• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taking the plunge with this humidor

Well well well... my humidor just arrived and 3 days early!! :)

I will take some pictures and post them tonight. Did anyone else get theirs today, too?

Darren

Mine just left Doraville Ga. So I am guessing it will be Thursday as stated in the email I got. Thats fine with me!

Mines here tomorrow... was to be today but the damn weekends always play havok with 2nd day delivery here... :angry:

Has anyone ever reinforced the seal on this humidor? I'm thinking that I'd like to at least add some insulation/weather stripping/something to the power outlet so as not to lose any precious humidity.

Ironworker, anyone?? ever have an success in fortifying leaky spots?

Any help would be greatly appreciate and recompensated with some nice cigars I have to offer!

Happy Holidays!
Darren

Waiting for mine to come this Friday!!! Trying to figure out how I'm gonna lug this 90 lbs. monster upstairs :0

thegre8tone said:
Waiting for mine to come this Friday!!! Trying to figure out how I'm gonna lug this 90 lbs. monster upstairs :0
[snapback]262878[/snapback]​
Carefully, very carefully.
Remember to squat, don't bend.

I'm hoping my wife leaves the thing on the porch so I don't find her doubled over in pain when I get home.

Sadly, I threw my back out for a period of time last night trying to bring it up the stairs into the first floor of my house.

Needless to say, its in the basement and in the basement it will stay ... for now!

Darren

Swissy, sorry to hear that. I can't see how in sam hill they could lose something as big as that!!! :angry:

I hope it doesn't cost you anything extra.

Damn, sorry to read about it.

Darren

I got mine today. The guys from UPS (two of 'em) carried it into the house and set the box in the dining room! Thanks guys whoever you were.

Unfortunately when I got home and unpacked it I found a fairly serious ding on the front right in the middle of the base at the top of the arch.

Funny thing is the box was undamaged in that area. It had one heck of a crush in one place, but the humi was fine in that area.

Nice looking cabinet, good construction. No complaints there.

I haven't contacted Dave yet...

Guys, I just posted a message on Swissy Merry (*^(*&^)*(&^ Chirstmas to me thread.

You should be happy you got a unit.

Dave confirmed my order and than apparently "lost" it. Details on the thread.

I am still waiting to hear back from Dave

Wow, I'm so very sorry to hear about that CigarAl. It would seem that a major snafu has happened, but I'm not surprised as its happening around the Xmas time rush. Not saying its right, but if there would be a time for not only 1 but 2 humidor cabinets to be lost now would make the most sense.

I sincerely hope that either those packages found their way home or Dave makes good for you. I never received the Cigar Oasis Plus that I ordered and half thought that it went missing. Upon emailing Dave he told me that it would ship seperately.

Best of luck guys with getting your humidors. Please do let us know if they ever get to where their supposed to go!

With regrets,
Darren

PT-

I understand things happened and the reason I did not post my experience until now was becasue I was hoping Dave would make good.

Upon hearing that Swissy had a second unit sent, I amnot trying to take anything away from from him, totally contradicts what Dave told me.

And to me, that's just bad business.

I will post what the outcome is.

CigarAl, don't waste time with these smaller units you will grow out of. Take the plunge and grab a Vinotemp 700. 88" high by 51"wide by 29" deep. Weighs 686 pounds empty and holds 6000 cigars. It is also temp controlled, all for 2995.00 plus 580.00 for shipping and set up.