• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TAA 2004

ya I'm heading up. the wife just had surgery so she will not make it.

see you guys there.

isthis the event you guys are talking about? I might just be able to make this. It would be nice to meet some of you guys and get to know more about this pass stuff.

Looks like the Latino chick (name escapes me at the moment) from Too Fast Too Furious will be at the TAA event in NYC. Seeing her suck on a cigar might be enough to get a few people there... ;)

Apparently the part of Washington Heights that the event is held in is quite nice.

moki said:
Looks like the Latino chick (name escapes me at the moment) from Too Fast Too Furious will be at the TAA event in NYC. Seeing her suck on a cigar might be enough to get a few people there... ;)

Apparently the part of Washington Heights that the event is held in is quite nice.
I think you should call Carlito and arrange for her to be at our table. :D

Ok, Got a 48 hr pass. oh ya.....

Leaving Thursday AM from Northern VA....anyone else going up care to share the ride? Returning some time on Friday....unless we get hijacked.... :0

Ok looking for ward to seeing you guys....and girls. :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

2 Days!

*pee pee dance*

I don't know this for a fact, but I would not be shocked if Rudy Guiliani showed up -- he contributes to CFCF.

A good time was had by all! A full review and photos will follow at some point later..

Big100HD said:
Ok, Got a 48 hr pass. oh ya.....

Leaving Thursday AM from Northern VA....anyone else going up care to share the ride? Returning some time on Friday....unless we get hijacked.... :0

Ok looking for ward to seeing you guys....and girls. :thumbs:
Alright, so let's hear the story -- what happened to ya? ;)

I left northern VA...1 pm sharp.....

I left later than expected due to work...I decided to take my wife’s new 2 week old Volvo out for a test drive instead of the Road King.

I was worried about the time and expected to be at the event about 7:30 pm due to rush hour traffic. Seems this was the perfect time of day to leave. The traffic was light to moderate. I immediately pushed this car to the limits (well, my limits) and found myself in the 90's in seconds. The handling and rides was great. With an open road I cruised at 125 mph with ease. Working my way around the beltway I felt like I was in the Grand Prix. The handling in the curves was fantastic.

I found myself at the Baltimore tunnel in less than 40 minutes. Before I knew it, I was at the NJTP around 3:15 pm. Seeing the back up south bound on the Turnpike around exit 4 went for miles....now I'm getting worried. What's it going to be like going north?
I did not hit any real traffic until I got past exit 13. I was feeling comfortable about the time as I had almost an hour and a half before the event. The GWB was only a surprising 5-10 minute wait. I was shocked.

I was at the marina around 5:15 pm...277 miles on the OD with plenty of time to spare...With my adrenaline pumping from the ride it made the evening that much more exciting.

I enjoyed a nice walk in the park next door and returned around 6 pm.
The excitement of the evening was setting in. The marina is perched about a mile or so north of the George Washington Bridge.

I immediately pulled one of the cigars from the host bag. The Maximus, the deep dark oily wrapper felt silky smooth. The pre-light draw was good with a rich earthy taste. I found an old friend Mr. Dewars ("12 year"). He and I got along well all evening. I settled in along the back of the event overlooking the water. I lit the Maximus. An explosion of flavor filled my mouth with the first draw. The heavy white smoke rolled off my tongue and disappeared in the breeze. This cigar is one of the best Maximus I’ve ever had.
Nice even burn, good solid ash throughout the cigar. I watched across the river as a few small boats passed by and reminiscing of my Navy days. The crowd starting to arrive I went around talking to several people. It was turning out to be a great event.

Mr. Dewars and I looked around for Andrew and Jason all night. Seems they were hiding. I did meet several members of the Fuente family and other BOTL’s. Overall it was a great time.

We’ll just have to make it a point to have another event to break bread together.

Big100HD said:
Mr. Dewars and I looked around for Andrew and Jason all night. Seems they were hiding. I did meet several members of the Fuente family and other BOTL’s. Overall it was a great time.
Unreal! We were looking around for you as well -- I'm sure you saw us, the event wasn't _that_ crowded! If ya saw a petit little asian girl, that's Polly, my girlfriend. Next time give us your digits or something! heh

moki said:
Big100HD said:
Unreal! We were looking around for you as well -- I'm sure you saw us, the event wasn't _that_ crowded! If ya saw a petit little asian girl, that's Polly, my girlfriend. Next time give us your digits or something! heh
Post some pictures of the TAA moki!

Ludwig said:
Post some pictures of the TAA moki!
Sadly, I didn't take a single picture -- but others did, including Other1

Most of 'em came out pretty crappy. ??? I guess between the drinking the smoking and the fact that I was a little under the weather I didn't notice they were all out of focus. I'll see if there's anything worth posting.