• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Step 2

I agree with the few here...Keeping this person's identity isn't going to help anyone else who might eventually fall into this trap with this particular person. True, you are being kind to this person by not naming them. You are saving THEIR face...but for others here who are long time members of the site, long time BOTL/SOTL and cigar lovers in general, what if they encounter this person? They have no idea who they are dealing with...*I* would NOT want to go unwillingly into a deal with someone like this. I would feel pretty betrayed and in the end...pissed off. So while I know you are trying to do the "right" thing in order, I believe, to keep the peace, what you should be doing is saving everyone while there is still something to be salvaged.

Melly

I agree with the few here...Keeping this person's identity isn't going to help anyone else who might eventually fall into this trap with this particular person. True, you are being kind to this person by not naming them. You are saving THEIR face...but for others here who are long time members of the site, long time BOTL/SOTL and cigar lovers in general, what if they encounter this person? They have no idea who they are dealing with...*I* would NOT want to go unwillingly into a deal with someone like this. I would feel pretty betrayed and in the end...pissed off. So while I know you are trying to do the "right" thing in order, I believe, to keep the peace, what you should be doing is saving everyone while there is still something to be salvaged.

Melly

Maybe you missed it... I gave him two days to come forward and out himself and he did... So everyone knows who he is. I am confused about your post. Did you not read all the posts and see who this guy is? No one was going to keep his identity. I just gave him the chance to stand up and do the right thing. Maybe you skipped a few posts somewhere.

You, my friend, are a sack of shit. But I think you already knew that. On top of the world and crashing down? Give me.. no, US a break. Pure BS. Do you know what the word Character means? It means doing what is right, even when you screw up royally, even when nobody is looking. If I made bad on a trade or a buy, I would tuck my tail between my legs and send the CIGARS back if I couldn't make the money. And make a pubic apology without fake DCs in it. Lets see you send back those Opus' that I'm sure cost a pretty penny for Shooter to buy in the first place... Instead of another bad check you jackass.

And how about all of the other people you scammed, huh? Posting DCs even if they are real doesn't mean anything. We KNOW that you aren't going to make good on them, you've already neglected them long enough. You've posted DCs before on this thread that ended up costing the recipient rather than just dissapointing them. Your word has zero effect on me. Send those Opus' back and a $10 bill(real money, not monopoly money) in the box for Shooter and stay away you piece of carrion. :angry: :angry:

Edit:
Am I a newb? Yeah
Was what I said harsh? Yeah
Did it need to be said? ...I think so.

douche.jpg

Going all the way back to page 2 of this thread, marcsheldon threw up an impromptu contest in this post and I happened to win. The package came in today and gave my wish list a serious blow. :0 Thanks Marc, I look forward to them all! :thumbs:

edit: spelling

Going all the way back to page 2 of this thread, marcsheldon through up an impromptu contest in this post and I happened to win. The package came in today and gave my wish list a serious blow. :0 Thanks Marc, I look forward to them all! :thumbs:
Nice :thumbs:
Glad some good came out of this thread

Going all the way back to page 2 of this thread, marcsheldon threw up an impromptu contest in this post and I happened to win. The package came in today and gave my wish list a serious blow. :0 Thanks Marc, I look forward to them all! :thumbs:

edit: spelling

I'll bet it was a very serious blow, Marc's great people. Congrats on the win! Now go lie down, put a cold compress on your forehead, and take some deep breaths.

UOTE
Can you please give me a call and we can straighten everything out? 708.
~Steve

Just send a MO...

That is what I was going to ask you. What fees did you have to pay? I would like to add that into the amount.

80 dollars is fine. You owed me 65 from the start.

Do you use paypal? If so I can have it to you by tomorrow at the latest.

That was a sample of a PM after he wrote me a bad check......

Hmmm that was the 28th of August, no MO or no paypal by the 29th at the latest.

When will this guy quit?

Hmm

Hmmm that was the 28th of August, no MO or no paypal by the 29th at the latest.

When will this guy quit?

Hmm
He won't....he's a write off.

Has < anyone > received anything from this guy, as promised, yet....??

Just curious - B.B.S.

Has < anyone > received anything from this guy, as promised, yet....??

Just curious - B.B.S.

The cigars he owed to several BOTLs for CP poker all seem to have arrived at their destinations yesterday. He's paid up in that respect.

As far as I know, he still owes Shooter, the PIF pass, and a few Cigar Pool winners.

Got to talking about this sleeze bag tonight at the DC herf. So I thought I would bring up for late night reading entertainment.

OH YEA HE STILL OWES ME!!!!!!!

Got to talking about this sleeze bag tonight at the DC herf. So I thought I would bring up for late night reading entertainment.

OH YEA HE STILL OWES ME!!!!!!!

When I saw the thread I was wondering why the hell it was up again and hoping that perhaps he saw the light and made good. Oh well, at least he provided you with some discussion tonight at the herf - that ought to be worth at least 10 bucks. :laugh:

As all of you know I am a Noob, this whole incident is unfortunate for the people involved that keeped up their end of the deal (mainly Shooter). It was a an insightful thread, which makes passes and trades with Noob's that much more difficult. If a guy who has been around for a while can screw you, it unfortunatley makes everyone more suspect. I hope through my ocassional post and and forum participation I can earn the trust and respect of my B/SOTL. To continue making this a place with integrity(that's what led me here in the first place) for one and all who enjoy one of life's little treasures our beloved smoke.

Hope it does not sound long winded.
Your BOTL.

Adrian

Hey Adrian - the guy who screwed Shooter wasn't a long-standing member and had inconsistent actions since being one. I don't want to paint the picture that you can trust anyone who has been around here for a while, but one of the unique and special things about this place is that very little crap (like guys screwing over each other) occurs here because it's such a tight knit community where people look out for each other. Very little gets past guys here and that's why newbies who come here just to sell their "stash" and who may be suspect, are often revealed. The bottom line is if you stick around here for a while, you will soon know who you can trust (which are most guys who are contributing members).

Hey Adrian - the guy who screwed Shooter wasn't a long-standing member and had inconsistent actions since being one. I don't want to paint the picture that you can trust anyone who has been around here for a while, but one of the unique and special things about this place is that very little crap (like guys screwing over each other) occurs here because it's such a tight knit community where people look out for each other. Very little gets past guys here and that's why newbies who come here just to sell their "stash" and who may be suspect, are often revealed. The bottom line is if you stick around here for a while, you will soon know who you can trust (which are most guys who are contributing members).
The family environmnet is very evident, I have IMO been greeted very well by the members and it is comforting to be taken "under the wing" by some of the members. I think this extends to their every day life they are stand up people. Look forward to my time spent here, as for guys who come to "unload" their supplies that is B.S. I on the contrary am on the acquring front, another of the great things about CP and I don't mean mooching. As often stated here in due time, in due time. I hope the trust thing did not come out wrong, I was refering more along the lines that there is always a "shady character" among us try as you may. That too is evident that the bad occurences are far and few.

Thanks again,
Adrian

Entertaining? not really. Informative? Hells yeah! Thanks for the refresh and sorry for this experience Shooter.

Reminds me of when I got stiffed for a $150 phone bill in college because some shmuck decided to rake up my bill and make calls to japan, vietnam, russia, etc...

A big thanks to all the FOG's watching out for us newbs and keeping this board the great place that it is.

So I call Shooter tonight to invite him over for our annual holiday party. Tells me he just finished herfing with the DC crew. I am jealous. I might have to host my own herf, just so I can make it to one.

Actually, this would have been the proper way to handle it had you kept it to PM's or e-mails. Once you took it public, as you did by this very post, you implied to the rest of us that we have someone amongst us that has not lived up to their end of a deal. You owe it to the rest of the community to lay the facts out.

What Kenny said.

And Shooter, I'm pissed you sold my 3 boxes of Opus to someone else. :)