• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Starbuck Verismo, Keurig,or Tassimo? Who has one?

We've owned a Keurig pod system for the last couple of years, but I bought the Cuisinart kpod coffee maker rather than the Keurig because I've blown through 2 machines already due to the pump not being able to handle longevity. Maybe Keurig has fixed the problem in their machines, but the Cuisnart has lasted the longest.

I saw the Vue on display and it does look nice, but until my current machine dies I don't want to share counter space.

That is the problem I have heard with the Keurig, they don't last very long.

I've had mine for over 2 years and it's still going strong. I may be a special case though.

We've owned a Keurig pod system for the last couple of years, but I bought the Cuisinart kpod coffee maker rather than the Keurig because I've blown through 2 machines already due to the pump not being able to handle longevity. Maybe Keurig has fixed the problem in their machines, but the Cuisnart has lasted the longest.

I saw the Vue on display and it does look nice, but until my current machine dies I don't want to share counter space.

That is the problem I have heard with the Keurig, they don't last very long.

I've had mine years without issue

We have been looking into getting a Keurig as well. It seems everyone uses the prepackaged pods. Has any one used the myKcup insert? We were thinking of going this route and using better coffee in it.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1355225601' post='1116750']We have been looking into getting a Keurig as well. It seems everyone uses the prepackaged pods. Has any one used the myKcup insert? We were thinking of going this route and using better coffee in it.[/quote]

We also have pods that we fill. It works great, but I only use then on the weekend, when I have more time. Sometimes I fill them the night before.

Pardon me for a brief interruption, does anyone have any suggestions of where to buy some good, premium coffee for a Keurig? My brother-in-law has one and he asked for coffee and whiskey this year.

Try San Fransisco Bay Coffee from Amazon. They have a unique style K-Cup design that has a filter basket on the bottom instead of the solid plastic cartridge. I buy them in boxes of 80 (Breakfast Blend & Rainforest Blend). Within the box, they are packaged in bags of 8. The only down side is that you need to store them in a ZipLock baggie instead of the carousel that the traditional k-cup comes in due to the different design. Also I would like to mention, because of the difference in design design, they are less expensive than the traditional K-Cup.

I find the coffee very flavorful and LIKE the idea of the different design, when you open the baggie in the morning, you get the benefit of the extra sense...smell...which I miss when sticking a plastic cartridge in the machine.

I've found with all the K-Cup machines is that the coffee is "mild/lighter" tasting even with the "extra-bold" blends. I love a strong cup of Peet's in the morning but when I'm out of coffee/time I can turn to my Pixie for a 4 shot Americano in about 1 minute that costs $2.

My wife gifted me/us a Nespresso Pixie that uses hermetically sealed aluminum pods and produces some amazing espresso/americano, and even delicious decaf for when you want something to sip without the buzz.

It's a tad over $200 and the pods come in sleeve's of 10 for around $5 a sleeve. (You get what you pay for gents)
img40o.jpg
  • Works exclusively with Nespresso’s premium coffee capsules (16 are included) for locked-in freshness and convenience with no mess.
  • Heats up in 25 to 30 seconds – faster than most single-cup models on the market.
  • Two top buttons allow you to select a shot size, a 1-oz pour or a 2- to 3-oz pour.
  • Machine can be programmed to brew a specific duration based on your preference.
  • A 19-bar pressure pump ensures maximum extraction of flavor.
  • Innovative Thermoblock technology guarantees precise temperature control.
  • Spent capsules are neatly ejected into an internal receptacle that holds up to 10 used capsules.
  • Removable water tank is easy to fill.
  • Drip tray flips up to accommodate larger cup sizes – handy when you’re making a latte or cappuccino.
  • Easy-to-read backlit buttons.
  • Auto shut-off after 9 minutes.
nespresso_sleeve.jpg

Guinness anyone? ;)

If you want to try it out, head over to any Williams & Sonoma and ask for a sample.

-Jimmy

We have a Kuerig at work where the guys tend to be a little rough on stuff. So far so good after 2 years. I use the insert with my own coffee fairly often and works fine.... Most of the time. Occasionally leaks grounds.

At home I use Tassimo with good results and find the coffee a lot cheaper. Not the selection of Kuerig though. Tassimo also makes the coffee faster because it doesn't go through the long heating cycle that Kuerig does after sitting for a while.

Head to head I prefer Tassimo. But you can't go wrong with either if you are in a hurry. But they don't provide exceptional coffee regardless of blend.

We've had a Tassimo for 2 years now and still use it several times a day. Selection is not a varied as the Keurig, but love the latte and cream options.

We've had a Tassimo for 2 years now and still use it several times a day. Selection is not a varied as the Keurig, but love the latte and cream options.

The Crema are amazing, if you can find them

I have never found any of them to make a satisfying cup of coffee. I suspect it has more to do with brew temperature. I won't buy any coffee maker whose manufacturer does not publish the machines brew temperature. That said, I can't ever see myself buying one of these as the temperatures, to date, have been poor, the coffee is nasty, and expensive. I could buy Pure Kona beans for the same price as the blended "cup" offerings.

I have never found any of them to make a satisfying cup of coffee. I suspect it has more to do with brew temperature. I won't buy any coffee maker whose manufacturer does not publish the machines brew temperature. That said, I can't ever see myself buying one of these as the temperatures, to date, have been poor, the coffee is nasty, and expensive. I could buy Pure Kona beans for the same price as the blended "cup" offerings.

You need a Breaking Bad coffee machine then!

051.jpg

You need a Breaking Bad coffee machine then!

051.jpg

Damn, that made my nipples hard.

I purchased a Keurig when they came out around 5-7 years ago. Had mine for a good three years and bought another one. I also have a Dolce' Gusto if you have ever tried that. More gourmet style coffeehouse beverages. I still want to try the Verismo. I know two people who have it and they say it's so-so.