• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wishlist :laugh:

Edmondo Dantes 109, PL Magnificos, Opus Maduro, Anejo Lancero.

8710cb25b0d7186d9f36c3c04dd87c6d.jpg

Oh - I believe I have your PLM....so...

Ok, you asked for it.........a Behike, an Anejo 'A', an Anejo Lancero, 858 Rosado, Rosado Chili Pepper.

Just kidding!

Guys,

This PIF is just getting underway and until it is rolling, maybe, just maybe we ought to make more "doable" wishes. Otherwise as I've seen on other boards, the PIF just grinds to a halt, people get disaffected, and the spirit of the PIF suffers. I just want folks to think about that and to share their thoughts on it. The spirit of the pass is that there is no limit to what one might ask for, but at least in the beginning, we'll be attempting to balance forward momentum and the nature of the requests.

I'm ok with how the community wants to run it and I put it out there for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone.

Wilkey

Guys,

This PIF is just getting underway and until it is rolling, maybe, just maybe we ought to make more "doable" wishes. Otherwise as I've seen on other boards, the PIF just grinds to a halt, people get disaffected, and the spirit of the PIF suffers. I just want folks to think about that and to share their thoughts on it. The spirit of the pass is that there is no limit to what one might ask for, but at least in the beginning, we'll be attempting to balance forward momentum and the nature of the requests.

I'm ok with how the community wants to run it and I put it out there for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone.

Wilkey

:thumbs:

Couldn't agree more. We all have those "holy grail" cigars we want to be knocked off our list, but this really isn't the avenue for that imo. It goes best when it is something somewhat available or that a lot of people have. Oh, and great idea thinking of this Wilkey!

I tend to agree, Mike. For the really and truly HTF's, an ISO in the B/S/T forum is perhaps more appropriate. In that forum, the request would stand on its own and there really wouldn't be an expectation of rapid turnaround.

But then again, who knows? My expectation is that after this PIF has run a few cycles, we'll see that the nature of the cigars requested oscillates. Sometimes we'll have some everyday smokes and sometimes we might have a few tough cookies in a row. That would be a natural variation that will emerge over time. I've seen that the nature of the MAWPIF reflects, on a smaller scale, the nature of the community in general.

As I said, it's always going to be a balance between momentum (of the PIF) and magnitude (of the wish).

Thanks for your thoughts.

I wanted to add that I wouldn't want to see the excitement of wishing for an occasional special cigar be squelched. But multiple HTFs right in a row would definitely dampen group enthusiasm and I don't think that would be ideal.

Wilkey

I should add that this is something I learned by experience. On another forum where I first got involved in a MaW, my first wish on the first page of the PIF thread was a Cuban Partagas 150 or 155. Damn, what was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Wilkey

Ok,

Tigger has PM'd me that he will grant Marc's wish for an ED 109. He'll be back in about an hour to post his wish and he's let me know that it will be a modest one.

Thank you, Tim! :thumbs:

Looks like the PIF is gonna roll again. :cool:

Wilkey

I should add that this is something I learned by experience. On another forum where I first got involved in a MaW, my first wish on the first page of the PIF thread was a Cuban Partagas 150 or 155. Damn, what was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Wilkey

Lol! I remember that, although I don't think it had the same anti-climatic effect as did Gary's!

Nice job by the way Tim....maybe I can get Marc to let me puff on that ED 109 :whistling:

Tigger. No need to send the cigar. I give my spot to the next person who asks for a wish.
He hasn't posted on the thread, so it isn't set in stone.

Gary’s wish will go out tomorrow.

I’ve been in the wish-PIF on ICC too and I have some similar ideas, but keep this in mind. It’s a wish. If it isn’t granted in a timely manner, then it’s up to the individual to change it to a more reasonable request that may or may not be fulfilled.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and favor momentuem over what someone really wants to try. Keep in mind that members have done everything from granting multiple wishes to giving their wish away and asking for something modest after granting a big wish all in the same day.

I hear you Marc. Good points there.

Gary has asked that I add something to the opening post about HTF's but in the long run, I don't think that another rule about that will be needed. This hews closer to the true wish ideal. My comments regarding momentum have to do specifically with the kickoff of the PIF.

I have confidence in my fellow community members and I know that this PIF, should it turn out to be a good idea, will find its own character, particular to CigarPass and reflective of the individuals here.

In other words, it's all good. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Tigger. No need to send the cigar. I give my spot to the next person who asks for a wish.
He hasn't posted on the thread, so it isn't set in stone.

Gary’s wish will go out tomorrow.

I’ve been in the wish-PIF on ICC too and I have some similar ideas, but keep this in mind. It’s a wish. If it isn’t granted in a timely manner, then it’s up to the individual to change it to a more reasonable request that may or may not be fulfilled.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and favor momentuem over what someone really wants to try. Keep in mind that members have done everything from granting multiple wishes to giving their wish away and asking for something modest after granting a big wish all in the same day.

I tend to agree here. As long as the PIF is moving and people are willing to, every once in a while, grant a wish for a HTF and ask for a not so HTF, then I think this will continue and everyone will be made happy. So far that looks to be the case... I would suggest maybe a time limit for a wish to be granted before it gets revamped...maybe 24 or 36 hours? Just my $.02!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back