• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The everlasting gobstopper pass

LMAO! Remember what I said Bill, Quintero and El Principe for the penalty gars

Hehe :D

he's probably in a coma....recovering....

as much as I'd like to see the penalty sticks....I think due to the circumstances....and lack of planning in the rotation. We should give him a grace period. Let's say, 3 days Oct 31, Nov 1 & 2.

Or maybe he used the sticks to celebrate with?????? :D

Big100HD said:
he's probably in a coma....recovering....

as much as I'd like to see the penalty sticks....I think due to the circumstances....and lack of planning in the rotation. We should give him a grace period. Let's say, 3 days Oct 31, Nov 1 & 2.

Or maybe he used the sticks to celebrate with?????? :D

lack of planning in the rotation??? i set it up geographicly...its not up to me to check everyones schedules.
nope...no grace period...nada. he could have switched spots with someone else. i made it clear when i started this that there would be NO excuses ;)

sorry bill

Ditto...I agree with Barney. You come into this pass knowing what you're getting in to. He knew when the election was and he could have asked to be moved down a couple spots. We all still love you Bill :p

bill's PM box is full...i already sent him one today and i know he was online...but i didnt hear anything.

today marks 1 week that he has had the gob.

we might have his entire humidor before this is over :p

barney

Sorry we're in the middle of a friggin RECOUNT :0

Our mini-version of Florida 2000. Each town has scheduled a recount, Pomfret & Woodstock on Friday, Hampton on Saturday, Brooklyn on Sunday and Eastford on Monday.

Wouldn't you know, out of 151 State Rep. races, 36 State Senate races, a US Senate race, four Congressional races, our's was the ONLY one in the entire state that is required by law to be recounted.

Mike's opponent has claimed in the newspapers that she won by one vote. This would not be the first time we caught her outright lying as she is a low-life scumbag who took lessons from the best of them. She worked for our former US Congressman Sam Gedjenson in Washington and he was a lying sack-o-crap as well. Word has it that she spent more time under his desk that at her own :0

One would have thought it would have been all over this past Tuesday but the results will not be made official until NEXT Tuesday.

I'll do the best I can but I've got to prepare for the two recounts on Friday ;)

Never mind, if it's such a big deal, I'm not going to do any puts/takes, I'm just going to send it to the next person and take me out of the rotation.

i set it up geographicly

:lookup: REALLY NOW :lookup:

Then where in HELL did you get a map that has Mississippi bordering Connecticut?

What kind of friggin STUPIDITY is that I have to send this package all the way to MISSISSIPPI, only to have it come back to the New York/New Jersey area for its next stop?

This package is over THIRTEEN pounds and will cost damn near $20.00 to ship it USPS Priority all the way to Mississippi.

Sorry but this is going UPS Ground which oughta take a good week.

I'm sorry I ever agreed to be in this pass in the first place....

Save your pennies cvmfour, you're going to have a heck of a postage bill sending it back to New Jersey

Bill and all...

Early on I posted this:

There is going to be one twist, and I will monitor it trust me...I am expecting next day turnaround to the next person on the list, with at least one more put than take (usual pass rules apply on quality, etc)...FOR EVERY DAY THAT YOU ARE LATE SENDING THE BOX OUT YOU MUST ADD ONE MORE CIGAR!!! those of you that are not going to be able to be there when it arrives...vacation, death in the family, bad hangover...please contact me and you will be moved UP 2 spots. This means that you will miss the pass this time and lose 2 spots on the list...

If my geography isnt perfect i apologize. I do my best, but Bill you are right in terms of the route. It should have gone to CVM4 first. The thing is you don't hold the pass for a week and THEN tell us about it. If it's really a problem of postage I'll be happy to paypal you the cost of shipping. CVM that goes for you as well.

As far as you "agreeing" to be in the pass, we were already full when you asked to join. There was no arm twisting, but given that you were a longtime member of CP and were into Bentleys ;) I didn't think one more would hurt. In fact I felt the pass would be enriched by your participation.

I still feel the same way, as do we all. You just picked a bad time to get involved in this pass in addition to hosting one. But it was your choice, not ours. In any case I hope that you'll rethink your position here, and whatever you do please don't send it out by stagecoach :angry:

barney

There is going to be one twist, and I will monitor it trust me...I am expecting next day turnaround to the next person on the list, with at least one more put than take (usual pass rules apply on quality, etc)...FOR EVERY DAY THAT YOU ARE LATE SENDING THE BOX OUT YOU MUST ADD ONE MORE CIGAR!!! those of you that are not going to be able to be there when it arrives...vacation, death in the family, bad hangover...please contact me and you will be moved UP 2 spots. This means that you will miss the pass this time and lose 2 spots on the list...

Well I never saw that and believe me if I did see that, I would have backed out right away.

I don't know why the post office claims it was delivered on Thursday, October 28th because it was not delivered to my house until Friday, October 29th. I didn't see it until I came home at midnight on early Saturday morning and as I explained in a post at 2:00 a.m., no way was I going to be able to take care of this on Saturday so this BS of a "one cigar per day penalty" is absolutely ridiculous.

You can look back at all the passes I've ever been in and I've hardly ever held them for more than a day or two and insisting on ONE DAY turn around is unreasonable. What if the box arrives destroyed and you don't have one laying around the house? Speaking of which, you guys down the line after me better have boxes on hand, BIG ones too that can hold 14 pounds here 'cause this box is just about on its last legs.

Bill, no need to drop out. But I understand if you must.

Send the Gob to:

Clifford McMurphy IV
4511 Henderson Road
Byram, MS 39272

I would've sent this PM to you but your inbox is full.

I have thought this over since I did my P/Ts. Despite the fact that I was able to get all Takes that I've never tried (which is AWESOME :thumbs:), this was NOT a fun experience for me ???

I ended up leaving work early and running around town like a fool just trying to get this out without penalty. I don't like that kind of pressure. That's not why I'm here.

Plus, I agree with Bill that the shipping cost is crazy. Barney, I think you had a unique idea - bravo :), but I just don't believe my costs will be justified by the time it gets around to me.

With that said, I am going to bow out.

Best wishes,
Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
I have thought this over since I did my P/Ts. Despite the fact that I was able to get all Takes that I've never tried (which is AWESOME :thumbs:), this was NOT a fun experience for me ???

I ended up leaving work early and running around town like a fool just trying to get this out without penalty. I don't like that kind of pressure. That's not why I'm here.

Plus, I agree with Bill that the shipping cost is crazy. Barney, I think you had a unique idea - bravo :), but I just don't believe my costs will be justified by the time it gets around to me.

With that said, I am going to bow out.

Best wishes,
Cheers,
Dixie
sorry to hear that dixie...for those of you that stay we are going to revamp the order next time to minimize shipping costs. also, if any of you do feel like dropping out its ok, cuz this baby is getting to heavy on the end anyway :D also if on the second go round you guys think we need to amend the penalty stick rule we can do that too.

thanks again dixie for your great P/Ts...i'll make sure you get a little surprise ;)

barney

The 1 day turnaround is in effect so people at the bottom would have a better chance of getting it in around 2006 versus 2008 :sign: No but seriously, think of how long it'd take to get around to you controling the Gob if everyone took their time with it.

Just so y'all know:

MS = MISSISSIPPI
MA = MASSACHUSETTS

Moral of the story is PLEASE KNOW YOUR STATES if you ever set up a pass order for a pass that you start. Priority Mail rates for packages over 1 pound increase as a function of distance shipped.

13 to 14 pounds for a pass is ridiculously heavy and if you require participants to ship USPS only, then the postage costs are very high. Packages for most passes I've ever been in rarely exceed 5 to 6 pounds.

Another side note, THERE ARE NO ACTIVE CPer's in MASSACHUSETTS

Shipping a 14+ pound box to Massachusetts (if we had a CPer in MA), New York or New Jersey via USPS Priority Mail for me would have been less than $10.00. That I can almost live with. Shipping this box to friggin MISSISSIPPI would have run me over $20.00. Not only that, UPS picked it up for me today. No way could I get to the post office Friday or Saturday with two recounts scheduled today and one tomorrow. Out on Monday, via USPS with possible delivery on Wednesday or Thursday OR out today via UPS Ground guaranteed delivery on Thursday. AND UPS cost me $10.00.

Choice is obvious, UPS Ground, so:

Tracking #:
1Z 05W 785 03 4086 030 8
No but seriously, think of how long it'd take to get around to you controling the Gob if everyone took their time with it.
Yep, great idea in theory with the one day turnaround but things happen that I or other passers absoultely cannot control, in my case a friggin election recount which has about as much of a chance of happening as getting struck by lightning. Hell, what if I had a real job or a death in the family and suddenly got called out of town without a choice when the pass was already in transit to me?

No penalty sticks included as this was a rule that was added after I asked to be in the pass. At the time I asked in, this was not in the "rules" and had it been, I would have never asked to be in.

Have fun shipping this monster all over the country and be sure to have a BIG box on hand in order to replace the box this pass is in if it happens to get destroyed as mine did in New Mexico.

Rather than start a big flamewar, let me just say a few things about where things stand now. I have talked with a number of folks in the pass and the general consensus seems to be that the penalty cigar rule is not a good one. The reason that I thought it up was that I wanted everyone to have a chance to host the pass sooner rather than later. In any case I set the rules and expected that people would keep in touch with the thread. What I'm finding is that a number of people besides Bill knew nothing about it.

For the remainder of the pass we will be having a 2 day graceperiod. On top of this we will allow people to add cigars as they see fit if situations arise that holds the gob up longer than that. I'm confident that you will all do your best...I know that this isn't fair to the people that have adhered to the rule thusfar, and I appologize. The most important thing is that we all have fun. In addition I am going to do away with the otterboxes and replace them with tupperware and popcorn the next time out. This should save on shipping costs...

As far as the shipping snafu on my part I am going to allow Cliff (Cvmfour) to take a couple of extra cigars to offset the expense. I will work this out with him before he does his PTs.

Bill, I will say this about the way you handled things and then I am going to shutup. All of us realize that this is a very stressful time for you. I blame myself for not having tried to get ahold of you prior to the gob being sent your way, but I didn't think of it. I will say that its not right for you to have not answered any of my emails or PMs. I think that you are being given alot of leeway given your time on CP, and the fact that you are one of it's favorite members. Hell, I still love you! :love: Let's just say that if a newbie acted the way you did he would have been seriously flamed. I can tell you that I am not the only one that feels this way either. But you are still my BOTL and always will be...and please know that you will always be welcome in any pass that I am a part of in the future. I hope that given the new rule tweaks you will stay in the gob, and I promise next time to get the pass order right!

I'd rather have you PM me directly if you have any issues, but should you feel the need to have the last word, you have earned that right.

Barney