• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SOCAL || ILLUSIONE ~ UFC EVENT [11-15-08]

Well I just found out that the 91 freeway is closed (the whole damn thing!) between the 55 and 71. There is no way for me to get out there.

Well I just found out that the 91 freeway is closed (the whole damn thing!) between the 55 and 71. There is no way for me to get out there.

What was I thinking? I heard of fires in Sylmar and Santa Barbara, but not Yorba Linda.
Beyond that, really, what was I thinking? This morning I woke up with an itchy throat and burning eyes.
Two really good signs that I have been breathing in smoke from the Santa Ana fires. So it should be obvious that smoking a cigar today
is out of the question. The smoke from the fires cover the sky and the smell is everywhere. My palate is numb on days like these.
To make matters worse, I decided to drive 100 miles in one direction to the Herf. What I waste! 90 miles and almost 2 hours later, they close the highway. :( At least the drive home was not nearly as bad.

Ok, mental note. No cigar smoking in the valley during fires.

I was really looking forward to this event. I got stuck at a birthday party in Brea. What made it even worse was there was no alcohol :angry:

I was hoping to pick a box of Cruzado's. Well maybe next time.

Hopefully a good time was had by all!!

D

Was really hoping to make it out tonight, but like Charley said, the 91 was closed. I hear traffic is backed up on all fwy's out of Corona. The smoke is nasty - I've been breathing in ash all day. Shame we have so many fires going on at once.

Ok...so I threw myself a 1 man Herf.

Knowing about the fires, I left really friggin early (didn't realize everyone was set on being there actually at 6). While driving on the 91, All you could see for miles was a dark brown haze and eventually burning trees. Passing Green Hill Road, I was driving along when the fire actually jumped the freeway while I was passing through. The heat was pretty damn intense.

About a 1/2 mile later the Fire Department and Local fire units had just baracaded the 91 East Bound. I knew I was screwed on my way home.

So I get to Azucar (first one there heh) and actually thoroughly enjoyed a very relaxing atmosphere with nobody around. I watched the Wisconsin/Minnesota game, played a few rounds of pool. Passing the 5 hours or so before everything started.

Once fighttime rolled around, I started BSing about Smith and Wessons with these guys that were there with their dad. I gave them a few sticks and they wound up buying me some raffle tickets as a thank you.

I wound up winning 1 3er of Tats, 1 3er of Illusiones and a deck of playing cards. All in all not a bad evening ;)

The Drive home was interesting. I went south on the 15 (mistake 1) and ended up in Temecula, not realizing that the highway I was looking for didn't come until Escondido. So I turned around and headed up to the 60 toward LA cut over on the 605 (since the 57 was closed because of the Brea Fires) and back down on the 405 into Costa Mesa.

Didn't get home until 1:00am or so. But it was a fun night nonetheless. Sorry I missed some of you guys. Blame it on the fires. I'm going to start developing a complex if this continues :laugh: :sign:

We had a two man Herf at the infamous "Lynwood Lounge" (my buddy Roger's smoking room). We were disappointed that we did not make it out to Stinki's last night but it was almost impossible due to the fires in So Cal right now.

I hope everyone who might be impacted by the fires is doing well. Geoff I will see you soon my brother... :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that so few of you could make the event. I missed it also with a last minute trip to Belize. I hope to see everyone very soon!

Stinki