• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Software/Apps For Cigar Tracking?

XxMerlinxX

I am a leaf on the wind...
I had something on my now dead laptop that tracked what cigars I had and for how long, but can't remember the name of it.  Is there anything similar in an App form, similar to Untappd?  If not, what computer software would you recommend?

I must be old school. I just write the date on the box. Other than that...... An excel spreadsheet.

I have enough problems keeping the spreadsheet updated. Would be a hell of a mess if it were analog.

I'm pretty good at entering them when they come in.

I rarely update the spreadsheet when I smoke. So, every 3 or 4 months or whenever, simply try to update to what I still have remaining of various sticks.

Found an app in the Play Store called "My Humidor", think I'll give it a go.

I'm using the "My humidor app" myself. Its not to bad and allows for a lot of data input. I feel however a better app could still be made.

jfields said:
I must be old school. I just write the date on the box. Other than that...... An excel spreadsheet.

I don't even screw around with the spreadsheet.  A cigar is meant to be a relaxing time, not a database entry event.  

I date boxes when they go into the humidor, and band / name / date any cigars that come from friends, so I can thank them after the sticks get smoked.  That's it....

I scoped out several apps quite some time back & found www.cigargeeks.com to be best for my liking. 

BBS has the right idea.....

Have you tried CigarDojo ?

You can easily find this in your app store or google play. I think you would like this one

While I am in desperate need of something like that, having to enter all of them on the spreadsheet gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Now I have to go and smoke a cigar to wash away the feeling of inadequacy I'm presently experiencing. 

ironpeddler said:
While I am in desperate need of something like that, having to enter all of them on the spreadsheet gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Now I have to go and smoke a cigar to wash away the feeling of inadequacy I'm presently experiencing. 
You need a barcode or digital matrix reading and printing app that will interact with that excel database.  ;)

:laugh:

MadMonk said:

You need a barcode or digital matrix reading and printing app that will interact with that excel database.  ;)

Exactly, a digital image recognition API that's fully integrated with a server containing a world wide cigar data base that will automatically compile my inventory by cigar brand, size of vitola, vintage, and country of origin. That should just about do it Danny.....  

Still nothing mentioned for those of us using RFID. I've got to have a chat with Mr. Spock about this.

ironpeddler said:

Exactly, a digital image recognition API that's fully integrated with a server containing a world wide cigar data base that will automatically compile my inventory by cigar brand, size of vitola, vintage, and country of origin. That should just about do it Danny.....  

I'll ask my software writing guru about that. He might bite.

Hell, without the spreadsheet I wouldn't be able to remember what I have.

As it is, since I rarely enter anything that I smoke - it's more like a listing of what I once had :laugh:

However it's a good reference for me to look at if I don't have a smoke in mind, I'll scan the spreadsheet and something will grab my interest.

You guys need to think more social than database. Untapped isn't about cataloging the brews you drink. It's social. It's meaningless internet points, but good fun. It mainly encourages trying new, unique things. My cigar-untappd would be very boring. :)

Unless you tracked all the different flava's of White Owls you smoke, that would be great entertainment

T