• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Talk me into it

donzz

As some of you might remember I sold some of my collection to fund another purchase. Part of that sale was my vino.I have been looking for a new humi, as I now use a 20mm ammo can I lined with Spanish cedar .I was looking at a $200 + investment.
After seeing this
http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-mini.html

Im wondering if I should just spend the extra on this.Is the set and forget worth the extra $ 260 or would there be better options? ie the accumonitor , beads ?

Thanks
Don

How ya been Don! Good to hear you are looking to buy a Staebell , they are nice pieces of furniture. I would choose the middle picture, the one with the frosted glass. 

If you're jumping from a 200 dollar investment to an Aristocrat whats another 260?  :cool:

They are $439 so Ive already added another 250+ with shipping. The question is , is another 260 worth it ?

Dave been well, You?

IMO if you can swing the digitial set and forget system, then I would. Disclaimer-I don't own one and never have, but if I could I would. Of course this is coming from a guy with a coolerador!

Lord have mercy, I hate it when you force me to look at these again. Drooling to too easy after 70.

It's the best active unit an the market for sure. I love mine.

Jason

The set and forget units are pretty nice. I wish it had a way to measure the water level in the reservoir, but after years of use I know the fill frequency necessary to prevent running dry. While mine regulates temperature as well, I don't think that is as important as humidity. I kept cigars in a cool-a-for for many years before purchasing one of Bob's.

One advantage to purchasing the Humidification system with the humidor is that Bob will handle any issues you may have with it. I think that is worth the cost difference in the long run.

Keep us posted on your choices and good luck!

I would. I bought a Set & Forget unit from Bob for my small walk-in closet humidor that I'm finishing up (customer service was great from Bob - answered all my questions and didn't try to force me off the phone) I also have an Accumonitor in my cabinet and have not had any issues with it. Both will save you a lot of time and aggravation. Like Chief said at this point you might as well spend it and not regret that you didn't put it in. 

It looks like this will have to wait. Going from $200 to $439 plus shipping was do able . Going from $200 to $800 isnt right now. I thought that with the smaller size, beads might be sufficant. Its only 3 cubic feet , 18 1/2"W x17"D x 23" H 

Thanks for the input

Don

Once you've had a well thought out active humidification system, there's no going back.  My Staebell is the bomb, one of those investments that makes me smile, every time I open it.  JMHO.....

I guess this makes me the voice of dissent.  I too have an aristocrat and I have the set and forget system, and I love it.  However, based on the dimensions, the mini is probably smaller than 4 cubic feet.  I believe you can adequately humidify with beads. 

khari, thats what I was thinking .I wonder if everyone saw Aristocrat and thought big cabinet?
Ill probably wait till after the first of the year and take the plunge for the whole deal

Thanks
Don

Me being the cheap bastard that I am decided to make my own.....  So I got me this in 12v:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111045750855?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
and raided a PC fan and the glad ware from the cupboard, and an AC adapter and created this...works like a charm and the sensor was extremely accurate (I have cleaned up the wiring).
IMG_20120227_204817.jpg

IMG_20120227_204846.jpg

IMG_20120227_204918.jpg

I have recently purchased the 110v version and am building a walk in with the new house.  I will hook an outlet to it and will control a much bigger humidifier.  If you search you can track down many of the components that the expensive guys use.  But theirs are probably a lot more seamless.

^^Cool setup! I love it when someone hotrods a system that works^^

DePasta said:
Me being the cheap bastard that I am decided to make my own.....  So I got me this in 12v:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111045750855?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
and raided a PC fan and the glad ware from the cupboard, and an AC adapter and created this...works like a charm and the sensor was extremely accurate (I have cleaned up the wiring).
IMG_20120227_204817.jpg

IMG_20120227_204846.jpg

IMG_20120227_204918.jpg

I have recently purchased the 110v version and am building a walk in with the new house.  I will hook an outlet to it and will control a much bigger humidifier.  If you search you can track down many of the components that the expensive guys use.  But theirs are probably a lot more seamless.
I love it when someone repurposes parts and makes it work.