• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Summertime Beers

Deschute's Twilight Summer Ale is my go to "lighter-session" beer.

Try it!

I love Pilsners and Blonde ales when the weathers hot. try some Damnation by Russian River.

Backslide said:
I love Pilsners and Blonde ales when the weathers hot. try some Damnation by Russian River.
I like Redemption by them better, but Damnation is still tasty!

I fall into the stouts and porter category of beer drinker also, but I'll second the Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. A cold Blanche de Brussels in the summer is damned nice.

Boulevard Tank 7
Tripel Carmilet
Sam Adams Blackberry Witiber
Most Belgian White Ales
Russian River Redemption

Tried it for the first time last night - Captain Lawrence Sun Block. Described on the package as a "hoppy wheat beer," BA lists the style as American Pale Wheat Ale. Definitely not "hoppy," but just a little bit of hops to help balance out the inherent sweetness that comes from the wheat. 4.5%, definitely sessionable.

I don't think you can go wrong with wheat beers during the hot and sometimes humid summer months.  My personal favorite is Franziskaner Weissbier.   

Shiner Ruby Redbird---it's their summer seasonal release the last 3 years or so now.  Has red grapefruit and I believe some ginger added.  Not to Lambic levels, just a nice refreshing bite. I mostly drink distilled spirits, but I love it for hot days.

~Boar

Summer Shandy is surprisingly great as a summer beer.  I'm not into super light beers but this one is great and refreshing.

I always like anything with a lot of hops in the summer.  I like the crisp bitterness.

Also cant go wrong with:

Sam Summer
Blue Moon
Shock Top
Magic Hat Wacko
Dogfish Head 60 or 90 min IPA

Just picked up some Bells Midwest pale ale...at least I think that's what it was lol. Have yet to try it though.

Love summer shandy but can only handle so much of it.