• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a lot of fun!

I had to go back and read the rules and make sure I wasn't stepping on any toes!

Rob,
I have a Black Tat on it's way!

Dean,

You're over the top!!! :thumbs:

I received your package today. Very, very nice! Those are hitchhikers I'd pick up any day of the week...twice on Sunday! :laugh:

Thank you!

Rob

Glad to hear it!

Enjoy brother! :D

Gator, or someone that knows his addy, PM me please

Tim

Oh let's see...

How about either a Mag 50, Avo 22, Opus lancero or Siglo V

Pm sent, and thank you Tim! You're up, what'll it be?

(ps, hope your Mom is doing well)

Frank, Gonz is up, he fulfilled MX's wish, I know this thread is moving a little to fast for you, but you have to stay up to date to participate :sign: :laugh:

Oh let's see...

Got ya on the Opus Lancero...

How 'bout a Padron, preferably 64 or 26 (but not necessary) w/ some age.

Oh let's see...

Let me know which two you would like or if you want I could give you the AVO 22 in both versions????

I got you on the monte #2 and the PSD #4. PM me your info and I will get them out to you later this week.

Jim

Edit: To ask if the addy in your profile is current?

I would request a BBMF be sent to Local669 for my wish.

Jim

Jim
Nice of you to offer up your wish to Mark, but A Monte 2 and a PSD4 for a BBMF? You're in essence trading 2 easily obtainables that equal ~ $18 for a HTF Opus?? I thought you've already been through this before...I know, I know, it's going to someone else, but that's not the point. If you want someone to put up a HTF (even if it is for someone else) , then I imagine you'd need to trade off one too. JMO though

It ain't no biggie, someone can surprise me. No midgets please, my dungeon is slap full.

DC# 0483 5970 0210 5800 2460

Headed your way Frank

I sent a package to br174, and to garvey. Gonz's will go out manyana. I could dc #'s if i had too, but i'm too damn lazy

Jim
Nice of you to offer up your wish to Mark, but A Monte 2 and a PSD4 for a BBMF? You're in essence trading 2 easily obtainables that equal ~ $18 for a HTF Opus?? I thought you've already been through this before...I know, I know, it's going to someone else, but that's not the point. If you want someone to put up a HTF (even if it is for someone else) , then I imagine you'd need to trade off one too. JMO though
This is a point of discussion and perhaps there is no straightforward answer. To quote from the opening post , Rule #5:
5. Generally speaking, it's in poor taste to ask for something ultra rare and expensive when you've granted a wish for something much more modest. Sometimes you might get lucky but you don't want to hold up the thread for challenging wishes although there is no limit to what you may wish for.
As you pointed out, Brian, this grant/wish pair is complicated by two factors, an apparent breach of Rule #5 on value and a counter move involving an exercise of generosity.

This is PIF is not exactly a Pass and so no explicit "equal value" requirement exists. Because it is a PIF, I believe it's reasonable to allow some flex so that over the course of a half-dozen or dozen cycles, cigar values can migrate allowing those with more modest capabilities to play along side those with more expensive tastes. Does this mean a "two-cheap = one expensive" allowance is permissible? I'm not so sure but I don't think so.

IMO, the granter is required to grant only one cigar on the wish list. That many have chosen to grant several or all on a wisher's list is their prerogative but is not and should not become the standard. It should not become the expectation.

In this case, I believe that the value of the more expensive of the two sticks be taken as the guide value of the wish granted. On this basis it would be about $10 for the MC2.

Now, if S13 had asked for a BBMF for himself, I think one might be justified in calling a "poor play." Since he transferred the wish to another specific individual, does that outweigh the uneven pairing? I don't think so. I m thinking in terms of potential abuse of the system. If this were allowed, then it is not unreasonable to conceive of a case where two or more players collude or scheme to get HTF or expensive cigars directed to each other. I am not insinuating that is the case here at all but am presenting a hypothetical "what if" to plug any potential loop holes or assaults on the integrity and goodwill of this PIF.

These are just my thoughts and I have not been keeping a close eye on things but this one seems like an important issue to be resolved. Please share your ideas and criticisms. It would be especially helpful if in making a point, you could point to a specific grant/wish pair as a concrete example.

Wilkey

Man I cannot win for losin on this deal, boy!! Will I ever get it? Who nows, but you know what I will keep trying ;).

Jim

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have something in the rules about how many grants/wishes can be done by one person at a given time? Maybe, if you've just granted and made a wish, give others that haven't granted a wish a chance to do so? It's great to be able to grant wish after wish (and pass it on of course). However, it just seems more fun to have a lot of different people playing in this.

JM.02

Watching this progress has been fun but I just think it's just a matter of being fair on both the wishes & grants. (taking into consideration the rarity and value). It will make this go alot smoother. Once that is agreed and established it will hopefully get more interaction, especially with the newer guys. Not sure if it's me but I'm starting to see alot more of the same names. Plus it's nice to see people passing there wishes but honestly if you don't want the wish, don't fulfill a grant. Let others play. ;) mmmmmmmK? :D

Game On!

edit: I just wanted to add that I was not directing my reply to any certain individuals. In all honestly, it was just based on things I've seen the past few days. I think it's a great idea and so far it looks to be going quite well considering a few bumps.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have something in the rules about how many grants/wishes can be done by one person at a given time? Maybe, if you've just granted and made a wish, give others that haven't granted a wish a chance to do so? It's great to be able to grant wish after wish (and pass it on of course). However, it just seems more fun to have a lot of different people playing in this.

JM.02

IMMHO.....I think that is an excellent point Greg. Furthermore, why should it even need to be a rule? It should just be a matter of courtesy. If you've already participated and there are a few thousand members here that haven't yet but would like to, fall back for a few. If you see someone has a wish that no one was able to grant in a day or so, then maybe step up. But besides that give everyone else a chance to play. I've been waiting to grant someone's wish, but honestly, I can't step up, YET! In addition I thought this was supposed to be about wishing for a cigar or cigars that YOU want. I'm speaking purely in general terms here but.... if one feels that an individual should have a particular cigar, then that individual should work to obtain that cigar and then bomb. I mean isn't that one of the reasons we have bombs..... so that you can gift an individual a cigar or cigars(or other items) that they want or that you feel they should have. While I believe Steps request is admirable, I believe we should stick to our own personal wishes, lest we really begin to overcomplicate the innate simplicity of a very well intentioned idea. Just my humble .02

JM.02

:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.