• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions for CP

It's been a while since I've asked this question...

What would you like to see at CigarPass? Features, content, guides, etc... Post them here, and let's see how many we can make happen.

Thanks,
Rod

Open the PM's up to more participants to say 50. Not that its need all the time but will make it a llitle easier for some things.

Just a thought,

Paul

I've increased it to 100.

Well that was easy... I guess I should have said something last week. 100 that is perfect if you need 100 people in one PM. :laugh:

There will be a free app coming soon...

If you are going to do apps, please remember some of us use Windows Phone 7. We aren't all hippies with iphones. :sign:

Search is now fixed.

Wish I could accomodate a Win 7 app, however the marketshare isn't there, so not many developers. I'm not a hippie either, but I'm now on everything Apple - iMac, iPad, iPhone, you get the picture. It just works. :D

What about a section for people to post video reviews about cigars. That might be a new twist on doing reviews.

How about banning T36 and Souldog, this place will be better place for everyone! :thumbs:

Rod,

I was reading the CP Birthday thread and where you were talking about providing more dynamic content. I think a service that the cigar community has missed is the comparison shopper that cigarcyclopedia used to have. I honestly have no clue what would be involved in aggregating data like that on a weekly or even monthly basis (probably too much to make it worth while) but if they were able to do it every week the thought crossed my mind that maybe it's something that can be done here at CP.

Interesting idea MrAnderson... I just did some research and it seems all of the available plug-ins aggregate data from the big sites, such as Amazon, Overstock, etc... If I can find something that will pull data from google products, then I'll install it. I'd rather give the small cigar shops the opportunity, rather than promote the big guys. I'll keep an eye out for a plug-in that will allow this.

Thanks for the suggestion...

Interesting idea MrAnderson... I just did some research and it seems all of the available plug-ins aggregate data from the big sites, such as Amazon, Overstock, etc... If I can find something that will pull data from google products, then I'll install it. I'd rather give the small cigar shops the opportunity, rather than promote the big guys. I'll keep an eye out for a plug-in that will allow this.

Promoting the small guys is even better. I know outside of the CP'ers here I have a hard time finding smaller B&M's online to order from and this might make that a bit easier.

That brings up a good point; maybe we should create a list of small BM's who support CP...

Promoting the small guys is even better. I know outside of the CP'ers here I have a hard time finding smaller B&M's online to order from and this might make that a bit easier.

Ya think I'm gonna blow my source for high end Pineapple White Owls?

Riiiight.

;)

That brings up a good point; maybe we should create a list of small BM's who support CP...
With contact information and a link to their site, if available, if they approve. To take it a step further, I wonder how many would be interested in having their own page at CP? Post deals, contact info, maps, specials, etc. Maybe it's members only, special members (number of posts or something) or even invite only? Allow members to comment about the B&M? I don't know how easy it'd be or if people would even be interested in maintaining another site (or A site, if they don't already have one)... but since we're brainstorming. :)

Ya think I'm gonna blow my source for high end Pineapple White Owls?

Riiiight.

Then why am I staying around here? That was my motive for registering!

With contact information and a link to their site, if available, if they approve. To take it a step further, I wonder how many would be interested in having their own page at CP? Post deals, contact info, maps, specials, etc. Maybe it's members only, special members (number of posts or something) or even invite only? Allow members to comment about the B&M? I don't know how easy it'd be or if people would even be interested in maintaining another site (or A site, if they don't already have one)... but since we're brainstorming. :)

I like the sound of that, but then again I have no clue of the logistics involved...

I'm on another forum where there is both a general Vendor Forum where any vendor can post as well as an Approved Vendor Forum in which vetted and approved vendors get their own sub-forums so they can have multiple threads - upcoming releases, events, reviews, Q & A, general chit chat, etc. - all housed in one place.

- Tim

I know you are busy with the new baby Rod but I had an idea on a new addition to CP.

I was thinking that it would be cool if we mentioned a person in a post that it would tag them in the post and they would get a notification alert that they were mentioned in a post. Like Facebook does now. I think if it is possible it would be nice for us when we do not follow every thread.

I hope this makes sense.

Paul