• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Clock'idor project has begun

I've been looking at the back of the clock and there's just so much intricut work back there that I'm having a hard time taking it out. I think I'm over that but we are in snow storm mode at work so maybe over Christmas I'll take a look at it, unless of course I'm at work fighting snow! Hopefully once everything is out of the way I can get the clock working with some simple mechanism like in the cheapo wal-mart wall clock's.
I'm also having to tweak the door on the humi as winter has been harsh on the humidity levels. All in all though this was a very fun project!

After a couple months now I'm happy to report that I have figured out the humidity. The bottom shelf is always the highest running 70-75%, I have a fan when it gets up that high and in a couple hours it brings it back down. The other shelves all run in the mid to upper 60's!!!!!!!!
I have one more hygrometer to get and I have this idea for my beads that I'll post once I make the prototype of it. It should dramatically increase the surface area exposed while creating more space than the current bowl type things take up.

After a couple months now I'm happy to report that I have figured out the humidity. The bottom shelf is always the highest running 70-75%, I have a fan when it gets up that high and in a couple hours it brings it back down. The other shelves all run in the mid to upper 60's!!!!!!!!
I have one more hygrometer to get and I have this idea for my beads that I'll post once I make the prototype of it. It should dramatically increase the surface area exposed while creating more space than the current bowl type things take up.

I just read through this thread, and I am extremely impressed! The craftsmanship is superb, finish is awesome, and the overall presentation is something I envy to the highest level. Thank you for sharing this project!

New pics. The beads are in a constant state of change. I have an idea on the end result for the beads but need to take time to make the bead holders. For now this keeps the humidity up where it should be.

PICT2263.jpg

PICT2264.jpg

PICT2265.jpg

PICT2267.jpg

PICT2268.jpg

Great Idea and wonderful execution. Being a newbie I have what maybe a stupid ?

Some of the sticks look like they have hand made bands on them. Is that factory or is that a method you developed to help keep track of the sticks. That is what I am struggling with is keeping track of what the different sticks are made of and strength. I buy things and put in humi then a few weeks later I can not remember much about it. maybe just an old age thing.

Again great project.

What new pics of the Clockodor and No Milli Vanilli CD's or Shirley McClain I am disappointed! rp

Eldorado, the additional bands are blanks that you can write on to put further info on. Those sticks are from a bomb by someone named Whopper :whistling: someday he will get some serious payback!!! That was the largest bomb ever. I've PIF'd a bunch, smoked some and still have some!

RP, I have to get more pics, did some re-organizing after a bead spill;)

Looks good can't wait to se the result :)

DUH....

I only missed about 7 pages of posts.

Bright as a button me....

On the plus side though.... I get to see the end result straight away :)

lol... will the cigars and "music" start to blend tastes now? That should be interesting.