• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje

I love it! Nowhere else can you get info straight from THE man's mouth than here! Thanks Pete. Safe travels.

Long live the reds, cello or not. I've had my first box of Reds -- cello'ed Artistas -- since May and they taste fabulous. I may be in the minority, but I think I actually like the Reds better than the Browns ... but probably love the Reserva blends best of all -- said as I am working on a SW Reserva as I type.

I may be biased, being a Tat whore and all, but these things are sheer bliss to me. To each their own! :love:

Word is Tatuaje's are junk since Pete switched tobacco.....

I'm not sure where this info comes from??? We have not changed any tobacco. All the tobacco is coming from either Pepin's farms or from Oliva Tobacco Co. as it has for the last 3 years.

We moved to cellophane on the Red labels out of the request from a large percent of our retailers. Tough for me to do but has been good so far. The extra stickers are going away soon. We used the sticker to designate which boxes had cellophaneduring the transition.

The P Series is scrap tobacco from all the Red Labels, La Riqueza, Cabaiguan and Triunfador, so the blend is much different than the Red.

Hope this answers some questions. Sorry about the short response as I am on my way to Germany to a trade show.

Pete

Seems to be a little problem here. The Tat Red was released October of 2006 wiki exactly 3 years ago and Pepin planted his first crop in February of 2008 with it not being available until the middle in 2008. You will see 2 things in this article from Smoke first is Pepin starting his first crop in 2008 and the second is that Aganorsa supplied the tobaccos for the tatuaje line My link Kinda hard to make a cigar from tobacco that did not yet exist. I think it is you sir that have been owned not DePasta.
Care to explain yourself Mr. Johnson?

I'm not sure where this info comes from??? We have not changed any tobacco. All the tobacco is coming from either Pepin's farms or from Oliva Tobacco Co. as it has for the last 3 years.

We moved to cellophane on the Red labels out of the request from a large percent of our retailers. Tough for me to do but has been good so far. The extra stickers are going away soon. We used the sticker to designate which boxes had cellophaneduring the transition.

The P Series is scrap tobacco from all the Red Labels, La Riqueza, Cabaiguan and Triunfador, so the blend is much different than the Red.

Hope this answers some questions. Sorry about the short response as I am on my way to Germany to a trade show.

Pete

Seems to be a little problem here. The Tat Red was released October of 2006 wiki exactly 3 years ago and Pepin planted his first crop in February of 2008 with it not being available until the middle in 2008. You will see 2 things in this article from Smoke first is Pepin starting his first crop in 2008 and the second is that Aganorsa supplied the tobaccos for the tatuaje line My link Kinda hard to make a cigar from tobacco that did not yet exist. I think it is you sir that have been owned not DePasta.
Welcome to the boards, Santa!

Pete

Welcome to the boards, Santa!

Thank you Ben, appreciate the welcome.

a) I don't think even Santa can help with my pass
b) Thinly veiled gimmick account but kudos to whomever on letting it idle for years to wait for this moment (no I don't know who it is).
c) I am sure Pete will reply when he is able, sounded like he was pretty incommunicado from his last post.
d) Moki is a towel.

a) I don't think even Santa can help with my pass
b) Thinly veiled gimmick account but kudos to whomever on letting it idle for years to wait for this moment (no I don't know who it is).
c) I am sure Pete will reply when he is able, sounded like he was pretty incommunicado from his last post.
d) Moki is a towel.

Pete's in Germany right now, hopefully he will check back soon to put this straight.

Didn't the man say over the last 3 years it's been EITHER Pepin or Oliva Tobacco Co.?

Don't think Santa caught Pete in anything. More like Santa got caught reading too quickly. Slow down, sir, check your list twice.

Does Santa own a roofing company with a 90% customer satisfaction rating?

Pete
Is it me or did Pete just spank that ASS? :laugh: :D

Ummm, and who are you?

Even Pete admits 2 different tobaccos in his post. I am just saying, smoke an early release red label side by side with a recent release. Make up your mind.

Thanks Santa for the research!

Didn't the man say over the last 3 years it's been EITHER Pepin or Oliva Tobacco Co.?

Don't think Santa caught Pete in anything. More like Santa got caught reading too quickly. Slow down, sir, check your list twice.

But he also said that "we have not changed any tobacco." So, if that is indeed the case, then he couldn't have used any of Pepin's tobacco if the dates Santa has provided are correct and the blend has never changed. I haven't checked the links yet.

Also, welcome aboard, Kris.

But he also said that "we have not changed any tobacco." So, if that is indeed the case, then he couldn't have used any of Pepin's tobacco if the dates Santa has provided are correct and the blend has never changed. I haven't checked the links yet.

Also, welcome aboard, Kris.

Tom's still sore from Easter passing by without a pastel release by Pete. He thought he had a winner with that one, oh well.

I had them back in 2007 and I bought a box last spring (2009). I'll be the first to admit that my palate is not sophisticated enough to probably tell the difference but from what I've read here and from my personal experience, Tatuaje's blending and quality control are top notch. I'm smoking them no matter what field they were grown in.

Some things that jumps out here at me.
1. The article states that Pepin planted his first crop of tobacco "on his new farm" in mid-2008. It does not say anywhere that he wasn't growing tobacco prior to that.

2. You're assuming of course that the tabacco he planted on his own farm is from different seed than what they were getting from Aganorsa? What if it's the same strain, and seed, as what they were buying? Does that make it different tobacco?