• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Make-a-Wish PIF Thread

Ooooookie, let's see... Some different ones that have piqued my interest semi-lately:

-Leaf by Oscar
-Any previous year's "Las Calaveras" by Crowned Heads (I liked the 2021, but interested to try previous releases)
-Any non-Blue (Original) Don Pepín cigars
-Jeremy Piven Signature cigar
-Any Archetype OTHER THAN the Axis Mundi, Crystals, or Sage Advice
-Illusione Haut 10
-Anything by Warped
-Anything Diamond Crown
-Anything Rojas OTHER THAN Street Tacos

That should hopefully be broad enough to give someone something to go on. The Leaf, Las Calaveras, and Piven are my top three that I really want to try, but would be extremely happy with anything here. Thanks, in advance!

I'm going to step out of this one, for... reasons, and pass my wish along.

@IngloriousBasterd -- You are up, my dude. You've been a great new addition to this CigarP Ass family. Let the masses know what you would like to have the chance to smoke, and hopefully someone will be able to fulfill your wish. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I'm going to step out of this one, for... reasons, and pass my wish along.

@IngloriousBasterd -- You are up, my dude. You've been a great new addition to this CigarP Ass family. Let the masses know what you would like to have the chance to smoke, and hopefully someone will be able to fulfill your wish. Enjoy.
Wow I really appreciate you thinking of me and I have had a lot of fun here. I am honored that you would pass your wish to me that is amazing brother. Im not even sure what I would wish for. Thank you so much I don’t even feel I deserve this

I can’t think of any specific sticks I have been wanting to try as I’m just really getting into cigars this hard core. Before it was like a once a month once every 2 months thing and smoke something that I have heard of or looked good. So I guess I’ll just say I don’t like the light wrappers but I like habanos. And I don’t like the thick or skinny gauge cigars either. Other than that I’m down to try anything.

I can’t think of any specific sticks I have been wanting to try as I’m just really getting into cigars this hard core.

Corey, you're a good dude. All ya gotta do now is smoke 'em buddy. Well... and wait a couple days. 👍

Dear CigarPass Members,

We've got a Wish List thread and we've got a PIF pass but I've recently learned of a concept that combines bits of the best of both ideas. Roll with me here and let me know what you think.

The Wish List has been a place where folks can let the community know what cigars they've always wanted to try. Of course, the other place one can do this is in one's personal profile. Problem is, you have to either look up a profile or search the Wish List thread, which is not an easy thing to do. Also, you never really know when someone is going to decide to fulfill a wish of yours. As a result, I haven't kept my wish list up to date and maybe some of you haven't either.

The PIF pass is cool in that it's a pure mooch-PIF concept. But you get what your benefactor decides to send and not necessarily something you've had a hankering for. Still, the element of surprise makes this a lot of fun.

So, take the elements of wishing and PIFing and toss in targeted, instant gratification and I think you've got a winner.

I've lifted and modified the following from our comrades at ICC with their permission. This concept has also been a hit at CS as well as other cigar forums.

THE RULES

1. You may make a wish for any cigar keeping in mind that the rarer it is, the less likely someone might be able to step up and fulfill your wish.

2. This PIF is a chain of wishes which happen one at a time based upon granting a wish first. You get in the PIF by granting the "current wish" of the one member who is at bat and has made a wish for a single cigar or one from a short list (no more than 3 or 4 options). If you are able to grant that wish, post in the thread that you are willing to do so and then you may make your wish. Wash, rinse, repeat.

3. When granting a wish, try to have a wish in mind to post at the same time and when someone has said that they can grant your wish it will be confirmed in short order. Keep your wishes specific so that you get what you want. This will save time so folks aren't chiming in for people to post wishes or bumping the thread all the time. Sometimes you get lost in who's wish it is and as a result, more than one PIF chain may pop up. This is a no-no.

4. If no one grants your wish, make an alternate wish or expand your cigar wish list in a timely fashion. This is especially true for those who are looking for harder to obtain cigars. A suggested guideline is that if you receive no response to your wish within 24 hours, you consider expanding or changing your list. Be attentive to the flow. If the wishes-grants are cycling quickly then stick to 24 hours. If the PIF is in a lull, feel free to leave the wish out for longer.

5. Generally speaking, it's in poor taste to ask for something ultra rare and expensive when you've granted a wish for something much more modest. Sometimes you might get lucky but you don't want to hold up the thread for challenging wishes although there is no limit to what you may wish for.

6. Once you have committed to granting a wish, put together your package and send it out promptly PMing the DCN# to the wisher after you have done so. Timeliness is appreciated and tardy MaWPIFers may find their wishes triggering naught but the sound of crickets in the future.

7. Once you acknowledge the granting of your wish, send the wish grant-er a PM with your mailing address.

8. Sometimes, you may be able to grant a wish but choose to decline making one of your own (yep, it happens). In that case, simply offer the right to wish any able-bodied prospective participant.

9. If the PIF seems to be moving along and participation is active, then please allow a little time to pass before you come back in to make another grant-wish cycle (i.e., try to avoid back-to-back cycles). Most would consider this good sportsmanlike conduct and sharing the PIF opportunities are in the spirit of this thread.

And so with that, who wants to make the first wish? :D

NOTE: As of July 2008, we're going to allow wishes for cigar or smoking accessories under the same conditions as cigars. There seemed to be some interest in this and the thought was that this might provide a little extra variety of flexibility in the PIF.
I can only afford one cigar every few days, it’s rough. I wish for a bundle of some cheap smokes, something to fall back on when times are tough.

Much love everyone, one day- I’ll be able to be Santa 🙏

Alright Dan @xyz123 what do you love?

Alright.. long shot, but I told Corey I'd post it:

Sosa Third Harvest. I think they're only piramides or "2". That would be a Holy Grail.

CCs: I wouldn't mind an Esplendido again. Had 2 boxes never delivered years ago.. 😕
- Cohiba M5 Secretos
- '19 or earlier Trin Reyes Saluté (or regular.. '19 or '14).
Pricier NCs: AF Opus X Destino Al Siglo Lancero.
A '19 GOF KKP Special Reserve or any of the Don's.
Moderately priced: '16 TAA Angel's Anvil
Any Skinny Monster is always a treat.

That's about all I can think of real quick. Any one of them would be awesome. I will pay a decent sum for the Sosa if it's a bit much for here (rare, they weren't expensive) and someone has one. If you have more than 1, we really need to talk!

Thanks everyone and especially Nick and Corey. Corey, I hope you find a couple in there that's to your liking.. was a lot of fun selecting them! Nick, thanks for passing it on and have a great birthday weekend!! 👍

Last edited:
Alright.. long shot, but I told Corey I'd post it:

Sosa Third Harvest. I think they're only piramides or "2". That would be a Holy Grail.

CCs: I wouldn't mind an Esplendido again. Had 2 boxes never delivered years ago.. 😕
- '19 or earlier Trin Reyes Saulte (or regular.. '19 or '14).
Pricier NCs: AF Opus X Destino Al Siglo Lancero.
A '19 GOF KKP Special Reserve or any of the Don's.
Moderately priced: '16 TAA Angel's Anvil

That's about all I can think of real quick. Any one of them would be awesome. I will pay a decent sum for the Sosa if it's a bit much for here (rare, they weren't expensive) and someone has one. If you have more than 1, we really need to talk!

Thanks everyone and especially Nick and Corey. Corey, I hope you find a couple in there that's to your liking.. was a lot of fun selecting them! Nick, thanks for passing it on and have a great birthday weekend!! 👍
Yeah there is for sure one or 2 in there I know I will love 😉

Someone hook Dan up. He was really generous to me!!!

Do you buy cigars over the internet? There are so plenty of sites that can address what you are looking for.
No, I go to a B&M Kuz I only have about 10$ every few days to put towards a cigar…. The bundles are at least 20, for cheap smokes, might be able to sell some random stuff for extra cash, but it’s tough man, I live in LA, and everything is super jacked up expensive… rent is like 5,000 a month it’s not sustainable…. I want to move somewhere else but my family is all here and my gramma is 99 and fading fast so I have to stick around, just tight budget. Thanks for the reply, much love, stay safe and happy smoking 🙏💕