• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Summertime Beers

CulturedHick

Aderaline Junkie
I love porters and stouts, which are great for cooler weather or enjoying inside the house where it is cool, but are too heavy for me to drink while I am outside. I cannot stand hoppy beers at all. I have tried alot of them and just cannot drink them. I spend most of free time outside during the summer, and am looking for suggestions for a lighter, but flavorful beer to enjoy outside this summer. 

Any suggestions?

Alan

Goose island honker's ale is pretty good and doesn't have a hoppy kind of taste you dislike.

Bell's ~ Oberon
DFH ~ Indian Brown Ale (it's not hoppy, to me)
Sierra Nevada ~ Pale Ale

There are so many good beers out there.  Try some of the different brands and find out what you like.  It would be really hard for me to recommend any beers to you in the fact that what is available where you live is probably completely different than what I can obtain. 

You mentioned that you really liked the Deshutes Jubale last summer.  Maybe try and find that again.

Sierra Nevada is widely distributed around the US.  You should be able to find the old standby, Pale Ale easily.  Perhaps even Ruthless Rye, which although being an IPA, is cut down on the hoppiness by the rye.  Anchor Steam?  Usually the spring and summer seasonals tend to be variations of white ales, Belgian style pales, and wheat beers (along with IPA's).  You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding something you'll like.

I'm not into beer, but this Negra Modelo in's half bad along with the Cain F.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen
Hoegaarden White
Leffe Blond
Goose Island 312
Maredsous 6 Blond
Unibroue Blanche de Chambly
Monk's Flemish Sour

I'll second sar127's suggestion on the Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen and Hoegaarden White.
I also like Boddington's Pub Ale

I'll second the Monks Flemish Sour.  I love sour beer with cigars.  Bells also has a Smitten Golden Rye Ale that is great for hot days.

I'm like you and love stout's and porters and dislike a hoppy beer. I know this probably won't be a popular suggestion going by what's already been put out there, but I like the Sam Adams seasonals they do for the spring and summer.

1056.gif

I like this. Easy to find, well brewed, easy on the wallet and can be drunk in mass quantities.

Doc

nfulton said:
I'll second the Monks Flemish Sour.

Gotta be preapred for this though.  If you've never had a flemish sour it can be pretty shocking.  Try it out for sure but maybe from somewhere you can just get a single.  Wouldn't want to waste a 6 pack!

"Gotta be preapred for this though.  If you've never had a flemish sour it can be pretty shocking.  Try it out for sure but maybe from somewhere you can just get a single.  Wouldn't want to waste a 6 pack!"

Very good point.  Around here a 4 pack is almost $15.

My wife just so happened to send this link to me at lunch.

150 Beers to drink before September

"Gotta be preapred for this though. If you've never had a flemish sour it can be pretty shocking. Try it out for sure but maybe from somewhere you can just get a single. Wouldn't want to waste a 6 pack!"

Very good point. Around here a 4 pack is almost $15.

My wife just so happened to send this link to me at lunch.

150 Beers to drink before September

Nice link and tell the wife thanks! Being that there are 92 days before September, I've got my work cut out!

Bell's Two Hearted is a good one.
New Glarus Moon Man No Coast Pale Ale is a great choice but only WI distribution.

I had forgotten about the Jubilee and the Sam Adams, thanks for reminding me. I have never had a sour, but I will try anything once. Thanks for all the suggestions guys and the 150 beer list....It's time to go to the beer store!

I'll be drinking plenty of Avery White Rascal this summer, with a couple of Leinenkugel Summer Shandy mixed in,