• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taboada

It was a oooh smiley, as in what a concept buy low sell high! Should have used this one :0

O I C.
For clarity's sake, I mean I would ahve the option to sell at TODAY's prices. Sell it with two years of age on it for what I paid for it.
But it's an option, so that I would only sell it if I wanted to (they do not age terribly well) and you would be obligated to buy them at today's price.
I think I learned when I was a entry-level stockbroker (before lawschool) that options jokes are almost never funny.

It was a oooh smiley, as in what a concept buy low sell high! Should have used this one :0

O I C.
For clarity's sake, I mean I would ahve the option to sell at TODAY's prices. Sell it with two years of age on it for what I paid for it.
But it's an option, so that I would only sell it if I wanted to (they do not age terribly well) and you would be obligated to buy them at today's price.
I think I learned when I was a entry-level stockbroker (before lawschool) that options jokes are almost never funny.

Okay I'll take you up on that offer in 2009! :D

O I C.

Okay I'll take you up on that offer in 2009! :D

I'm invested heavily in pork (baby backs to be specific)... well, since I bought my WSM (Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker) :thumbs: :D

...and I'm definitely going to pass on this years Taboadas. Too bad he wasn't rolling gold medals. :( :D

For that price I can fly to Cuba and back, grab 50 customs and 34 mojitos ! :D

I hear that Emil, 'cept for the booze. I'll skip that and go right to the cigar shop next to the coffee bar!!!! :thumbs: :cool:

EDIT for afterthought:

I just don't ever seeing myself buying anything at that price, even if I COULD afford it. From what I've read about them (someone said above '04s were great) they're good, but are they THAT great?? I doubt I could ever have the tasting capabilities to appreciate one.

Am I alone here?

How about this. In 09, when I test them out, I have a "put" option to sell them to you at thse prices.

Josh, I'll sell you one of those puts for $850. Whaddya say? :p

I'm all for people selling things for whatever the market will bear, but those seem like some pretty silly prices to me.

Someone'll pay them though.

How about this. In 09, when I test them out, I have a "put" option to sell them to you at thse prices.

Josh, I'll sell you one of those puts for $850. Whaddya say? :p

I'm all for people selling things for whatever the market will bear, but those seem like some pretty silly prices to me.

Someone'll pay them though.

Nah, those numbers don't work for me. That would mean that the underlying goods (the bundle) would have to be available in the market for under $150 in order for me to win. (850 premium, right to sell at 1000 in 09. 150 bucks. BUT, I would have to deliver the goods.) So, if I was long the goods now, for $1000, knowing how good they MIGHT be in 09, this should be a pretty cheap put, actually. Even if they are terrible in 09, I could get more than $150 for them in the market. This put should be almost free...right?
The put's value is in protecting my DOWNSIDE. Now, buying a call....if these things turn into the best Tabs ever rolled...how much more would they be worth in 09? At 1000 a bundle....not that much more, methinks. But I might pay $200 or so for a Sept 09 1000 call on some of those bundles.
Right? I never took my series 4 for a reason.

Hmmmm...cigar futures. Like the Bordeaux futures that one of my old bosses spent a fortune on....

Wow. Now THIS is a threadjack.

You're absolutely right, I think. But I think you should buy my put anyway. It only makes sense. ???

To stay a little bit OT, my perspective on this is that I could buy 30 '06 Cohiba ELs, and have money left over to buy a box of regular smokes for the price of one of Sr. Toboada's bundles.

For those that see value in them them, more power to ya'.

You're absolutely right, I think. But I think you should buy my put anyway. It only makes sense. ???

Deal! As long as you take e-gold.

To stay a little bit OT, my perspective on this is that I could buy 30 '06 Cohiba ELs, and have money left over to buy a box of regular smokes for the price of one of Sr. Toboada's bundles.

For those that see value in them them, more power to ya'.

Agreed. GB?

bump what others have said:

1) too goddam expensive
2) they are "ok" smokes for my taste
3) hopefully they will age very well

So, Senior Taboada needs more pain med injections, eh? :whistling:

Dirwood

LOL!
This guy comes out of retirement more than Roger Clemmons and Cher.

PASS!

I'm still trying to get over the sore throat I got from smoking one of the 06's earlier this year. At least I still have one for my custom rolled collection :rolleyes:

:cool: