• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Souldog sad news

Tough stuff here. I never met the man, but from all of the replies, kind words and obvious sorrow, Jon was well liked all around. My thoughs are with his family and friends. Rest in peace.

Rest in peace! True botl he will be missed.

This is just fricken awful.  He is one of the few from here I actually met and enjoyed a cigar with, and we shared some other mutual interests beyond cigars.  I will miss him.

Jonathan, I'm burning a small pinch of Christmas Cookie for you.

A part of me is angry.  It's a damn fool thing you've done.  You had to have known the sorrow your actions would cause many others.  As a person who's battled mental pain before I know those feelings of depression, hopelessness, and dark, dark places.  I know how powerful the mind and heart can be.  I had to seek help from many great people to get better.  I'm angry that you couldn't or wouldn't.  But mostly I'm sad.  Sad that a great guy I knew is now gone.  Sad that you were in such a painful place that you felt this was the only way out.  Sad that you didn't ask for help here on CP, a group you knew would offer support and help, as this thread is showing.  If there is a silver lining to this I hope those that read this and are battling their own demons see that while things may seem hopeless and you can't find your way out, please, PLEASE reach out.  To your family, your friends, maybe even a nice stranger.  You might be amazed how compassionate and understanding some people can be.

Rest in peace, Jonathan.  I hope you have found the peace you were looking for.

I just saw a post on FB that didn't mention any names but had some comments from some other CP people so I thought I better find out what happened.  I almost wish I hadn't.  Terrible, terrible news.  It's been quite a while since I last checked in here and I sure as hell didn't want it to be for something like this. 

My condolences to Jon's family and to everyone here who knew him from the boards and in person.

- Tim

jfields said:
Damn! How many of you ( like me) are wishing you reached out to him a bit more.

RIP brother!

I've been thinking about this ever since I heard this afternoon. I've met Jon a few times; smoked some cigars and even drank some of his homebrew with him and Napa Smokes. By nature, we're all flawed as being human but we all have some truly brilliant moments. I like to think of the good times brighter parts of all our lives. And Jon had a big heart and a giving nature. He will be missed. RIP brother. 

This has also brought up to the forefront for me, my absence in this forum. I've made some great friendships here, and I miss all you guys. We all get busy with life. I just want to make more of a commitment to reach out to all of my friends and family without letting 'life' be an excuse. It is these friendships that make life fuller, brighter, fun. 

Tonight, I'm smoking an Illusione Epernay and drinking a glass of scotch in memory of Jon. Cheers BOTL. I hope they have a box of Opus waiting for you!

Charley said:
I just heard from Corey (Blue Dragon) and he wanted me to post his regrets for him as he is having some trouble getting on here. Rest in peace Souldog.
Thanks Charley!

SOB! My first FU on this site was because I took exception for him using M&F'er while describing the BBMF. I GOT HIT WITH ABOUT 96 notes telling me to piss up a rope or go home. After I grew up we became friends, bombed etc.

I am awash in sorrow.

Jonathan was the first Botl I met and herfed with in CA. Jon brought me an Opus A on a visit and we smoked for three hours... He will be missed.

Never got to meet him, but Jon was one of the guys in chat all the time when chat was frowned upon. Got to know him through there. RIP Jon.

I got to meet Jon in person once in Napa when he came up to visit. I also hung out in the chatroom with him for a year or 2 and would talk to him for hours, rest in peace man.

Is anyone in contact with Johnny (aka Stogie13)? He and Jon were close for a LONG time and had a falling out towards the end much like I did. He needs to know what happened. I messaged him here but he hasn't been active since late 2012. If you know him or have his number please call him or message me the number so I can. They were childhood friends.

Saw Chen's post on FB and got the wind knocked out of me. Like many others, Jon was one of the first to welcome me here (and always one to send a PM when needed). You will be sorely missed brother. I wish you would have reached out to us, you would have surely felt the love.

Rest in peace Jon, my condolences and prayers sent to his entire family.

My deepest condolences to Jon and his family.  May he rest in peace.