• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dailey Jam Session 2023 (Post the sound vibrations that pair with your smoking pleasure)

Does the stuff I play seem as odd to you as the stuff you play does to me?
Well, several things. One, I'm posting songs from the 80's that I played on the radio as a DJ/Program Director for a Christian show I started at a local Community College. Two, I've kind of drifted/backslid from the Christian life over the last 30 years, but still appreciate the bands that were influential to me during that time of my life. Three, I like to listen to a wide variety of music though I'm mostly a classic rock kind of guy. I find many of the songs on here are not my thing, but I still listen for 15-30 seconds to see if I've missed something along the way. Many of the songs I've heard on here are now on my Spotify/YouTube playlists. Four, though I've been on CP for a solid three years, you and I don't really know each other, but I have a great relationship with the brothers on CP and the vherf, and I know they respect you, so by osmosis, I respect you as well. So, in the end, nothing you play has seemed odd to me. And lastly, you like/d scotch, so you gotta be one of the good guys. After Christmas, I'll go back to posting Stranglehold and Symphony of Destruction with a sprinkling of Ludivico Einaudi just to mix things up. BTW Ray, I'm Joe, nice to meet you!

Well, several things. One, I'm posting songs from the 80's that I played on the radio as a DJ/Program Director for a Christian show I started at a local Community College. Two, I've kind of drifted/backslid from the Christian life over the last 30 years, but still appreciate the bands that were influential to me during that time of my life. Three, I like to listen to a wide variety of music though I'm mostly a classic rock kind of guy. I find many of the songs on here are not my thing, but I still listen for 15-30 seconds to see if I've missed something along the way. Many of the songs I've heard on here are now on my Spotify/YouTube playlists. Four, though I've been on CP for a solid three years, you and I don't really know each other, but I have a great relationship with the brothers on CP and the vherf, and I know they respect you, so by osmosis, I respect you as well. So, in the end, nothing you play has seemed odd to me. And lastly, you like/d scotch, so you gotta be one of the good guys. After Christmas, I'll go back to posting Stranglehold and Symphony of Destruction with a sprinkling of Ludivico Einaudi just to mix things up. BTW Ray, I'm Joe, nice to meet you!
So is that a yes? LOL!!

Carry on Joe, carry on.

OK, lets confuse everyone. The Seattle Center Arena was eventually renamed the Mercer Center Arena A: because it was on Mercer St and B so it wasn't confused with the New Seattle Center:which included the Seattle Center Coliseum that was renamed tp the Seattle Center Arena. So when I say Arena it is one of those two. If I say Coliseum then it is the newer one before being renamed. Got it? If you do you are better than most residents after the name change.

This was at the Coliseum in June 1982 Ozzy cane to play on the Dairy of a Madman tour along with opener AXE. I liked Axe, I liked their record. What I didn't like was that the production on the record really sucked. So bad that I really think it hurt their career. Ozzy wasn't in the best of form either and if his band wasn't so good it would have been a mediocre show at best,

Same tour but 4 months later

I forgot that POD fell into this category -- they were always just "early-aughts nu-metal" to me. Saw them with Linkin Park many beers ago. I wasn't a fan of LP until I attended that concert... man, did they ever win me over.
Jealous

September 1982 mat have been one of the most concert packed weeks of my time in Seattle, It really started on Aug 29th with the Dead, 2 days off and then The Police Sept 1st, Van Halen the 2nd Queen on the 3rd and finishing the week with George Thorogood om the 4th, Now the wife had no interest in seeing Van Halen or George and I really didn't want to see Queen but we both put up with each other so it worked out, Even though we lived 2 hours away I took 3 days leave and we stayed in Seattle seeing all the sights in the day and closing the clubs after the shows.

The Dead were the Dead, I've seen them 52 times and none were bad shows but some were better than others but for $11 for 3+ hours it was a great deal. The Police were outstanding a few shows into the 2nd half of The Ghost in the Machine tour. At the time the #1 band in the world and they showed why, Van Halen with Girlschool and Iron Maiden was pretty good but not because of Van Halen. They were touring the Diver Down album and it wasn't being received that well by the audience, I'm not a fan of Queen and The Hot Space record wasn't that good IMO anyway but the wife liked it is all I can say. George supporting Bad to the Bone put on a good show even though it wasn't a full crowd. His style of party frat boy blues/slide guitar did well with the audience that was there,

Grateful Dead Spring 1982

The Police US Festival (same tour)

Van Halen Same tour different show

Queen Same tour

George Throrogood (not a tour video)