• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Clock'idor project has begun

the ones on the top row left is like the one you sent me I dont know who makes them but they are freaking awesome rp

Looks great, however I think having the digital hygrometer where it is takes a bit a away from the visual appeal of what is a nice wood cabinet. Have you considered using remote sensors that just send the info to an external receiver with a display? This is what I use so I can tell the humidity inside a humidor without opening it (no glass on it). This honeywell unit can read three sensors at a time too, seems perfect for you.

Looks great, however I think having the digital hygrometer where it is takes a bit a away from the visual appeal of what is a nice wood cabinet. Have you considered using remote sensors that just send the info to an external receiver with a display? This is what I use so I can tell the humidity inside a humidor without opening it (no glass on it). This honeywell unit can read three sensors at a time too, seems perfect for you.

I like that idea and need to check into it. I also really want to get the clock working so it tells time again. I just figured out the calibration on all 4 of those and now I see that it is holding a VERY steady RH and I fell much better about the way it came together. It's hovering around 64-66% and I'm hoping to drop it a few more %% and then let it stay there. The smokes should be much better now that I know it's where I wanted it to be.
I am however out of room and had to buy tupperware for my box of Padron 2000 maddies :(

I am simply in awe. Outstanding job, soldier.
Please tell me there is 0% chance of your basement flooding and ruining your masterpiece?

I am simply in awe. Outstanding job, soldier.
Please tell me there is 0% chance of your basement flooding and ruining your masterpiece?

If we flood then I better have an ark ready, seriously, no worries of flooding though, at least not where it's at. The temp runs around 65 degrees year round and I have the RH stabilized around 65 give or take.

I have some questions.  It is still functioning great but I had an electric humidifier from CI that had the nasty green stuff in it and it molded so I removed it and just used distilled water.  Worked great until my son knocked it off a pedastel while I was doing some maintenance on the humidor.  It promptly overheated and caught fire.
So I went back to just using beads.  Not the best choice, I can't keep the humidity stabilized as well.  I bought several of the boveda packs and have a couple (72's) on each shelf.  I clearly need to find a better way to seal the door because it just won't stabilze.  There is such a fine line between too thick of a sealant and too thin that I either can't get the door to shut of it isn't shut enough.
I'll put pics up again but maybe someone has an idea I don't?

Also at some point this year I want to make the clock work by adding one of those battery powered clock things (I know it's a highly technical term).

Awesome project, Kevin.  Most of the image links seem to no longer be working (at least for me).  Any recent pics?
Cheers,
Vaughn

I'll get some tonight. Still lurking around all the hardware stores for that perfect sealer material.

SeaLawyer said:
Do you mean to seal the door?  This is what I'll be using.  And rare earth magnets.
That is exactly what I need!!!  Thanks!!!  I'll try to get a few picks up tonight of the current set-up

Great!  Happy to help.  I looked on SO many websites for exactly that material and couldn't find it.  Everything was either too wide, too thick, or the wrong color.  I finally checked eBay out of desperation and there it was...