• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spec me some singles...

UnromanticMe

Hey guys,

Gonna buy my new humidor in a couple of days to get this hobby on the road, after buying that, ill have about £70....so about $150 left to buy some sticks with. Being new to this, im just tasting and trying at the moment, so am getting the sinlges in for now....

So guys, there is my budget...spec me some singles if you would be so kind

Thanks

Jay

Hey guys,

Gonna buy my new humidor in a couple of days to get this hobby on the road, after buying that, ill have about £70....so about $150 left to buy some sticks with. Being new to this, im just tasting and trying at the moment, so am getting the sinlges in for now....

So guys, there is my budget...spec me some singles if you would be so kind

Thanks

Jay

Check out the newbie sampler trade, under buy/sell/trade forum
Shane

Its easier however if I buy them when I buy my humi, plus it doesnt play on my then already thin patience lol

Its easier however if I buy them when I buy my humi, plus it doesnt play on my then already thin patience lol

You have to season your humi for upwards of two weeks any way!!!! First mistake, buy a shit load of smokes and dump em in a new unseasoned humi, it will suck those cigars dry. It takes a max of two weeks to stabilize before you can put your smokes in...

Shane

Oh dont worry I know...I already have another humi here to which the new bought ones will go into

What have you tried that you did or did not like? Without that, we're just kinda throwing names out there for no reason or just giving you a list of what someone else likes.

I would really consider taking advantage of the Newbie Sampler option. Your money will go much farther - UK taxes are pretty outrageous - and you'll be able to try a variety of Noncubans.

That said, if you're determined to buy from home, Montecristo No. 4s are a good beginner's choice. I would also try the RyJ Churchill, some of the smaller Hoyo de Monterreys and the ERDM Choix Supreme. Also worth a look would be the Cuaba, Rafael Gonzalez and H. Upmann marques.

In my opinion. Only. :)

I would really consider taking advantage of the Newbie Sampler option. Your money will go much farther - UK taxes are pretty outrageous - and you'll be able to try a variety of Noncubans.

That said, if you're determined to buy from home, Montecristo No. 4s are a good beginner's choice. I would also try the RyJ Churchill, some of the smaller Hoyo de Monterreys and the ERDM Choix Supreme. Also worth a look would be the Cuaba, Rafael Gonzalez and H. Upmann marques.

In my opinion. Only. :)

Don't forget the RyJ Cedros, decent price and great with a little age on them.

I haven't had the chance to try out too much at the moment, had a RvJ No.1 yesterday though which I really enjoyed, along with the Churchill, also had a Bolvair PC which I really enjoyed too...Had a couple of Quinteros whilst in Paris that were quite enjoyable...also had a Punch Punch that I find very enjoyable...

Im not fussed about being spec'd something from someone else, without knowing my likes...As im open to trying anything at the moment, to get my favourites in

I wouldnt mind trying something maybe with a bit of a stronger, maybe fuller deep flavour if any one has any ideas?

Will read through the newbie sampler thread as well, myabe end up going that route also

thanks for all the responses so far guys

Jay

I wouldnt mind trying something maybe with a bit of a stronger, maybe fuller deep flavour if any one has any ideas?

Stronger - fuller flavor...

Vegas Robaina Famosos
Trinidad Robusto Extra
Ramon Allones Specially Selected
Cohiba Sig IV, V or IV
San Luis Rey Series A
Montecristo #2

Just off the top of my head...

I would just go to a B&M and start systematically trying the sticks one shelf at a time.

Im in England so will need to purchase over here in london im afraid

Nonsense, mate. You should seriously consider the newbie samplers. They do ship overseas. However, you should also cultivate a relationship with your local tobacconist. Regular customers get the best treatment. Tell him you're new to the hobby and need some suggestions. If you find one of the few who would cheat you, you'll figure it out quickly - we can help you with that.

CoRo... :love: (Cohiba Robusto for those that don't know)

And as a member of the Newbie Sampler Thread... I have NO problem shipping overseas. And knowing that you can get Habanos over there, I wouldn't bother with the lighter stuff...

CoRo... :love: (Cohiba Robusto for those that don't know)

And as a member of the Newbie Sampler Thread... I have NO problem shipping overseas. And knowing that you can get Habanos over there, I wouldn't bother with the lighter stuff...

Swissy - you already on the giving end of the NST? It seems like yesterday you were on the receiving end...

In addition to local tobacconist and Cuban shops, I know many people (me included) that would be willing to forward items form other cigar sites. So if you want to start browsing places like Famous Smoke or Jack Schwartz, you can always pay and have it shipped free to me here and I'll turn it around and ship to you in England. Having spent five years in Japan, I had a few BOTLs help me this way and it did wonders.

Non-Cuban Suggestions:

Opus X
Anejo
LFD Double Ligero
Cao MX2 and Brazilia
Partagas Black
RP Olde World Reserve
La Gloria Cubana Serie R
Punch Rare Corojo

-K-