can't wait!

I took your suggestion and it's on the smoker now! A 1.8 pound lemon garlic loin filet.

Can't wait!
Hopefully it was good advice then!!!! As I said, it works great with mowing!!! You can do all kinds of cool stuff with those loins.