• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Clock'idor project has begun

Bu11dog

I've finally got the project started. It will be interesting to see how long and how well it progress'.
I started by removing the pendulum and weights, took the chains out and then had to remove the beautiful sounding chimes (it didn't work and was too costly to repair). The glass has been sealed with silicone. Next I have to use a razor and clean up the extra silicone.

Today I bought about $50 worth of spanish cedar (kiln dried). Tomorrow I am hoping to get to a friends to get it cut to length. Those four pieces (varying lengths and such but basically 4" wide, 4' long) will be glued to the back of the clock.

More to come. I'll get better pics than I have up later.

Here's a quick pic of what I'm working with:
clock_front.jpg

That is going to look very nice, talk about a unique setup you have there.

Quick update, I got the wood cut today. Here are 3 pics...

This is the inside right now. Need to clean up the silicone on the seams.
PICT2158.jpg

This is the wood for the back, 1/8" stips that will be glued into place.
PICT2159.jpg

Shelf pieces that will have to be glued and nailed. I have to go get some little brass brads or something.
PICT2160.jpg

Looks like it is comming along well Kevin, can't wait to see the finished product filled with cigars.

This is a project I can't wait to see finished. Please post pictures during the progress if you get time.
Thanks and best of luck friend.

Shelf pieces that will have to be glued and nailed. I have to go get some little brass brads or something.
PICT2160.jpg

Ummm I blame my mother for this when I was growing up (She was a huge fan) ....but is that a Shirley Maclaine video on the far right? So lets see...Knife Fighting...Akido...Tae Bo....Shirley Maclaine (if I'm correct). Very diverse with the mind body and soul thing :).

I can't wait to see what this humidor will look like. I can't work with wood to save my life but seeing your project is motivating me to get started on a humidor of my own.

PICT2160.jpg

Ummm I blame my mother for this when I was growing up (She was a huge fan) ....but is that a Shirley Maclaine video on the far right? So lets see...Knife Fighting...Akido...Tae Bo....Shirley Maclaine (if I'm correct). Very diverse with the mind body and soul thing :).

I can't wait to see what this humidor will look like. I can't work with wood to save my life but seeing your project is motivating me to get started on a humidor of my own.

Ahahaha Good catch on the movies rp

PICT2160.jpg

OK. The suspense is killing me. What the heck is in that bottle? Anyone? Bueller?

PICT2160.jpg

OK. The suspense is killing me. What the heck is in that bottle? Anyone? Bueller?

Not sure but it looks toxic!

Can't wait to see how this comes out.

It looks like a great project. Only time will tell. :laugh: Good luck and keep the photos coming.

I know I alluded to doing that, but I could not bring myself to do anything but fully restore such a clock.

:laugh: I just caught the movies!!! That's what happens when you're married I guess. I have some educational martial arts stuff and she's got psychotic, Iiiiiiii mean psycho, no wait that's not it........ psychic, yeah that's what I meant;)

Bottle, bottle, what's in the bottle? ???

Wood glue of course ;)

Bruce, there's a lot of back story that is just family BS but I'm supposed to have my grandparents grandfather clock but due to me being me I was denied the clock by my so-called father. Maybe someday I'll have it and God willing it will still be working and in good shape. There's is way, way nicer than this one! I really miss my grandpa now that I just wrote that.

Now, quick update, glued the back panel on. No pics as it's laying down drying.
Here's a pic of what the shelves will look like. I have two right now to assemble but I'm thinking about three. Not sure we'll see how much room they take up. I have a third shelf that will have a different construction so that I could put boxes on it, assuming I buy boxes of cigars someday.

PICT2168.jpg