• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Story - Be Careful

That's very fortunate that you have self control and didn't mouth off to that scumbag like alot of people would have. I don't believe he would have hesitated for a second to pull the trigger if you had gotten in his face or said something to him about the way he was acting. You just never know what might happen. Glad you're safe and getting the heck out of there.

I don't know Andy. There is a big difference between someone mouthing off to an angry drunk guy, and an angry drunk guy with a with a cocked and loaded pistol in your face. Don't think I'd do it. Especially in Texas.

Glad all is well in this case. Everyone is still alive, and that guy is where he belongs.

Don't ever get involved in a domestic dispute. Call the Police. I've known of battered wives turning on the good Samaritan.

Doc.
Very true. The situation can turn from 1 rescuer vs 1 tyrant to 2 on 1 really fast. I'm glad this situation worked out well for you.

Indeed; well said Doc. Same thing can happen (and has) upon officers responding on the scene as well. Same kind of mentality that leads battered wives/girlfriends to swear out a probable cause affidavit and/or warrant one day, then come pleading to have it recalled the next.

Once upon a time and ages ago, had a buddy who was a district attorney. Had a case involving this fella who decided to go outside of his trailer one day, and attempt to shoot his old lady with a 10 gauge while she sat near a window, INSIDE, watching t.v. Something happened so that she turned her head to look out the window, and caught a blast to the face. God and fate being what they are, it didn't result in her death, but instead resulted in, basically, her entire jaw being shot off. He was arrested and such, and in the case that followed, she later refused to participate and/or testify against him, did not want to have him prosecuted, etc. - because he apologized to her and she wanted to make things all better and not upset him any more than she had before. She also didn't want to see her man get into trouble or be "attacked." Go figure.

At any rate, point being - that kind of boggling mind set is what you gotta always be mindful of, not to mention the mindset of the fella on the opposite side of ya. Glad everything worked out ok, this time.