• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sometime on July 10th I will smoke my last cigar...

Rebel Herfer

Adiskide honekin, orduak labur!
Well gang, my sinus issues are in line to get fixed, again. So on January 25th I will go in for Sinus Reconstruction. As instructed 14 days prior I will stop smoking, so sometime on July 10th I will smoke my "last" cigar for at least 4, maybe 6 months. The Doctor has told me there is a possibility I may damage or lose my sense of smell; this is not cool for someone raised in a French household and educated in the nuances of wine. Another real crapper is that 4 to 6 months later they will repair my septum and remove scar tissue from my nosetip; AGAIN no smoking for a few weeks to months after that one. :angry: Fuggin' sucks but this is a chance to fix all my sinus issues, as they've just become unbearable this year. ;) I'm am not writing this to enlist sympathy or anything else. Let me make this perfectly clear -I am not looking for any cigars (or anythin else), I have plenty of everything right now, and will NOT accept anything. I wish only to choose from my current stash.
I am writing this for several reasons, first to see if there are any others here that have had recon surgery more than once and hear about the outcome. I'd also like to elicit suggestions for my "last" few smokes from my Tower of Power and to hold a contest. Contest details to be posted here soon. :D
So post away with some suggestions for a last smoke AND what would your choice be for your "last" cigar. :) :thumbs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is The “Last” Smoke Contest:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:

#1: One entry per person. Each entry consists of 2 (two) Cigars (Brand, Line, Vitola, optionally a year) & a time (CST).

#2: The time is when I nub out my “last” cigar (for the next few months).

#3 Deadline for entries are 12 noon CST July 10[sup]th[/sup], 2008 & must be posted in this thread.

Prize: Premium 5 Pack + “something I dig up”

Usual Suspects from The Tower of Power: (cigars producers I’ve been eyeing for my “last” smoke)

Fuente Opus
GOF

Partagas (ISOM)

Padron Anniversary

LFD

Bolivar (ISOM)

Ashton – San Cristobal

El Rey Del Mundo (both)

Tatuaje

Montecristo (ISOM)

May add a few more as I peruse the humis. :)

I hope everything goes smooth with the operation and all.
And your sinuses clear up and you won't lose your sense of smell.

Best wishes.

If I had to choose a last smoke, right now it would be something from the Padron anniversary lines. Probably an 80th maduro.

If I had to choose a last smoke, right now it would be something from the Padron anniversary lines. Probably an 80th maduro.

I'll second that! Good luck with your surgery bro. I hope all goes well.

Good luck going under the knife Jeff, my deviated septum is not bad enough to warrant surgery yet, it would be nice to be able to breathe good though, why are you having the surgery?, cant breathe, snoring or apnia?

Hey man, that kind of news sucks! A very, very close friend of mine just got some serious recon surgery done a week ago... the day before we lit up our only ISOMs and a few Padron Annis... I suggest you do the same!! Best of luck!

I think you need to send your humidor over to my house for safe keeping. I can't bear the thought of you suffering through all that temptation and such.

;)

:laugh:

:sign:

Seriously.....hope all goes well for you.

Gary

Jeff - We MUST smoke the Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 original releases before this goes down. For Gods sake man... they came from the same box!

Let me know when and where...

mac

My wish and prayer for you is a speedy and healthy recovery!! Smoke a bunch between now and then.

Jim

Good luck with the procedure! For your last, I suggest smoking the oldest stick in your collection.

That sucks!

Good luck with the procedure Jeff.

Smoke what you consider to be your second best cigar and then smoke your best cigar when you have that first one in the ensuing months.

Brian

Sorry to hear that man... but I do hope everything works out and you don't lose your sense of smell... but the odds are in your favor, no? Just think about how sweet those smokes are going to taste once you're done getting all of this taken care of.

If I had to choose a "last smoke" it would also probably be an Padron 80th maduro. I've never even smoked one but judging by how good the rest of the anniversaries are that I've had and what everyone says about em, I'd probably have to go with that.

See, I told you that you should have started mainlining after the last surgery. :blush:

I smoked the day after my surgery. What a waste of a PAM. Then the pain killers wore off.... Here's hoping you get a cute pre-op nurse. :thumbs:

sorry to hear about it...hope everything goes well and you are back to smoking cigars and drinking wine!!!!

If I had to choose my last cig it would probably be a big one...a double corona or a churchill....

Either a Saint Luis Rey Double Corona or a Cohiba Esplendido

Good Luck!

Jeff,
Sorry about the cigars but I bet you will be glad when it is all over!

Hope everything goes smooth and prayers blasted!

If I was going to choose a final cigar it would have to be an Acid. I would nub it, throw up, and never smoke again. :cool:

January or July??

Either way, I hope things work out better in the end for ya. I'd smoke a big, fat Illusione if it were me. :)

Hi Jeff,
Best wishes that this works out for you and for a short recovery. As for which smoke to choose, Just go for something you've been holding onto for the right occasion.

I hope things go well for you and all is normal after the surgery. I would smoke that cigar that you have to fight yourself from smoking. In my case a Padron Millennium or Daviddoff Diadimas.

Good luck and smokem while you can.

Ken