• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Softballs over...... I'm back

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
WOW!
What a long drawn out softball season. I decided not to coach my daughter this year. Instead of coaching I settled in for just the supporting parent role. We had several disagreements last season and she wanted to try something new ( like a different coach!) She tried out for a 16U A-ball travel team (she's 14). The coach was the cross town rival high schools varsity coach. She easily made the sqaud as the starting catcher.
Right away he started trying to change things she did, both defensively and offensively. Of course this screwed her up for a bit. She got down on herself... so I had a little talk with him. It took a tounament to straighten her out, but she roared back to form. And now she was asking for my help! :whistling: How this guy won the high school league championship I don't know. Her team lost every... and I mean every single game. 0-27 He made the fricken dumbest coaching decissions I have ever seen ( and I've seen and made a few).
To make a long season short, the parents got disgruntled and started asking me to coach ( I took my team last year to the Western Nationals). He gets wind of this and decides he's going to put my daughter in left field the last Sunday game ( lose and your done on Sundays) and start the back up. This is because the parents want me to coach. So he's going to take it out on a 14 yr old? I proceed to tell him I'm taking her home, he quickly changes his mind. I almost didn't let her stay, but she wanted to win one game, so I let her. She doubled in a run from second in the first inning. We have the game 1-0 in the bottom of the sixth inning. We are up (home team) with 3 minutes to go ( it's a 1 hour and 40 minute time or 7 innings rule, you can't start a new inning when time expires, home team is allowed it's last at bat though) 1 out runner on first. I tell him to take a time out and make a substitution to kill time, we can run the clock out. Have the batter take pitches, doest matter if she strikes out. Ohhh no... Listen to me, HELL NO! No substitution... calls a hit and run... 6-4-3 double play. New inning! They come up score 3 runs and end up beating us 3-1. :rolleyes:

In any event... my daughter now wants me to coach her again next season :thumbs:

Now that softball is over she's playing volleyball for her high school and I'll be back around here bitchin' and moanin'. :cool:

LOL, the joys of coaching. It never seems to change no matter how old they get.

Welcome back Mike!

Sometimes you need to take a few steps back in order to move foward. Good to hear from you again Michael!

Glad to have you back around Mike.

We are just starting the kids sports, at least the boy any way. He will start fall soccer league soon and the girls dance class starts back up next week. Busy, busy, busy!

Good to have you back.

It usually doesn't take as long for me to recover from soft balls. Plenty of rest, loose pants, and lots of fluids does the trick.

Wilkey

I bet those assless chaps help too! :sign:
Good to have you back.

It usually doesn't take as long for me to recover from soft balls. Plenty of rest, loose pants, and lots of fluids does the trick.

Wilkey

Good to see you back.

Make sure you drop me a line when Coach Candrea starts calling and you're making campus visits visits to Tucson. :)

I hear you loud and clear.

Its like dejavu reading your post. My daughter is 14 and plays on the 16 year olds team as well.

The only difference is. Softball regular season is over. But now its FALL BALL. The fun never ends.

LOL

Hey Mike, welcome back ....... isn't it nice when your kids finally notice that you "do" know something :laugh:

:cool:

Softballs over......

Well... cuabasurfer... you confused me a little with that title. I couldn't figure out if you was ordering breakfast or describing a physical condition. I suspect it's a physical condition... knowing you.

NA

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Softballs over......

Well... cuabasurfer... you confused me a little with that title. I couldn't figure out if you was ordering breakfast or describing a physical condition. I suspect it's a physical condition... knowing you.

NA

:laugh:

This one's going to the "classics" thread. :sign:

Good to have you back.

Wilkey

fuggin Wilkster

I hear you loud and clear.

Its like dejavu reading your post. My daughter is 14 and plays on the 16 year olds team as well.

The only difference is. Softball regular season is over. But now its FALL BALL. The fun never ends.

LOL

She has done the fall ball thing in the past... wasn't very competitive, plus she's a tri=athlete for her high school (volleyball, basketball and softball)

Softballs over......

NA

Ahhh... it's great to be back!

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Thanks Vinny!

And to the rest of you... great to hear from you... yeah... even you Billy!