• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Souldog sad news

I appreciate how Jon welcomed me to the board, talked Redwing Hockey, and bitched to each other why everyone was so gung ho over WOAMs when we both didn't really have the taste for them. I sent him a Christmas package and he really appreciated the Redwing Jersey I included.

I always looked forward to corresponding with him. I'm really, really, really sad about this. Rest well my friend.

Wow. Is all I can say. I know I haven't been on the board in awhile but something told me to check in, never in a million years would I think I would be coming back to hear this terrible news. Jon befriend me here, one of the very first. We shared a lot of PM together as well as good old bashing on CP chat. He showed me the ropes and taught me patience, I'll never forget his kind heart. Its especially amazing how someone can be so kind to a person they met on the net, he was the standard to why CP is one heck of a community.

Rest easy brother.  

David (aka 'Breads' a nickname Jon always called me)

I didn't know Jon, but read all of these posts. What a great gentleman he seem to have been. Hope that he is in a better place and my condolences goes out to all of his friends here and his family. RIP.

I enjoyed Jon's post whore antics.  The way he handled himself when things got out of hand was admirable.
I miss him already.

Thanks for the pic to remind me what he looked like.

I just found out this evening. I'm trying to think back on the times we had together and the random calls talking about all kinds of crap, but I can't. I'm just taking this in and it sucks. I'm angry and I'm sad. I miss you brother.

We feel you man. Let us know if you need anything. Make sure you check the herf forum if you hadn't..

wavescrashing said:
I just found out this evening. I'm trying to think back on the times we had together and the random calls talking about all kinds of crap, but I can't. I'm just taking this in and it sucks. I'm angry and I'm sad. I miss you brother.

I didn't know Jon but I do share a profession with him and a hobby, so he is my brother, and I grieve for him just the same.

This is an all too common occurrence in law enforcement personnel. I hope he finally found peace.

I stumbled across this thread last night and read every single post, and it pained me. I couldn't fall asleep.

Fidelis ad Mortem brother.

mmburtch said:
Dammit!  I had good times with Jon before he slipped out of my life.  Part of me wishes I never saw this thread.  I missed him before, I'll miss him even more.

Wow...  Just wow...  I am right there with you... 

No one will ever be able to answer the "Why?" question. How incredibly horrible that feeling is - and I'm quite certain Jon would not have wanted it that way.  I know he loved his friends on this board - and I'm so saddened no one close to him even had a clue.   

RIP my friend... 

John and I were lucky to have met Jon in DC for dinner and drinks a few years ago, he was a great guy and we had a wonderful evening. John and I were deeply saddened to hear of this terrible news. John had spoken to him several times via FB a few days prior and there was not even a hint that anything was wrong. I know John wishes he could have helped. You will be missed on CP Jon and in every aspect of your life here on earth. God be with you and your family!

CRQuarto said:
My fellow brother in blue has lost the hardest battle of all, the one of the mind. He was a great man to a fault, and I will miss him. I tried so hard to help him, to the point of losing him as a friend towards the end. I wish I could have done more and found some way to help him ease the pain. I'll never forget the times I had with him. We took vacations together, laughed a LOT together, shared some fucked up stuff from work, and helped each other through some really hard times. He really was a brother to me and I am happy to have known him, I just wish I could have talked to him one last time. I was just thinking about him yesterday and now I know why.

I had a very good friend many, many years ago - my mentor - that took his own life.  He was a fantastic police officer, a good friend, and great partner.  Much like Jon - towards the end he became distant.  He argued with me over some really crazy stuff.  I truly believe it was because he wanted to be alone at the end.  In retrospect - I wish I could have done more, but there was no way I would have been able to do any more.  I lived in regret for a lot of years - but came to peace that John (my mentor, John) just wanted it that way. 

I feel your pain and I wish there was some way to ease it for you, brother.  Do not live in regret or guilt.  Just know that you were a good friend to Jon - there when he needed you - and Jon very much appreciated all of the time he spent with you. 

Rest in peace, brother. You are missed.

I too have not been on here for a while and decided to check in. Found this post and still cannot believe it. I did not know him well but we PM'd a couple of times due to our being in the same line
of work. He had a good heart and I would consider him a brother in arms. He seemed so full of life and after learning more about, him he was.
His dry wit will be missed. RIP brother. I will put a black band on my badge for you.

DeputyDawg said:
I too have not been on here for a while and decided to check in. Found this post and still cannot believe it. I did not know him well but we PM'd a couple of times due to our being in the same line
of work. He had a good heart and I would consider him a brother in arms. He seemed so full of life and after learning more about, him he was.
His dry wit will be missed. RIP brother. I will put a black band on my badge for you.
I wore my mourning band on my badge for a week after I found out.

I still find myself breaking down once in a while when I really get to thinking about him and how we stopped talking. I wish that hadn't happened, I keep feeling like maybe I could have helped him. I usually could get through to him, maybe I could have this time.

DAMN DAMN DAMN.  I'm not on here much anymore but to come back to this news just sucks.

I haven't been as active as I used to be, and just found this post.  I never had the chance to meet Jon, but I knew him through his posts here on CP.  This community is smaller without you, Jon.

RIP

Oh shit...

I haven't been on here in a few months.  Jon was one of the first people to welcome me to CP (funny how you remember stuff like that), and it seemed like the name of "Soulpuppy" was mentioned in every FOG thread that I read through in the beginning.  I remember when he said he was taking some time off of the board, and I recall feeling a bit sad because, though not exactly a great personal friend, he was familiar and he was friendly to me for no reason.  Dumb story, but I never actually intended for Batman to be my long-term avatar.  I only needed something to put up there after Rod redid the board a few years ago, and this was the first thing I thought of as a "placeholder" while I looked for the panda avatar I have on every other internet forum I'm a part of.  Jon mentioned that he loved my avatar out of the blue one day.  When I told him it was only a placeholder, he told me I shouldn't change it... and i never have.  Guess I never will, now.

That reminds me of the herf we had in his honor.  I think Charles passed around a picture of a drawing his comic book friends drew to honor him.  It was Jonathan as Batman.  Looked really cool.