• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ten freaking years...?..!

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
About a week ago it dawned on me that today, the 31st of January, 2015, would be the 10 year anniversary of me signing up for Cigar Pass.  And what a ride it's been.... :laugh:  I've made lifelong friends, traveled to visit BOTL's, opened my home to great guests, and generally had a smashing time.  Always a good place to hang out, visit, learn about cigars, and shoot the breeze.  What I didn't know was the quality of folks I'd meet and visit with.  I can't thank Rod enough for maintaining the house, keeping things running and giving us all a place to call our 'home' page.  And, I can't thank you guys enough, all of you, for ten years of great times and friendship.  It really means a lot to me.

So, for an anniversary like this, we need to give away some good stuff, right?  That's what I was thinking.  How about something old, and something new:

gallery_1565_604_70398.jpg

In 2007, I attended one of the CP Herf's in Las Vegas.  Amazingly, I won a box of Illusione 23's.  They've been chilling in my cabinet ever since.  The look and smell pretty fantastic:

gallery_1565_604_72373.jpg

Along the way I've smoked a pallet or two of Padron cigars.  Seems they have a little anniversary this year, too.  Here's a few of their FR 50th smokes (pardon the color balance):

gallery_1565_604_18641.jpg

So, I'm going to give away THREE prize packages, consisting of a culebra (3 sticks in the bundle) from the Illusione 23 box, and a Padron FR 50th.

Now, pay attention here as this gets complicated..... :p   Here's what you need to do;
  • To enter, pick a number between 1 and 100, and post that number in thread.  Hey, even I could do that..... :laugh:
The rules are simple;
  • To play, you have to be a registered member of Cigar Pass, and you have to have registered sometime before 1-1-2015.  
  • To be included in the drawing, you can't have been a dick in the forums in recent history.  My contest, my rules, my call.
  • One guess per person.  If you post two guesses, both guesses will be DQ'd.
  • Don't pick someone else's number.  If you do, your entry will be DQ'd.  
  • If we actually get 100 folks that want to play, the contest will be closed and the numbers will be drawn.
  • Contest runs from now until noon, PST tomorrow (2-1-2015).  Entries posted after that time won't be considered.
At that time I'll list the entries, and generate three random numbers.  Winners are the folks that hit the numbers or whoever is closest to the numbers picked.  I'll ask the winners to confirm their ship to addresses for me and I'll get the goods out Sunday afternoon.

For the geeks in the audience, the science of random numbers is interesting (well, to me it is.... :laugh: ).  If you're interested, this is a pretty cool place to check out.  It's also where I'll get my random numbers:  https://www.random.org/

I hope the folks that win these cigars will enjoy them; they should be smoking pretty wonderfully.  I also hope this will be fun for everyone that guesses.

I can't say thanks enough to all the fine people that make this a fun place for me to hang out.  You guys are the best.....thank you.

Tom, congrats on the anniversary brother. It has been a pleasure knowing you. I'm sorry that I don't qualify for your contest as I've been a dick on many occasions! :D

Congrats on the anniversary and thanks for the contest. Also a huge shout out to Rod,this is truly a special place.

...yeah, but Kris, you and I went to the same school on that one.... :laugh:   You're one of the best, my friend.....it's my pleasure.

Congrats on the anniversary.  Thanks to you, Rod and all the others that have built this place into a great community. 

Congratulations on a huge milestone, Tom!  This place wouldn't be the same without you; I've learned a lot from you over the years.

Congratulations on the anniversary and the very well written thoughts.

Well Tom, it's been my pleasure, thanks to Rod. Congrats to you and many more to come.

Tom, congratulations on 10 years brother! You are one of the coolest dudes here... Like Kris, I have also been a dick, but i hope Kris and Michael forgive me...

I just had a year anniversary, and have 9 more to catch up to you.

Happy anniversary my friend. Being that we're on opposite coasts, without CP, we never would have met and shared many cigars & great times together...and forged a friendship that will last a lifetime.  :thumbs:

Tom%20amp%20I_zpsnhmmbly3.jpg

You are one of the best Tom. If you're not here, there's a good chance I'm not either. Congrats brother.

Happy anniversary, thanks for the contest. CP is a better place because of guys like you!

Congrats Tom, awesome prize pack! Has it really been 8 years since that herf (that went quick)?

insight said:
Congrats Tom, awesome prize pack! Has it really been 8 years since that herf (that went quick)?

Doesn't seem like eight years, does it..??  Oh, and you didn't pick a number..... :p

Though I've never met you, I find myself looking for your posts as a voice of wisdom and reason. Congratulations on the huge milestone!