• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sig VI I've got are from '05. If I had one older, it'd be yours brotha!

Greg, it's almost 2009! 2005 is fantastic if you're willing :love: :love:.

Well then...I gotcha (hope ya don't mind it being an A/T from '05 :) ). I gotcha on the Casa Fuente Beli and Don Carlos DR too, but the DC is from '07. Howsat work for ya? :D Guess I might as well throw a couple crusty Cubans in to fill up the five fingers. I'll get it out Monday since the PO's closed already today.

As for my wish...I'd really like to try a 1492. Yes, huge longshot but never hurts to try! :blush: I'd also go for a Dunhill or Davidoff (any).

I got you with this wish, but you will just have to wait and see what you get :). I will provide my request later. Happy Holidays everyone!!

Jim

Jim that is very generous. What is your wish?

Ed
Anyone who gifted a a Sig VI and is then is asking for a 1492 doesn't have a F@$#in clue what he is asking for. ...

Ok now Im missing something :blush:

Anyone who gifted a a Sig VI and is then is asking for a 1492 doesn't have a F@$#in clue what he is asking for. ...

I have to agree with Cory here. Evan on wishing for a Dunhill or Davidoff after granting a Sig VI.

Its very generous of Jim to take care of one of these.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't that why it's called Make-A-"Wish" ? This isn't called the Make-A-"MehI'veSmokedIt100Times". He even claimed it was a ridiculous longshot. Let the man dream. Generosity is the name of the game.

Edit: And if I had to wager, I'm guessing Jim isn't sitting on a 5er of 1492's.

5. Generally speaking, it's in poor taste to ask for something ultra rare and expensive when you've granted a wish for something much more modest. Sometimes you might get lucky but you don't want to hold up the thread for challenging wishes although there is no limit to what you may wish for.

I agree it is a MAW thread however look at rule #5 I have quoted it for you... All that was stated was that it was poor form.. Keep in mind that the 1492 is a cigar that is around $600 a stick if you can even find one for sale and Dunhills run between 100-350 a stick. Davidoffs run between 75-250.

A Sig VI is about 25-35

No one was commenting on rather Greg deserved it or Jim shouldn't have Granted it. Jim is incredibly generous and has once again shown that here.

5. Generally speaking, it's in poor taste to ask for something ultra rare and expensive when you've granted a wish for something much more modest. Sometimes you might get lucky but you don't want to hold up the thread for challenging wishes although there is no limit to what you may wish for.
Emphasis mine.

The point is that while just hopping into the MaW-PIF for the first time and asking for a 1492 or Don Candido could be rightfully considered gauche, I believe Greg has made and successfully fulfilled several wishes in this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have not not kept count of players' participation but that is a factor. Greg is also not an untested, unknown newbie. He participates and has contributed a fantastic body of cigar reviews. That is also a factor.

So my opinion, not the ruling, is that he's fine for asking. We've discussed the mismatch situation before in the past and at least as far as I'm concerned, this is permissible and in the spirit of the MaW-PIF.

Wilkey

I hear ya, Josh, and I understand where you're coming from. I didn't mean to offend you. The 1492 I believe was more of a "ya right" from Greg.

Greg only had to give one stick, but:

hope ya don't mind (the Sig VI) being an A/T from '05
I gotcha on the Casa Fuente Beli
and (AF) Don Carlos DR (EdA) too
Guess I might as well throw a couple crusty Cubans in to fill up the five fingers.

I easily see $100+ there.

P.S. For that $600, does the 1492 do the dishes and clean the house?

Edit: And as far as that goes, does it uhh... come with a BJ? Cause for $600, it had better be better than sex.

Well then...I gotcha (hope ya don't mind it being an A/T from '05 :) ). I gotcha on the Casa Fuente Beli and Don Carlos DR too, but the DC is from '07. Howsat work for ya? :D Guess I might as well throw a couple crusty Cubans in to fill up the five fingers. I'll get it out Monday since the PO's closed already today.

As for my wish...I'd really like to try a 1492. Yes, huge longshot but never hurts to try! :blush: I'd also go for a Dunhill or Davidoff (any).

Good luck! :)

I agree it is a MAW thread however look at rule #5 I have quoted it for you... All that was stated was that it was poor form.. Keep in mind that the 1492 is a cigar that is around $600 a stick if you can even find one for sale and Dunhills run between 100-350 a stick. Davidoffs run between 75-250.

Those prices are correct (though actually a bit low on the high end for the Dunhills); the range for the Dunhills and Davidoffs is because there are a number of vitolas in these no longer produced cigars, some of which are less expensive (example, Dunhill Atados) than others.

Emphasis mine.

The point is that while just hopping into the MaW-PIF for the first time and asking for a 1492 or Don Candido could be rightfully considered gauche, I believe Greg has made and successfully fulfilled several wishes in this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have not not kept count of players' participation but that is a factor. Greg is also not an untested, unknown newbie. He participates and has contributed a fantastic body of cigar reviews. That is also a factor.

So my opinion, not the ruling, is that he's fine for asking. We've discussed the mismatch situation before in the past and at least as far as I'm concerned, this is permissible and in the spirit of the MaW-PIF.

Wilkey

This is exactly why I am offering to fill this wish. Greg IMHO is worthy of having his wish granted!! He spends alot of time offering information (his reviews) that I find helpful.

Jim

Ok, so now that Señor Presidente and Sensei Wilkey are here, I wanna know if in fact the 1492 includes oral. If so, sign me up for two and where does the line end.

Wow. My 3,000th post is of me trying to defend myself? Nah, I'm not going to get into all that. I know who I am, and I know what I'm about and it's definitely not trying to take advantage of anyone here. If that's what you believe, then so be it. I will say that what I'm sending is worth a lot more than $25 to $30 dollars.

Thanks to those that said kind words. I do appreciate it very much!

Wow. My 3,000th post is of me trying to defend myself? Nah, I'm not going to get into all that. I know who I am, and I know what I'm about and it's definitely not trying to take advantage of anyone here. If that's what you believe, then so be it. I will say that what I'm sending is worth a lot more than $25 to $30 dollars.

I don't mind that you asked for what you're wishing to have, nor do I think you're trying to take advantage of anyone... I'm just saying that it's a pretty tall order to get filled. If anything, someone will most likely be able to help you out with the Cuban Davidoff; of all of the cigars you asked for, they are the most plentiful.

No one was attacking you Greg, I even stated that it wasn't an issue of whether you deserve it or not. Everyone knows what you have and continue to contribute to this community. Mine was merely about the president being set for some people who might read what has happened with some of these high end wishes being filled or asked for after more common less expensive cigars being gifted.

It is my understanding that although the MAW-PIF is about making a wish that when some of the newer members see things like this happening where cigars are being asked for more than the one gifted it can lead to this getting out of hand fast. I have actually seen this happen with greater frequency recently where a $5-10 cigar is granted and people wish for the stars ie cuban davidoff, opus maduro, OR anejo, and the likes.

I am glad your wish got granted as quick as it did and we can move forward as soon as Jim decides what he would like for his wish. Then again what does a guy who has these kind of cigars to give up wish for???? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

No one was attacking you Greg, I even stated that it wasn't an issue of whether you deserve it or not. Everyone knows what you have and continue to contribute to this community. Mine was merely about the president being set for some people who might read what has happened with some of these high end wishes being filled or asked for after more common less expensive cigars being gifted.

It is my understanding that although the MAW-PIF is about making a wish that when some of the newer members see things like this happening where cigars are being asked for more than the one gifted it can lead to this getting out of hand fast. I have actually seen this happen with greater frequency recently where a $5-10 cigar is granted and people wish for the stars ie cuban davidoff, opus maduro, OR anejo, and the likes.

I am glad your wish got granted as quick as it did and we can move forward as soon as Jim decides what he would like for his wish. Then again what does a guy who has these kind of cigars to give up wish for???? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I think it is gonna be more of a "I'm in the mood of..." instead of "I've always wanted to try..." I am kind of intrigued on what he will ask for?

Ed

Joe....Dude....Thank you...I'm speechless. You went way too far above and beyond.

I mean, seriously, dude...there's generous, and then there's you...

Whoa.

Trey

I don't mind that you asked for what you're wishing to have, nor do I think you're trying to take advantage of anyone... I'm just saying that it's a pretty tall order to get filled. If anything, someone will most likely be able to help you out with the Cuban Davidoff; of all of the cigars you asked for, they are the most plentiful.

I guess Greg will just have to wait and see :whistling:.

Jim

Funny you should say this!! I did this exact thing when this thread started. I think I gifted a Monte #2 or Cohiba Maduro and asked for some rediculous sticks you listed above. I was reminded very quickly that things do not work that way!! Actually I won't be wishing for anything I will be passing my wish to Phil (insight). I will PM him to let him know.

Jim

They are indeed the most plentiful, but I do not think this thread is about supply :).

Jim

Greg, for some reason your request just struck me as really whacked. I'm not questioning your character previously on here or whether or not you deserve what you wished for. It just struck me as extremely naive. Not like it is something you have sought after for months and months and can never quite find one, but rather, I just heard of this really cool thing ... I want one too. ... Sorry if I offended. I probably should have just bit my tongue and let it play out.

Joe....Dude....Thank you...I'm speechless. You went way too far above and beyond.

I mean, seriously, dude...there's generous, and then there's you...

Whoa.

Trey

Hey man, I'm just glad it finally landed, the DC# is still not updated, but as long as you got it all is well. If you have any questions about the sticks feel free to PM me.

Thanks Jim, very generous of you to pass your wish along after granting such a biggie! I will get some wishes up in the morning, I am fighting off a sinus infection right now and can't think for shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.