• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Still haven't learned pass (lets go)

Glad to see I was gone for a little over a week and didn't miss anything!  :sign:

The good news is that the pass is fine.  The bad news is that I forgot I had it.

PMs are being sent now... :D

Alright, so I decided I couldn't resist:

Takes:
  • Don Carlos 30th Anniversary Lancero
Puts:
  • Opus X Maduro Lancero "Jackson Russell Welch 2008"
  • Don Carlos Senior Blend "Tyler Cole Welch 2010"
The above are birth cigars for my two sons, no one else has smoked them (but the blends are not different)

gallery_10_11_512489.jpg

I soaked the beads, then drained the water so they are nice and charged up:

gallery_10_11_502679.jpg

It's off to Paul today, via USPS DC# 0306 3030 0002 5016 2766

Sorry for the delay folks... though half of it was officially sanctioned by Phil, to allow Carlito to partake in the puts/takes :)

BTW, Phil's fancy packaging fell apart:

gallery_10_11_586207.jpg

...so I just threw out the pieces that were broken, and dumped in some peanuts:

gallery_10_11_430151.jpg

moki said:
Alright, so I decided I couldn't resist:

Takes:
  • Don Carlos 30th Anniversary Lancero
Puts:
  • Opus X Maduro Lancero "Jackson Russell Welch 2008"
  • Don Carlos Senior Blend "Tyler Cole Welch 2010"
The above are birth cigars for my two sons, no one else has smoked them (but the blends are not different)

gallery_10_11_512489.jpg

I soaked the beads, then drained the water so they are nice and charged up:

gallery_10_11_502679.jpg

It's off to Paul today, via USPS DC# 0306 3030 0002 5016 2766

Sorry for the delay folks... though half of it was officially sanctioned by Phil, to allow Carlito to partake in the puts/takes :)

Could be me, who knows.

Well, we know what happens in the Welch household around St Patrick's day.   :whistling:

mmburtch said:
Well, we know what happens in the Welch household around St Patrick's day.   :whistling:
Once per year, baby!

Also:

Tracking Number: 03063030000250162766

Updated Delivery Day: Monday, March 9, 2015

USPS Tracking™

March 9, 2015 , 9:29 am, Out for Delivery, DERRY, NH 03038

Sorry guys for the delay I will have this turned around monday and post up my end tonight or tomorrow.

Okay finally getting around to this after a hell of a week. Sorry for the delay!

T: Bolivar RE Alemania ED 109 P: (55) '08 Monte EL Sublime
T: Cohiba Mini P: (56) '13 LGC MdO No.3
T: Punch RE Reino Unido P: (57) '08 Bolivar RE Canada Simones
T: QdO Panatelas (1994) P: (58) '99 Punch Churchill

Thoughts? 

Paul

First 3 look fine to me, last 1 is a little marginal because of the age difference and vintage difference (pre-hybrid/blend change vs. the dark years).  Interested to hear the thoughts of others on that though.  

To expand on that comment for anyone that doesn't know what I meant (you know, as a lesson :D) 1995/1996 there was a widespread blend change across many HSA marcas, correlating to the introduction of hybrid wrapper and shift away from pure corojo in an attempt to curb blue mold.  That coupled with the cigar boom of the time period where production quotas for HSA were massively increased with zero increase in actual yields resulted in a perfect storm for 1999-2001 production cigars.  To meet demand inexperienced rollers were brought in to ramp up production while leveraging often inferior crops to increase material supply, which resulted in an abnormally large percentage of the HSA cigars from that era having construction issues and being effectively dowels.  Of course, there are/were many good cigars from those years but I am guessing anyone that was around for the firesales on those vintages will have stories to the contrary.  

Light up that Punch Paul.  If it draws well and tastes good you can let it go out and go ahead with the trade.

Thank you for the Info. Lucky for me I guess the first 4 sticks out of this box smoked very well.

I will go with the first 3 trades and get the box off to Gary. Gary are you ready to receive...

insight said:
First 3 look fine to me, last 1 is a little marginal because of the age difference and vintage difference (pre-hybrid/blend change vs. the dark years).  Interested to hear the thoughts of others on that though.  

To expand on that comment for anyone that doesn't know what I meant (you know, as a lesson :D) 1995/1996 there was a widespread blend change across many HSA marcas, correlating to the introduction of hybrid wrapper and shift away from pure corojo in an attempt to curb blue mold.  That coupled with the cigar boom of the time period where production quotas for HSA were massively increased with zero increase in actual yields resulted in a perfect storm for 1999-2001 production cigars.  To meet demand inexperienced rollers were brought in to ramp up production while leveraging often inferior crops to increase material supply, which resulted in an abnormally large percentage of the HSA cigars from that era having construction issues and being effectively dowels.  Of course, there are/were many good cigars from those years but I am guessing anyone that was around for the firesales on those vintages will have stories to the contrary.  

MinRonBeeDog to the rescue!!!

Just to be clear  - I wasn't meaning to be a dick there (this time), just figured some of the history from those years may have not been passed along recently.