• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dailey Jam Session 2023 (Post the sound vibrations that pair with your smoking pleasure)

The single best sounding concert I have ever been to and that is saying something. I don't know what their sound guy did but the group of us were in awe. Picture the University of Washington cafeteria a "L" shaped room of concrete, ceramic tile and glass. The long part of the L fit about 1000 as a dining area or 2000 standind. Wile the room wasn't jam packed it was pretty full. I was about 30 ft from the stage center, Bass that could feel like a right from Mike Tyson or somehow match the resonant frequency of your skull. Mids and highs so clear it was like ice water. Just f'in amazing

Another University of Washington Summer of '82 concert. While more crowded than the Gang of Four show it didn't sound nearly as good.The big shock was when Debra Iyall cane out. You have to remember the New Wave scene of that time, having a somewhat heavyset Native American singing about that she might like you better if you slept together was nowhere near expected Also, having a killer sax player wasn't the norm either. Still a great show.

Yet another from 1982 but this time in May in Vancouver Canada. Van couver was a great party town if you were into Top 40 cover bands, On any weekend there were a half dozen to choose from. but if you were looking for an alternative there was only one place to go: Luv-A-Fair usually shortened to Luvafair. It started out as a gay bar in the 70's (hence the odd name) but changed in 1980 to cater to a different crowd, Why they didn't change the name I don't know. That weeekend in May they hosted one of the few west coast stops on Depeche Modes first US tour/ DM was nothing like what you know today and to tell the truth I wasn't all that impressed. The beer was cold and the girls friendly so a good time was had.
Same tour, different show.

Last edited: