• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spirits Pass Review Thread

Today is Angels Envy

deep amber color

Nose : Caramel, orange, vanilla, oak

up front : salty caramel, spice,

mid palette is where you get the heat complimented by toffee like flavors

finish is long and very pleasant. All the flavors are coming together in a balanced harmonious medley

I am a big fan of this bourbon and looking forward to trying their more exclusive releases

Today is Angels Envy

deep amber color

Nose : Caramel, orange, vanilla, oak

up front : salty caramel, spice,

mid palette is where you get the heat complimented by toffee like flavors

finish is long and very pleasant. All the flavors are coming together in a balanced harmonious medley

I am a big fan of this bourbon and looking forward to trying their more exclusive releases
Their Rye is amazing!!!

Reactions: AVB
Drink: Ko Hana Koa cask strength
Nose: rich caramel, maple syrup, port wine

first taste: holy shit that burns!! Lots of zippo fluid and gasoline flavor!!!

Added 2 ice cubes to open some flavors and waited

first tast after cubes: it’s so thick I am positive I am chewing it. Getting some liquorish flavor, some syrup, maybe some prune?

final tastes: this is harsh, if you are trying to burn something from your body this is your medicine. I can see some people loving this, I am sadly not one of them. Maybe because it’s cask strength. Enjoyed the taste test however!!!
73F413CD-C46C-48E6-9CC5-C8CCEB8166AD.jpeg

A195314C-46FC-4CE7-A229-97489EF7979D.jpeg
F1A728B1-3A4C-458F-A594-524BA070B3D7.jpeg

Catoctin creek round stone Rye distillers edition 92 proof
Nose - Lemon, toffee, moscato wine, pear

first drink - very light,lemon, tons of rye

rest of the glass - some toffee, butter, pear, more moscato

Very light flavor but good. I will certainly seek out a bottle, nice sipping whiskey. Thanks @cabaiguan juan for sharing
CDAD1118-420B-4E8C-9337-AA1469A26150.jpeg

@CigSid Dam sorry, I didn't catch that at all sorry. What was it, was it good?? I killed 2 bottles and only bought one. So if my "liquor math" is correct that means I can buy 2 more.

Final review for me
Copper fox Single malt. Put by @cabaiguan juan

smell before tasting: Smokey, dark caramel, something fruity (can’t put my finger on it)

first drink: It harsh, a little bit of nut flavor, maybe a banana is what I was smelling. Very thick texture. great color and flavor

Rest of the glass: finally started to get some Smokey flavor I smelled. Very much a single malt. It is good I would recommend. Thanks for sharing Jon

FCE52906-C6CE-4DD4-9D1F-DAE737B279CD.jpeg

Final review for me
Copper fox Single malt. Put by @cabaiguan juan

smell before tasting: Smokey, dark caramel, something fruity (can’t put my finger on it)

first drink: It harsh, a little bit of nut flavor, maybe a banana is what I was smelling. Very thick texture. great color and flavor

Rest of the glass: finally started to get some Smokey flavor I smelled. Very much a single malt. It is good I would recommend. Thanks for sharing Jon

View attachment 35643
Did you get any talcum powder? Just curious.

Glendfiddich IPA cask

Sweet nose

Definitely sweet, smooth, vanilla not much of a burn.

I enjoyed it as something different but I little to sweet for me.

You must not have poured enough in to make it change the flavor no
Haha, I couldn’t resist. How does it compare to other single malts? Especially those that aren’t “scotch”? I don’t have much experience with scotch or single malts

Haha, I couldn’t resist. How does it compare to other single malts? Especially those that aren’t “scotch”? I don’t have much experience with scotch or single malts
Honestly I have steered away from scotch to this point. But the pass has made me want to try more. I would say the last two I reviewed were more smooth and flavorful than other scotches or single malts I remember having.

I did my first one, but I'm definitely planning on dipping into the rest over the next week. Stay tuned!

Ok I am happy today’s random pick is Bruichladich black art

Color is very deep amber almost agate like

Aroma: Caramel, stewed fruit, honey, clover

Palate.: Wow. So complex and smooth and honestly very hard to describe in terms of components

Here is the sensation of flavors that in the best way I can put. Imagine that all those things on a tasting wheel are mixed and randomly distributed among your taste buds. You take a sip and as the scotch ebbs and flows in your mouth it hits those taste buds that it touches producing all kinds taste sensations but the process is very slow and long lasting. One sip will have an about 5 minute lasting effect.

I had some very expensive pours in my life but I will put this in top 5 as far as uniqueness and complexity of experience.

Bill I think you just showed me my next top shelf purchase 👍👍👍