• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Starter Desk Top Humidor

Mimi03

Hi. I’m looking for advice please.

I am looking to buy my husband his first Humidor. He is a cigar enthusiast, but not an Afficionado. He currently stores his collection of about 40 cigars in various airtight plastic boxes. I am looking to buy him a nice desktop box to keep his cigars in.

My budget is about $75-$100 Some questions I have: What should I look out for? Is a glass top a good idea or not? Any recommendations?

Many Thanks
Mimi

Savoy makes quality humidors in your price range. Link
Nothing wrong with storing cigars in airtight plastic containers , with the proper maintenance , but a nice humidor makes for a nice presentation.
Avoid glass tops, humidors with analog hygrometers and eBay humidors.

Welcome to the Boards Mimi. You get what you pay for is a true statement with Humidors. However like Monk said, nothing wrong with Tupperware to cut cost down. A lot of things play into your selection. A biggie is, does he store them in numerous containers because some are flavored? Just about everyone will recommend you store flavored and non flavored separately. Also this is a really addictive habit so if he has 40 cigars, plan your purchase to hold at least 100. I have no skin in the game with this site, and really its just an example in your price range but I would start with the link below. Like Monk said, avoid glass and those analog hygrometers you see on the front. He probably already has something to keep the cigars humidified but if not I would steer him towards a Boveda bag for that size humidor. Also a good Hygrometer is KEY!!! he might already have one, but this is my favorite without blowing your budget and certainly for the size you are talking about.

Hope that helps!! I love when wives ask for help before spending money on things so if you need more help feel free to post or reach out to me or really anyone here.

Agree with MMM, stay away from the glass top humidors. You'll want a humidor that can hold 50+ cigars. Don't be afraid to spend up to $150 for a better quality humidor. Post what you are thinking of buying and we can give you an opinion on it.

Here is a beautiful humidor, hand made by an Italian company (stay away from Chinese made humidors) it’s about double what you want to pay, but this is pure quality, and will last a long time...
7DA801D0-7EE5-426E-8CD7-765A7EBEF156.jpeg

These are normally over $400, so this is really a good deal...

Good luck, and let us know what you ended up getting, and how he liked it 😊

Savoy makes quality humidors in your price range. Link
Nothing wrong with storing cigars in airtight plastic containers , with the proper maintenance , but a nice humidor makes for a nice presentation.
Avoid glass tops, humidors with analog hygrometers and eBay humidors.
Thank you so much for that great advice!

I just want to compliment you on searching for information here and supporting your husband’s hobby. Many people would just find the cheapest humidor and call it a day. I hope he appreciates you and your effort 😎
Thank you so much. I really want to ensure I am not buying something that looks nice, but doesn't function! It made sense to come here had speak to real enthusiasts!

Welcome to the Boards Mimi. You get what you pay for is a true statement with Humidors. However like Monk said, nothing wrong with Tupperware to cut cost down. A lot of things play into your selection. A biggie is, does he store them in numerous containers because some are flavored? Just about everyone will recommend you store flavored and non flavored separately. Also this is a really addictive habit so if he has 40 cigars, plan your purchase to hold at least 100. I have no skin in the game with this site, and really its just an example in your price range but I would start with the link below. Like Monk said, avoid glass and those analog hygrometers you see on the front. He probably already has something to keep the cigars humidified but if not I would steer him towards a Boveda bag for that size humidor. Also a good Hygrometer is KEY!!! he might already have one, but this is my favorite without blowing your budget and certainly for the size you are talking about.

Hope that helps!! I love when wives ask for help before spending money on things so if you need more help feel free to post or reach out to me or really anyone here.
Wow, these are great tips. I will keep these at the top of my mind when researching. Thank you so much!

Agree with MMM, stay away from the glass top humidors. You'll want a humidor that can hold 50+ cigars. Don't be afraid to spend up to $150 for a better quality humidor. Post what you are thinking of buying and we can give you an opinion on it.
Thank you so much! I think I may just stretch my budget a bit to get something that is of better quality. It seems true in the case of Humidors, you get what you pay for!

Here is a beautiful humidor, hand made by an Italian company (stay away from Chinese made humidors) it’s about double what you want to pay, but this is pure quality, and will last a long time...
View attachment 31940

These are normally over $400, so this is really a good deal...

Good luck, and let us know what you ended up getting, and how he liked it 😊
Awesome, thank you! Looks great, and I have considered the advice all of you guys have kindly given, and I am going to increase my budget to get a better quality humidor. Thanks so much!