• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taking the plunge with this humidor

PTownshend

big-nosed cigar freak!
After much purchased in the humidor dept, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get this unit:

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/mer...RNITUREHUMIDORS

I've read elsewhere that we have some happy owners of this particular humidor. I want to say either Ironworker or Moki have it. I'd love to hear your experiences with this item and with the company that produced it.

I started with larger humidors to accomodate boxes of cigars, but found that they were just too small. Once this unit comes in I'll be selling off at least 2 of those other humidors (stay tuned!).

What I'd love to know about this unit is the particulars:

How long did it take to season the wood?
How well does the seal keep the RH constant?
What does one use to humidify this unit (I was thinking a Cigar Oasis 2, maybe larger?)

Anything at all to help me would be greatly appreciated. As it stands now, it looks as though I'll receive this item in December if I order it now.

Thanks in advance ;)
Darren

PT

I was looking at this same unit. Wife has finally succomb to that fact it is going in my office.

I do think others on this board have experience with this unit.
Ironworker comes to mind.

I was going to post a similar thread and look forward to their responses.

Maybe a group buy opportunity???

looks like a nice unit... I bet I could get that one thru purchasing (aka the wife! :laugh: ) since it looks better than a cooler up on end!
:cool:

I'll be curious to hear what you think of it- namely the seal on the door...

let us know your opinion when it arrives

Did you pay the listed price or use the make an offer feature?

Funny since it seems more people are interested in it then have actually purchased it. But hopefully someone will post their opinions on it shortly. I wonder if we could get a group buy going if say 5 or more of us got together to buy 5 humi's. But then again it is pretty cheap for such a large humi. What do people think? Worth a shot, no?

CigarAl said:
PT

I was looking at this same unit. Wife has finally succomb to that fact it is going in my office.

I do think others on this board have experience with this unit.
Ironworker comes to mind.

I was going to post a similar thread and look forward to their responses.

Maybe a group buy opportunity???
[snapback]247856[/snapback]​

Oh man, sorry! I got that "itch" for a bigger and better humidor and plunked down the credit card for it. So, the order is in and I'm now waiting impatiently for it to arrive in early December.

It will be an early Xmas for me, thats for sure!

Hey, let me know if you go ahead and order it. Would be great to hear what you think about it once it arrives.

Thanks,
Darren ;)

lucasbuck said:
[snapback]247864[/snapback]​

Uh oh. I paid the price (which still seemed cheap enough for me). Why do you ask? Should I have offered less for it?

I have a feeling I won't like this answer :laugh:

Darren

Yes I have that very humidor and I love it. Did someone say Moki has this too?I figured Moki for a big wall model (go figure) anyway here's how it go's:

You will receive a letter about 5 days before your humidor ships telling you that they have a glass door that replaces your solid wood door. The costs for the glass door is only $45?? I think. It's incredible low and you can't no :sign: .

I also purchased the Cigar Oasis plus and it more than does the job of keeping the humidor at the correct RH. The top drawer is very spacious and I have about 150 cigars stored (that's close to maxed out).

I fill my Oasis with water every 3 weeks and it does just fine. I put a bowl with 70RH beads and 2 small wet sponges in the humidor for 2 days along with the Oasis running full blast. Then I transfered my cigars on the 3rd day without any problems.

GO FOR THE GLASS DOOR. you wont be sorry. I have the feeling if I hadn't purchased the glass door I would have always been opening the humidor to look at my cigars.

I figure another 6 months and I will be ordering another similar unit as this one is busting at the seams.

I hope this helps you.

Congrats

cool.. looks nice, but daaaaaamn... shipping to me costs the same as the stupid humidor! Ouch!

Oh well.. coolers for me...

it looked to me like shipping was $56.00 UPS ground, am I missing something?

Rich

Ironworker, it looks like Swissy is in Alaska. Shipping is quite expensive.

Could you guys post some pics of these, the staged photo i think does not do it justice. How does the construction feel on the unit? Solid or does it have that particle board wobble?

Congrats Pete, i might be following in your footsteps shortly.

K

kro77 said:
Could you guys post some pics of these, the staged photo i think does not do it justice. How does the construction feel on the unit? Solid or does it have that particle board wobble?

Congrats Pete, i might be following in your footsteps shortly.

K
[snapback]247971[/snapback]​

Its as nice as any piece of furniture I have in the house. No particle board.
Solid wood and heavy as hell.

Rich

here are a couple photos the day I got mine.

habanos_011-760x1013.jpg

habanos_013-760x570.jpg

habanos_014-786x589.jpg

Rich

Ironworker said:
it looked to me like shipping was $56.00 UPS ground, am I missing something?

Rich
[snapback]247937[/snapback]​

Hey Rich,
for grins and giggles, put in Anchorage AK, 99504 in the shipping field... $166 ground (which will take many WEEKS to get here) and was over $200 for 2nd day!

Yipes... but I may try and bid low and see if they take it... offset the cost of the shipping a bit.

Reading their site they say they will not take an offer lower then 20% off, but worth a shot. And IW that thing does look really nice for the price. True it is no Aristocrat or Avallo, or better yet Heartfelt or other highends but looks might nice to me.

- K

PTownshend said:
lucasbuck said:
[snapback]247864[/snapback]​

Uh oh. I paid the price (which still seemed cheap enough for me). Why do you ask? Should I have offered less for it?

I have a feeling I won't like this answer :laugh:

Darren
[snapback]247918[/snapback]​

I just noticed that feature when I followed your link and found it interesting. My guess is they wouldn't take much less anyway. Just curious, thanks.

lucasbuck said:
I just noticed that feature when I followed your link and found it interesting. My guess is they wouldn't take much less anyway. Just curious, thanks.
[snapback]248029[/snapback]​

I tried to lowball the price, since shipping is min. $166 to me. You cannot even sbmit anything less than 20% lower, so about $264 is the lowest you can go. I thought about it, but decided I'm staying with the cooler for now- once I get the house paid off, and then the boat bought... then I'm going fancy- Heartfelt, Aristocat Cabinet, Vigilant, Arlin Liss, Paul Humidors, etc... something niiiiiice that I can keep for years, and be proud to show anywhere in my house... not like my coolidor that's hiding out of view per wifey's orders! :laugh:

True it is no Aristocrat or Avallo, or better yet Heartfelt or other highends but looks might nice to me

What I would love to see is a unit like this with built in refrigeration for less then the two grand the highends charge.

Wombat said:
True it is no Aristocrat or Avallo, or better yet Heartfelt or other highends but looks might nice to me

What I would love to see is a unit like this with built in refrigeration for less then the two grand the highends charge.
[snapback]248186[/snapback]​

I would also like to see it come stocked with ISOMs, aged PAMs, and a stripper serving me single malt....hell, as long as we're dreaming...right? ;)

I don't think I've ever seen a unit with temp control for under 2 grand...if you find one, let me know!!