• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So what's been going on in the word of Oliva lately?

IanHummel

Fellow CP'ers,

As some of you may know, I started with Oliva about a month ago taking over half of Sam Leccia's territory. The reason I was hired was becayse Sam has created his own cigar line, "Nub Cigars". Nub's are manufactured by Oliva at the Oliva factories in Nicaragua, and distributed by Oliva reps, however, make no mistake, this is Sam's line and he is the one behind everything your about to read.

So what is a Nub Cigar you ask?
The idea of a 4x60 or 4x66 sounded like a novelty to the Oliva family when Sam brought it to them early last year. It was not until the family was able to see and smoke them that they understood that this was no novelty. They realized that there in fact was something that had not been done in this business. It is truly an innovation which has the ability to have one revisit wrappers that they may have had long since formed opinions about. Understanding that not everyone is in love with large ring gauges, you have to first grasp the theory of “nub” because in the world of “nubs” a 60 is not a large ring gauge. The only real way to understand it is to smoke one. The cigar starts at the sweet spot and gets better from there. The large ring gauge allows for a dense ash which insulates the cigar keeping it cool as you smoke. The large amount of smoke also allows you to really enjoy the complex flavors. There will be 3 wrappers, a Connecticut, Cameroon, and Habano, 4 sizes in each wrapper. Each wrapper will also have a unique size only for that particular wrapper. So what do they look like?
IMG_0461.jpg

Now that you know a little about it, lets move on to the launch.
Nubs will be launching in April with 50 nationwide Nub Launch Parties in which Sam will attend each and every one. What can you expect at the Nub Launch Party? Just that, a PARTY. Sam will be there handing out Nub swag, hats, t-shirts, etc. Also, at each event, Sam will be rolling special limited edition Nub's that will be unique to that particular event, not to be had any other time. What's a launch event without crazy give aways right? Nub will be raffling off a 2008 SuperCharged Mini S Convertible. One winner from each of the launch events will go into a final drawing where the car will be awarded. The 50 award winners from each account will receive a prize for being a finalist. Finalists have a 1 in 50 odds in winning the Mini S Vert. The Mini S will be at each launch event.
IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed the information.

In the mean time, you can check out www.nublive.com for much more information. I hope you all are as hyped up for this launch as I am. It's going to be a crazy next couple months, but it will be fun. Start requesting Nubs in your local shop now so they become aware of them. Have them contact their Oliva Sales Rep for more detailed information. I'm going to get some samples here in the next couple weeks and start sending them out to some vets here on CP so they can be some of the first to have at em and post reviews.

Will you be offering any for sale in the BSE forum?
And what will the pricing on them be?

Edit for my crap spelling :D

The 4x66 torpedo has the same amount of tobacco as 8x50 cigar. The smoking time on the 4x66 is about an hour to an hour and 20 minutes give or take. Once I get the pre-release promo boxes I will be sending some out to members on here. Beyond that, these will be available in many B&M's nationwide starting in March.

Interesting idea I guess.

This feels a lot like some kind of advertisement. Is this really the right forum for this kind of thing? Wouldn't this be better in the retailer area?

This wasn't meant to be an advertisement, if it was taken this way then I am sorry. If this is something that should be sent to the retailer forum, then that's fine, however nothing is being sold as it's not even available right now. It was more of an announcement to show members here what's been going on with Oliva and the things that are coming up in the near future.

This wasn't meant to be an advertisement, if it was taken this way then I am sorry. If this is something that should be sent to the retailer forum, then that's fine, however nothing is being sold as it's not even available right now. It was more of an announcement to show members here what's been going on with Oliva and the things that are coming up in the near future.

No need to apologize. I was just asking the question. If future posts like this need to be elsewhere, I'm sure Rod will take care of it. My main concern is that this seems to be promotion of a product by a salesperson of said product.

I appreciate the info.

:)

Ian, seems like an interesting idea for a cigar. Can't wait to try one and keep us updated!

I'm going to get some samples here in the next couple weeks and start sending them out to some vets here on CP so they can be some of the first to have at em and post reviews.

Thank you, I will be expecting it.

I am a big fan of everything from Oliva I've tried thus far. I'm looking forward to seeing these in stores, but am CERTAINLY willing to be part of the test pilot program! :)

I'm going to get some samples here in the next couple weeks and start sending them out to some vets here on CP so they can be some of the first to have at em and post reviews.

If you feel a noob review would be of value, I will volunteer. :)

VERY cool! I'd be quite interested in getting my hands on some of these. And the fact that they're out of the Oliva factory is a definite plus!
Chris

Ian, let us know when you have the schedule of the launch events. I am hoping there will be one in the vicinity of Cincinnati!

Anything planned for So Cal? Orange County would be fantastic.

A schedule would be great when you get it.

These look really cool Ian. Is the blend any where near the same as the V, or O's? I'd love a crack at reviewing one of these interesting looking cigars.