• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

the "all my humidor (almost)" pass

psyktek said:
My P & T's for review:

Takes:
64. Cohiba Robusto
92. Hemmi WOAM
96. HDM Double Corona

Puts:
Fuente Don Carlos Doble Robusto
Fuente Anejo #50
Fuente Opus X
Ashton Cabinet #3
Trinidad Fundadores
Partagas Black Clasico

Box goes out today either with this lineup or something else if folks think this isn't fair.

Bob
:0 Wow.... Outstanding play bro...

Isnt fair!? ?? :D :D :p Dude, please join my next box pass!!! PLEASE!!!!

I'll make sure you're the last guy just before it comes home to me!! :D

:thumbs: Toaster

OK, goes out this afternoon.

Evan, HEADS UP!!! :sign: This mother is big and heavy. Had to take out some of the air bags to get it together.

DC# 01038555749262968532

Thanks for having me in this one! By the time it got to me the selection was overwhelming! :D

(Like that's a bad thing!) :thumbs:

Thanks for the fast turnaround psytek! ... and nice p/t!

Gonna have to make sure to put some salt down on the walkway so that the mailman won't slip on any ice and get crushed to death as he brings this box to the door... :)

That's a LOT of frickin cigars sitting in the box on my table. WOW.

P/T to be posted later today...

I figured I'd use this pass as a chance to try the CAO line since there was a nice selection:

Takes:
43: CAO Gold Dbl Corona
78: RyJ Petit Corona isom
82: CAO Crillo Conquistador
130: CAO MX2
145: CAO Brazilia Gol

Puts:
152: Aristoff Black Robusto Extra
153: Montecristo Afrique Uhuru
154: H. Upmann Cabinet Selection Robusto
155: St. Louis Rey Robusto
156: Oliva O Ole
157: Mantiquilla XXX
158: Montecristo #4 isom
159: Gurkha XO
Plus a little something in host box...

Bad news - 2 of the longest ISOMs (58 & 97) are very beat up along with the (gigantic) puros indios in the host box. The Monte A might be smokeable, but the Vegas Robaina is in really bad condition. I almost wept when I saw them. Whoever put the Cohiba Esplendido in there with the long piece of cedar was thinking - I'll either support the 2 that are beat up in a similar way with cardboard or put them into the host box with some packing material to prevent further damage.

I'll do what I can to make sure that everything is positioned with the most padding. I'll also see if I can find a new box or better bubble wrap.

Well...I found that 3 of the bags of air that were padding the cigars had popped. I've replaced the deflated packaging materials and individually wrapped each bag in bubble wrap (making sure the isom bag is in the middle of everything). The box should be in much better condition to make it home without any more problems.

I rebaggied the two damaged cigars into bags that were much larger. I put a piece of cardboard in with the Monte A and put it in the host box where it won't be able to move at all. The VR's wrapper just about completely flaked off when I was taking it out of it's baggie, so I just left it in the isom bag.

The box will head out to gunpowder right away tomorrow morning.

I am making a trip to CVS for some swishers to pad that box while I make my escape to unknown parts :D

Come to Papa :love:

Dispite it not being my fault, I felt really bad about passing the box with those damaged cigars. I got a friend who owed me to do me a favor and he managed to come up with a Cohiba Esplendido that I will use to replace the unsmokable Don Alejandro. I would have hated for Jolly to get his pass back and be disappointed that that happened.

Unfortunately, my friend couldn't get the cigar to me before the PO closed, so the pass hasn't been mailed. I figured that'd be an OK tradeoff for Jolly. For you, GunPowder, I've included a bag for you of some things that might make it easier to come up with your P/T and some of my favorites (it will make up for the wait).

Sorry for the delay you two. The box will go out Monday. :)

ooo cool beans. you didn't have to do that ivan! I put that cohiba esplendido with the cedar in it. it was 2 years old and well, it's one of the most counterfited smoke... you know, people want it and stuff. so i put the cedar i nthere so it could last longer. or something. i think that was the deal. anyways, moo.

gp, i got a pm for ya

Your item was accepted at 3:14 pm on February 09, 2004 in DULUTH, MN 55803. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Didn't show up today (Wed.). Hope to see it tomorrow. Duluth is near Eygpt ya know :D

Box is here. I unpacked it and placed the contents (bags and all) into my iglodor until I have time to work on it. I tucked them into bed and they are nice and comfy :D

FYI, Jolly is moving back to NY this weekend so considering the speed the USPS has been running lately, the upcoming weekend, and Monday being a holiday, Jolly said I should ship it out on Tuesday to the NY address.

Oh, by the way thank you Ivan37 and Jolly. And I feel for Jolly. If he smokes all of these he will surly die an early death of cancer. On the brighter side, if the power goes out in NY he will have plenty of kindling to keep warm :D

The wife and I spent some quality time together today working on my p/t. We also did an inventory. I am happy to report that the inventory on my webpage and the actualy Pass match 100%.

It was a nice experience looking at the different labels with the wife. The Pass is relatively dry. I put them in my igodor and it brought it down to 54% from 65%. I added 10ml to my beads and that brought them back up to 60% currently. There was plenty of moisture in the different bags but I believe with so many cigars it isn't circulating properly. Most seem in decent shape though and the weekend layoff till Tuesday due to the holiday will do them some good as I will not repack till Monday night.

By the way I am the last in line and I took a digital photo for the rest of you to see them. Will post it later.

I originally checked my proposed p/t with Phil (thanks) and CC(thanks) as well as others in the chat room. I have since adjusted them thanks to the gifts from ivsn37 (Thanks!) and have had moderator DaveWF review the amended list.

My proposed Takes and Puts are as follows.

PUTS:
160. HEM BTL
161. Playboy by Don Diago Double Corona
162. PAM 1964 Exclusivo
163. RyJ #3
164. CAO L' Anniversaire Churchill Maduro
165. CAO L' Anniversaire Churchill Maduro
166. HEM Signature (aged 4 years)
167. Monte #4 (ISOM)
168. Monte #4 (ISOM)

Takes:
138. HEM UTSM (thanks Phil)
52. A/F Don Carlos Belicoso (thanks Lumberg)
146. AF Don Carlos Double Robusto (thanks Psyktek)
120. Avo domaine #30
36. Ashton Cabinet Belicoso
139. AF Don Carlos #4 (thanks Phil)
108. Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
135. RyJ EXI #4 (ISOM) (thanks phil)
74. Upmann Amitistas 6x40 (ISOM)

Toaster,
Like your signature. New and last episodes comming soon.

Last call for comments on my P/T's. I need to get this thing boxed up and on its way to Jolly.