• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The best cigar week of my life

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
So, Friday was my 30th birthday. Scott (Gator) and I went over to our local shop and I had a 1970’s H.Upmann Petit Corona. 2nd one I smoke, just as amazing as the first. Smooth and tasty. Excellent draw. Tons and TONS!!!! of smoke. As with the first one, I am surprised at the volume of smoke this cigar is able to produce.

Saturday I was getting a haircut and while waiting outside I had a cigar my uncle in Cuba sent me with my father last time he went. It’s from June ’03. It’s an “El Credito” (No relation to the La Gloria company here in the states) which is a street ‘peso cigar’. At the time, one dollar was 25 pesos, therefore, this was a 4 cent cigar. Not as strong as when I first got them. Excellent smoke. Great flavor, smoother than when I first got them. I have a couple left which I will probably smoke soon, don’t think ageing will help them get any better than they are now. Wouldn’t want them to get to weak.

Sunday I had a pig roast at my fiancé’s house to celebrate my 30th birthday. Before everyone got there I enjoyed a Dunhill Atado from ’88. A different experience because of its size, 6 7/8 by 28. I thouroughly enjoyed it. Nice medium flavor. Amazing construction. Like the Upmann, I was surprised at the smoke I got out of this one.

After the pig, I enjoyed a Padron Serie 1926 no.9 Natural with a few of my buddies. This may have been the best cigar of the weekend from a construction standpoint. I’ve had this one for about a year and it smoked beautifully. Not as strong as some of the other Padrons I’ve had. It was just right. This cigar was perfect.

To finish up my fantastic cigar week and to celebrate closing on my first home, tonight I had a ’85 Davidoff Château Latour that was given to me by a great BOTL. Stronger than I expected from a 20 year old cigar. A very flavorful but not overbearing smoke. A couple of burn issues which I chalk up to it being windy outside. Overall, a memorable experience.

Knowing what I was smoking and taking into account their reputation and age, they would probably rank as follows:
1. Davidoff
2. Dunhill
3. H.Upmann
4. Padron
5. El Credito

If I was given these cigars unbanded I think I would have ranked them as follows:
1. Amazingly enough, Padron
2. Davidoff
3. H.Upmann (Tie)
3. Dunhill (Tie)
5. El Credito

He11 of a week their, we all should have one like that at some point. :thumbs:

wow! I see what you mean...it would be tough to beat a week like that.

and I'd bet the Padron family would be proud of your endorsement.

(I simply must break down and try the Serie 1926's in a natural wrapper!)

That is one hell of a line-up of cigars. Sounds like a fantastic week. I need to figure out how to have one of those.

Lots of smoke for a big mile marker in life. :thumbs:

very nice. I dont know what my ultimate quest for a smoke would be turn 25 in a couple weeks....probally just smoke a Padron or a Gold Medal if someone sends me one hahha :)

Very nice lineup of smokes. Congrats on your 30th. and I hope you have another week like you had in this post soon. Herf On!!!