• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sources

just read through some of this thread and it's pretty entertaining, I get the idea ha ha

As long as I ve been a member I m always surprised how often this topic comes up. Great post.

Well I live In Australia
so no problem in getting cubans here although the import duties are disgusting. In saying that can anyone direct me to a few cuban stores ? :) or should i be posting somewhere else ?

Well I live In Australia
so no problem in getting cubans here although the import duties are disgusting. In saying that can anyone direct me to a few cuban stores ? :) or should i be posting somewhere else ?
We don't discuss Cuban sources on this board. Since you're in Australia you shouldn't have an issue finding legitimate sources locally or from people in your neck of the woods that smoke.

Cuban Cigars are not illegal in the USA any more. Cant sell them, but you can have them.

Last edited:
Yes indeed! And the state department even states we are allowed to bring 100 sticks home for personal use (there is alot of other detail in the statement but this Is the just of it)

As this discussion is taking place in the Sources section. I will kindly remind folks, it is imperative to...TRUST YOUR SOURCE. If you know nothing about Cuban cigars and come back to the US with garbage in a glass top or that you acquired from someone selling you on a story that they know the person’s, cousin’s, mailman’s, niece, works at the factory, you are smoking fakes.

Here is a link where you can find the info. Essentially $800 worth of goods duty free from cuba including 1 liter of rum and 100 cigars. More than this and you will pay a duty tax of 4% the value of the goods

Here is a link where you can find the info. Essentially $800 worth of goods duty free from cuba including 1 liter of rum and 100 cigars. More than this and you will pay a duty tax of 4% the value of the goods

That's not the point of this discussion. We don't discuss sources here.

As this discussion is taking place in the Sources section. I will kindly remind folks, it is imperative to...TRUST YOUR SOURCE. If you know nothing about Cuban cigars and come back to the US with garbage in a glass top or that you acquired from someone selling you on a story that they know the person’s, cousin’s, mailman’s, niece, works at the factory, you are smoking fakes.
I would personally only purchase from Las Casas del hubanos stores

If I were you, I'd stay away from "Las Casas del Hubanos" stores. I'd say those stores sell 100% fake anything, if that's their business name.
Oh ok. I haven't been to Cuba yet, but I'm planning on going soon. I will have to figure all this out. My research thus far showed the safest way to avoid fakes was to shop at the official stores. Obviously I have alot of research to do.

Oh ok. I haven't been to Cuba yet, but I'm planning on going soon. I will have to figure all this out. My research thus far showed the safest way to avoid fakes was to shop at the official stores. Obviously I have alot of research to do.

Nevermind, I guess what I was trying to point out to you, didn't come across. Dad jokes don't always translate, especially to my kids.

The official stores aren't "Las Casas del Hubanos". Look up LCdH on google search and you'll find that the official stores are:

La Casa del Habano

That's what happens when you type spanish words on your cell phone. The the auto corrects and puts it's own words in

I get you though. Would you agree those are the stores to make purchases when in Havana?

I hope I am not saying anything I should not, but outside of LCdH you are safe to buy Cubans in any duty free shop at the airport of a civilized country