• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Clock'idor project has begun

PICT2168.jpg

Do you have purple carpets? :cool:

Look more Plum to me! :laugh: Lets see Plum Carpet Psycho Babble Videos, And a Clock turned into a Humi your man cave is going to be
QF0100~Fabulous-Queer-as-Folk-Posters.jpg

J O K E I N G

Hey, who gave you that pic of me;) I swear it was a one night thing ;) :whistling:

Not much going on, this is a work when I have 15 minute's thing. A 5 and 7 year old will do that to you.
I have the back pieces on, the pics are of the top just below the clock, that is going to have cedar over it. Those pieces are being glued together right now. The other pic is the bottom. I'm debating about wether or not to do anything with the part shown. The front part you can't see is going to need some cedar to keep the wood work sealed better than it is right now.

Before this goes any further let me make clear I know next to nothing about wood working and am not trying to make this thing a total work of art. My goal is to make it look as pleasing to the eye's as my limited skills and knowledge can while making it as functional as possible. That said I think it's coming along better than I personally expected!

PICT2169.jpg

PICT2170.jpg

Looks very good so far.

Purple carpet, pink excersise ball...admit it, its you in that pic up top!

Top is glued up and siliconed. Tomorrow it's time to start on the two shelves.
I took a quick pic with a CD on it to show the size comparison for you.

PICT2171.jpg

I think Ryan said this was his favorite CD of all time :whistling:

PICT2171.jpg

Ahahahahaha OMG that made me spit soda all over my laptop that is funny shit. And I am sorry that is not my Favorite band I was always a Wham fan rp

I built 2 trays but have to buy more wood and build 2 more after seeing how much room is left. I just ordered a pound of 70% heartfelt beads. I'm gonna have to start hawking some stuff to help fund this and the cigars! I'm really only in at about $130 right now with everything, not bad as it's been a little here and a little there. Surprising how fast it adds up though.

Kevin nice project! Be sure to put a piece of wood to block off the clock chamber at the top of the humi. If not the guts will rust. You can substitute an in inexpensive clock mechanism behind the face so it still tells time, just make sure you'll have access to change the battery. It'll look even better with a functioning clock IMHO.
Nice work so far for a non-woodworker. :)

I am, however, more than a little disturbed by the MV CD. :laugh:

The project it looking good Kevin. LOL at the Milli Vanilli cd.
That is gonna be the sweetest humidor ever.
Good luck with the rest of the build and have a great weekend.

PICT2171.jpg

Dare I inquire as to why you even have that CD ? ;) ;)

Man it was the 80's and the girls were hot, what's a guy to do, if they like no talent hacks, I was happy to put on for them ;) . I figure ebay in a decade or so will be profitable :blush:

Man it was the 80's and the girls were hot, what's a guy to do, if they like no talent hacks, I was happy to put on for them ;) . I figure ebay in a decade or so will be profitable :blush:
It's okay Kevin... Just blame it on the rain. :laugh:

Okay quick update, bought what is hopefully the last of the cedar I need yesterday. The big thing right now is cleaning up the silicone caulk it comes off harder than it goes on. The top is sealed off with cedar, I'll get pics of that up later. I'll have 4 of the shelves once done! It will be very empty looking but hopefully very cool looking!!

This threads getting too "foofy," what with Ryan and his love of Wham, Milli Vanilli, and the color purple!!! Dammit! :laugh:

Hey Bu11, I found this linky for you, wondered if you could use it. I'll definitely be using it for my next coolidor project coming up when I gets ma cabbage!

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=680

Ya can't beat $6 bones a square, especially if Lowes is charging $15! Good luck, and can't wait to see it finished and filled up! :thumbs:

This threads getting too "foofy," what with Ryan and his love of Wham, Milli Vanilli, and the color purple!!! Dammit! :laugh:

Hey Bu11, I found this linky for you, wondered if you could use it. I'll definitely be using it for my next coolidor project coming up when I gets ma cabbage!

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=680

Ya can't beat $6 bones a square, especially if Lowes is charging $15! Good luck, and can't wait to see it finished and filled up! :thumbs:

Thanks, we have a woodworking place near my house that I get 1/4"x 4" x 36" for $5! Not bad after I looked around. I used 1/8" on the backing you will see in the pic, that was a bit cheaper than the 1/4".

I'm getting really excited now that I can see this coming together. The kicker is going to be when the beads arrive, I hope it's ready for them when they do show up!!!!!!!!!!