• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sources

Oh ok. I haven't been to Cuba yet, but I'm planning on going soon. I will have to figure all this out. My research thus far showed the safest way to avoid fakes was to shop at the official stores. Obviously I have alot of research to do.

Yeah, I think you should start with the new travel restrictions that went into effect in June...

I hope I am not saying anything I should not, but outside of LCdH you are safe to buy Cubans in any duty free shop at the airport of a civilized country
I've seen fakes at some sketchier airport shops that are just using the name "duty free"

It was my understanding that the current administration tightened restrictions regarding goods and services from Cuba. I know they certainly have regarding traveling to Cuba. That said, I have not looked into them recently so I can't say for certain if they remain as friendly as they were.

Do we have a forum area for discussing travel to Havana? otherwise we can continue to discuss here. I have been working on this for a while now and have spoken to some gentlemen very much in the know. From what i can gather, we are still permitted to travel to the island (we just need to check the appropriate box on the reason for our travel). We are not allowed to stay in the government owned hotels (ie simply stay in the air bnb's). We are allowed to bring back 1 liter of rum and 100 cigars ($800 dollars worth of goods). Anything over this amount we are subject to the 4% duty tax on the declared value. Some have brought back more than 100 sticks without issue, but technically you would be pushing it. I have been told to only purchase from the official Habanos shops. This is the jist of it. Im sure there are many here on this forum who have made the journey and have forgotten more than i even know at this point. Would love to hear from any of you with recent experience on this trip.

Last edited:
I found this thread (below), though I'm sure most of the info may be out of date. I'd hesitate to continue in this thread as I don't think it's specific to traveling to Cuba. I think this thread was started to express that it's a no-no to discuss online sources of CC's on Cigarpass.

I've seen fakes at some sketchier airport shops that are just using the name "duty free"

I would never buy in 3rd world country duty free shop. Anything in EU should be fine. My last flight was out of Paris Charlie’s de Gaul - they have a whole walk in at the duty free with lots of selections and pretty decent prices. By the way the 100 cigars 1 liter of Rum $800 combined is per person if I am not mistaken

I would never buy in 3rd world country duty free shop. Anything in EU should be fine. My last flight was out of Paris Charlie’s de Gaul - they have a whole walk in at the duty free with lots of selections and pretty decent prices. By the way the 100 cigars 1 liter of Rum $800 combined is per person if I am not mistaken
You would assume so, however, keep in mind there was a vendor from EU country, hell there have been several vendors who people have avoided because they have either sold or auctioned fakes. Meanwhile there are a some reputable vendors from so called 3rd world countries who continue to get business because they deliver quality product. As with anyghing, Caveat Emptor. Trust your source.

You would assume so, however, keep in mind there was a vendor from EU country, hell there have been several vendors who people have avoided because they have either sold or auctioned fakes. Meanwhile there are a some reputable vendors from so called 3rd world countries who continue to get business because they deliver quality product. As with anyghing, Caveat Emptor. Trust your source.
That is key and something im learning. It takes a long time to get to know your sources and then to ultimately trust your source, as you say