• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black

modo22

I FINALLY can say I am a home owner. I have been been trying to find my first house for over 6 months now and found the one over 30 days ago. I have been under contract for just over 30 days and am going to close tomorrow morning. Everything has been approved and the house is mine! I never thought buying a home would take so much BS with the banks and stuff, but it is going to be worth it. I should be all moved in tomorrow with keys and official paper work. As soon as that happens I am going to smoke my first tat black that I got a hold of a month ago to celebrate. I am sure there may be cigars out there that better suit a celebration cigar, but this is the one I have been waiting on for over 3 months!

After that I have been sitting on a WOAM for a short period of time and that will be next! I was hoping to finish off the weekend with a Tat Frank. But I have yet to find any of those....and per the rules as stated below, I am 8 days from being able to ask :)

Request retracted.....for now
:thumbs:

I FINALLY can say I am a home owner. I have been been trying to find my first house for over 6 months now and found the one over 30 days ago. I have been under contract for just over 30 days and am going to close tomorrow morning. Everything has been approved and the house is mine! I never thought buying a home would take so much BS with the banks and stuff, but it is going to be worth it. I should be all moved in tomorrow with keys and official paper work. As soon as that happens I am going to smoke my first tat black that I got a hold of a month ago to celebrate. I am sure there may be cigars out there that better suit a celebration cigar, but this is the one I have been waiting on for over 3 months!

After that I have been sitting on a WOAM for a short period of time and that will be next! I was hoping to finish off the weekend with a Tat Frank. Is there anyone out there that can help me find one or two?

:thumbs:

The American Dream . . . congrats brother!! Please though, retract your request for cigars until you've been here 4 months.

Congrats!!!! The American Dream!

Welcome to the club of Mortgage payments, HOA BS, and asshole neighbors. :laugh:

PM me your addy, you've been here long enough and behaved yourself near as I can tell.

Hey I know the feeling, I too am closing on my first home next week on July the 8th.

The last few weeks have been so frustrating dealing with the bank and their requests for information. It was like they kept asking for the same things over and over again.

Congratulations on the house, I hope you have many years of happiness there.

John

Hey I know the feeling, I too am closing on my first home next week on July the 8th.

The last few weeks have been so frustrating dealing with the bank and their requests for information. It was like they kept asking for the same things over and over again.

Congratulations on the house, I hope you have many years of happiness there.

John

Thanks John,

Same to you! I do not feel like I should have to prove what my name is six different ways. Or explain why I transferred money to my checking account from my savings to pay bills.

Congrats on the house. Can't wait to be in your shoes!

Congrats! I know what you've been through , but it's all over now. You can relax and...aw, who am I kidding, it's going to be work. ;)

Where in Washington did you end up? When do we get pictures? :D

Congrats!! just bought my first house last SEP.... get the First Time Homebuyers Tax Credit if no-one has already told you about it!!!

Congrats! I know what you've been through , but it's all over now. You can relax and...aw, who am I kidding, it's going to be work. ;)

Where in Washington did you end up? When do we get pictures? :D

Yea, I am realizing slowly the work that will be involved. The yard is about .25 acres, so it will not be that bad. But boy, the jump from rent to mortgage is going to be so fun!

I am out in Pasco Washington right off the Columbia River. Perfect weather, none of that Seattle crap makes it over here. Once I get up and going, I will get some pics up with that celebration cigar!

Yea, I am realizing slowly the work that will be involved. The yard is about .25 acres, so it will not be that bad. But boy, the jump from rent to mortgage is going to be so fun!

Did you pad any money into your mortgage? If so, I say, use it as an excuse to buy yourself a riding lawnmower or a robotic mower. It gets hot down in Pasco! You don't want to mow all that without help. ;)

Did you pad any money into your mortgage? If so, I say, use it as an excuse to buy yourself a riding lawnmower or a robotic mower. It gets hot down in Pasco! You don't want to mow all that without help. ;)

I paid down a little bit, not enough for the 2k John Deer I want. But for now a little push mower will work. I just never thought of things like a weed eater, hoses and ladders! I actually look forward to taking care of it because a beer and cigar post yard work is 20 times better than when you are just sitting on your couch. I have been in apartments for 6+ years from school to moving out west....Now I am done!

Are you from around the WA area?

Congrats! Its an awesome feeling sitting in your own home that first day and night. At least for me its something I'll always remember.

I paid down a little bit, not enough for the 2k John Deer I want. But for now a little push mower will work. I just never thought of things like a weed eater, hoses and ladders! I actually look forward to taking care of it because a beer and cigar post yard work is 20 times better than when you are just sitting on your couch. I have been in apartments for 6+ years from school to moving out west....Now I am done!

Are you from around the WA area?

...and that flat panel screen, new garage door openers, wood for a new workbench where you'll promise to do things like...make cat towers and humidors so you don't have those 20's sitting around all over the place. Oooh, Roomba, Scooba, Looj and Litter Robot. Do it, they're nice to have.......unless you have dogs, apparently. ;)

I have a place over on the other side of The Sound, in the Kitsap area, but I've rented it out and I'm spending most of my time in Massachusetts. Whenever I'm in Washington, I just sleep in my office. They're use to that sort of behaviour from me. :laugh:

Congrats on the house! Doesn't it feel good to pay back into your own pocket instead of giving it to someone else for rent. Enjoy your smoke(s)!

Use the first-time homebuyer tax credit on cigars.

This!

I just moved into my first house, though we haven't closed yet(renting till close), I can understand what you've been going through. Congrats on reaching the end of the buying process and the beginning of the maintenance process. I'll be there soon!

Congrats!

I was lucky enough to have been gifted an 858 Rosado, that I enjoyed after we closed/moved in to our house.

Congrats on your home, Tri-cities is a nice area. We travel through Pasco while on our way to northern Idaho. The Tatuaje Black is a great smoke to celebrate with. This past weekend I smoked my first Black on my mom's birthday, and what a enjoyable smoke it was!!! My mom and sister were like your going to burn your fingers. Anyway, congrats and enjoy your home.

This!

I just moved into my first house, though we haven't closed yet(renting till close), I can understand what you've been going through. Congrats on reaching the end of the buying process and the beginning of the maintenance process. I'll be there soon!

"beginning of the maintenance process." I hear that, I am already finding things I can not wait to fix, but also dreading those big things that will some along. Thanks for the good words guys. I just got finished moving today! what a horrible experience, but well worth it. Finally all done, thinking of firing up the grill and enjoying a smoke....at least once the 100 degree temps fade. From this day on I will never live in a building where I have to climb a two story to move in or out!!!! And next time I am going to hire movers....I have done this enough.

That home buyer credit is a must. I am meeting with an accountant next week to amend my 08 taxes and get it now instead of waiting.

Just make sure you're filing for the '09 credit (yes, it's the '09 credit on your '08 taxes). The credit available for people who bought their first home IN '08 has to be paid back over a 15 year period with each years taxes, the '09 credit doesn't have to be paid back at all.

I closed on my house in Sep '08 and got the '08 credit when I filed my taxes in March. When I heard there was a new credit that didn't have to be paid back I tried to amend and get it instead but I couldn't since my purchase was actually in '08 and not '09.