• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The ACID reviews...

You two are a couple of sick masochistic BOTL, and the rest of us are loving it! :thumbs:

Looks like W.W.O.

So I'll be reviewing the next two cigars TODAY!

Be back in an hour or so.

Shawn

For some reason NorCal sent me a Kuba Kuba. Except for calling him a wino I thought I've been pretty nice to him overall and didn't deserve such treatment. This stick had the ability to infect my entire humi so I had to take extreme precautions in storing it. First I put it into a glass tube and sealed that. Then the tube went into a ziplock bag and then the whole shebang went into a ammo style storage box with a compression seal.

Feeling relatively safe I put the box in the back corner of the humi and did my best to forget about it. However, I was not going to be allowed to do that. A few times NorCal would ask about his stick like it was a 1970's Cuban Davidoff. Did you somke it? How was it? Why don't you do a review? etc etc. Each time I would fend off his request by saying I had something better to do like eat dirt or something. (NOT the "Dirt" cigar either).

Well the day finally arrived. The wife made her insidious chocolate raspberry coffee, the temp is over 50 and the sky is clear so let's just do this. My thought was the cigar could kill the coffee flavor or the coffee would kill the cigar flavor. Either way I wouldn't have to deal with a synergistic effect between the two.

Out to the porch with ammo box and cup in hand I sat down on the glider and proceeded to take out the Kuba Kuba. Finally getting down to the cello I slide the stick out and took a whiff. Yep, there is a tobacco odor in there........................after the dog crapped on it. I pulled out my trusty rusty cutter, the one I found on the floorboard of my car, and snipped off the cap. Only the finest for this review so out came my bic style lighter ($9 for 50 of them) and I toasted the foot. Odors of burning Hershey bar wrappers waifed up to my nose which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Now for the moment of truth, the first puff. What is this sugary crap they did to the end of the stick? ACK! Where's my coffee! Oh GOD! I was wrong the two are combining to turn into shit in my mouth. HELP PLEASE SOMEBODY!

After the initial shock I was able to pull myself together and march on. The stick had a good draw really but it was what you were drawing in that was nasty. Weeeeelll, maybe not the draw but the chemically flavored end was nasty, the smoke itself was OK. Overall it was a milder smoke that I could see would appeal to the infrequent cigar smoker who didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I did about 20 minutes with this before tossing it and have lived to tell the tale.

God help the person who sends me another, you will be placed high on the shit list.

For some reason NorCal sent me a Kuba Kuba. Except for calling him a wino I thought I've been pretty nice to him overall and didn't deserve such treatment. This stick had the ability to infect my entire humi so I had to take extreme precautions in storing it. First I put it into a glass tube and sealed that. Then the tube went into a ziplock bag and then the whole shebang went into a ammo style storage box with a compression seal.

Feeling relatively safe I put the box in the back corner of the humi and did my best to forget about it. However, I was not going to be allowed to do that. A few times NorCal would ask about his stick like it was a 1970's Cuban Davidoff. Did you somke it? How was it? Why don't you do a review? etc etc. Each time I would fend off his request by saying I had something better to do like eat dirt or something. (NOT the "Dirt" cigar either).

Well the day finally arrived. The wife made her insidious chocolate raspberry coffee, the temp is over 50 and the sky is clear so let's just do this. My thought was the cigar could kill the coffee flavor or the coffee would kill the cigar flavor. Either way I wouldn't have to deal with a synergistic effect between the two.

Out to the porch with ammo box and cup in hand I sat down on the glider and proceeded to take out the Kuba Kuba. Finally getting down to the cello I slide the stick out and took a whiff. Yep, there is a tobacco oder in there........................after the dog crapped on it I pulled out my trusty rusty cutter, the one I found on the floorboard of my car, and snipped off the cap. Only the finest for this review so out came my bic style lighter ($9 for 50 of them) and I toasted the foot. Odors of burning Hershey bar wrappers waifted up to my nose which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Now for the moment of truth, the first puff. What is this sugary crap they did to the end of the stick? ACK! Where's my coffee! Oh GOD! I was wrong the two are combining to turn into shit in my mouth. HELP PLEASE SOMEBODY!

After the initial shock I was able to pull myself together and march on. The stick had a good draw really but it was what you were drawing in that was nasty. Weeeeelll, maybe not the draw but the chemically flavored end was nasty, the smoke itself was OK. Overall it was a milder smoke that I could see would appeal to the infrequent cigar smoker who didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I did about 20 minutes with this before tossing it and have lived to tell the tale.

God help the person who sends me another, you will be placed high on the shit list.

:laugh:

THE GRAND FINALE!!!

Well I was going to just smoke the two ACIDS today, but once again I proved that with enough beer it is possible for a man to do anything...

So I FINISHED THE TIN!!!

1000843qc6.jpg

1) MING

The next biggest stick in the tin after the EOL, the ming is a jaw breaking ring size. Not sugar dipped.

4342i4z.jpg

Now I was thinking, with a name like MING it would be chock full of my favorite oriental spices, things like curry, coriander or saffron. But no. It tastes like Green Tea. No more no less. I like green tea and drink a lot of it every year, but I never thought I'd be smoking it. And its not a pleasant flavor to be inhaling.

Now a word regarding the ACID ash. All of the cigars have the loosest flakiest ash I've ever encountered. The type of ash that make you think "short filler" if your smoking a Cuban.

2s95btw.jpg

So when I reached the mid-point and this cigar had not changed taste one bit, I decided to grab the X-acto knife and cut it open.

2ugf2x0.jpg

Hmmm long filler, I was surprised to say the least. After cleaning the ashtray to make room I reached for the next victim.

2) Cold Tea Infusion

A long Churchill sized cigar with a silky yellow gold wrapper. Also sugar dipped unfortunately, since the cigar itself isn't too repulsive. Faint hints of Jasmin was the taste I received after I washed the sugar off.

42u0yo4.jpg

This is were I decided to go for broke and finish all of the cigars left in the ACID tin, so I went and grabbed a cold German beer out of the fridge.

2jg6w7s.jpg

The CTI isn't a bad cigar, I rate it 2nd behind the ATOM Maduro in smokability.

3) Toast This is a Toro sized cigar sporting a dark brown wrapper. Sugar Dipped.

2mpe8f8.jpg

2dhywx2.jpg

With a name like toast I had no idea what to expect... but what I received was burnt cherries. Not a nice taste. My beer drinking accelerated between puffs to get rid of the taste...

Continued in next post due to picture number restriction...

4) Acid 1 The cigar band says "Nicaragua, Japan and Africa" All I tasted was cess-pool.

2wp6r5w.jpg

This is a foul tasting piece of dung, so I popped another beer and got to smoking. If Tony could nub all those Moontrances well dammit so could I with these nasty mo-fos.

5) Blondie Little Petite Corona sized smoke with a pig-tail. Sugar dipped.

43ojnz8.jpg

303lilg.jpg

By now I had a good buzz going and the fact that the cigar tasted like my grandma's lilac room spray she used to use all the time when I was a kid, didn't phase me at all. Popped another dinkel beer and started inhaling.

FINISHED!!!!

4gih8jd.jpg

2a0gxt5.jpg

OK in closing, the only ACID I'd be willing to smoke again is the Atom Maduro. The rest of the cigars, including the Cold Tea Infusion are all over priced trash and not worth the time or money.

I'd like to thank OpusXKC for sending me the tin. I hope I did you proud you bastige! And you owe me!!! :sign:

Now excuse me while I go rinse my mouth out with the rest of the case... and then pass out. I hope I can get drunk enough to forget the horror I put myself through today.

Keeee-rist! One was bad enough but 4! You are a sick bastard Wurm and can play on my team anytime :laugh:

Keeee-rist! One was bad enough but 4! You are a sick bastard Wurm and can play on my team anytime :laugh:

lol :thumbs:

Time to go get another beer.... my wife is already pissed because I didn't do anything but smoke cigars and drink all day so no need for me to try to make her happy :p

*edit* and it was 5.... . <--- insert puke smilie here.

AVB, looks like someone really hates You if he sends an Acid :D

Shawn, I was waiting since your announcement at 10 in a morning for this review, and I get it, the giant Acid review with great photos! :D
I think You did it good way to smoke them all, You will not have any more wasted days for thos rockets.

Now, lets wait to see what Wilkey have to say :whistling:

:D :D :D

Shawn,

You have shamed me into smoking from the tin again. I did the Atom Maduro and the Kuba Kuba today. Reviews are forthcoming.

Wilkey

Two Kuba Kuba reviews in one day. You'd think it was popular of something. :whistling:

What on EARTH is going on here?

If any of you bastards even think of sending me an Acid, you may as well send it to

PO Box 351
Santo, TX 76472

and save me from having to put a new label on the box.

The name is PuroCat86 right?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh man do I have a hangover... and I don't think its from the beer. ???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: too friggen funny! I didn't send those Kuba Kuba's to Freebern, Atuck, Moki or AVB for no other reason than pure respect for their palates and extremely talented abilities at reviewing and documenting their experiences. CP is so very fortunate to have BOTL's with such refined palates and skills ..... I am personally thankful each and every day for being in the light of such BOTL's.

Brothers, Kuba Kuba to all!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:cool:

Oh man do I have a hangover... and I don't think its from the beer. ???

Well yeah...no telling what kind of crap they're infused with. :0

Also didn't you say there was an Extraordinary Larry in the tin? Did I miss the review on that one?

My smoking buddy here at work brought in some Kubba Kubbas to share.

I am hesitant to admit it, but I smoked one with him and I liked it. Not something I would run out and buy a box of, but for an every now and then kinda thing it would be alright.

My smoking buddy here at work brought in some Kubba Kubbas to share.

I am hesitant to admit it, but I smoked one with him and I liked it. Not something I would run out and buy a box of, but for an every now and then kinda thing it would be alright.

When I first started out, they were a nice change of pace (I only had about 4 from the same tin). I've gotten now to where anything with a sweetened wrapper is just plain nasty to me. But hey if you like 'em, smoke 'em up!

I'd like to thank OpusXKC for sending me the tin. I hope I did you proud you bastige! And you owe me!!! :sign:
I must say I am pleasantly amused. How you managed to smoke that many twisted sh1t sticks in one day is beyond me, but good job :laugh: . Things like these are the events that bring the community together. Nothing could be more entertaining than laughing at the follies of others :laugh: .

Thanks for all the reviews, they are all well done, and obviously as truthful as possible :thumbs:.

Oh, and by the way I don't owe you jack :laugh: :p !

-Tony

I smoked a Kuba Kuba tonight. My impression....not very impressed. I've had better and I've had worse. That sweet sugary taste was kind of irritating. But I smoked it all the way down. The aftertaste was pretty much washed away by a Corona solution swirled around and swallowed... :whistling:
Not gonna rush to do it but I can see myself smoking another one...someday...maybe...