• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Evil Dr. Moki’s Blind THANK YOU Test

Hahahaha
There you go letting unrelated factors influence your taste again - just like the rest of us :laugh:

Yep. I actually outsmarted myself here... I remember Phil talking to Anvil about getting some Partagas Princess cigars... and I figured they could not be that old if Anvil was picking them up from his B&M shop... thus the age guess heh.

I shoulda just ignore it, but I was so sure this was a cigar Phil put in there, and I could easily see him putting that cigar in.

Hahahaha
There you go letting unrelated factors influence your taste again - just like the rest of us :laugh:

Yep. I actually outsmarted myself here... I remember Phil talking to Anvil about getting some Partagas Princess cigars... and I figured they could not be that old if Anvil was picking them up from his B&M shop... thus the age guess heh.

I shoulda just ignore it, but I was so sure this was a cigar Phil put in there, and I could easily see him putting that cigar in.

This is one of the reasons that I wont post the full list of contributors until we are done. For several reasons, not everyone who took the test donated a cigar for this test. I thought, incorrectly I now see, that by keeping the list of doners secret it would actually remove the temptation for you to make guesses based on your knowledge of a given member's collection or, as in the case above, an remembered conversation. I'm sure a behavioral scientist would have a hayday with us.

This is one of the reasons that I wont post the full list of contributors until we are done. For several reasons, not everyone who took the test donated a cigar for this test. I thought, incorrectly I now see, that by keeping the list of doners secret it would actually remove the temptation for you to make guesses based on your knowledge of a given member's collection or, as in the case above, an remembered conversation. I'm sure a behavioral scientist would have a hayday with us.

I blame Phil. When I was out in CA, he said he wasn't sure which number the cigar he put in was. Which let me know that he did indeed put in a cigar!

So we're at the halfway point (okay, over by one)... do we get a mid-term eval/subtotal, coach? :)

I blame Phil. When I was out in CA, he said he wasn't sure which number the cigar he put in was. Which let me know that he did indeed put in a cigar!

So we're at the halfway point (okay, over by one)... do we get a mid-term eval/subtotal, coach? :)

Yeah you suck like the rest of us :laugh:

I just wanted to drop a post in here to say how much I have enjoyed the original thread with Moki's test for you guys and this thread. Very informative and highly entertaining at the same time.

You've all done a great job with these exercises.

:thumbs:

Cigar #7 is coming up shortly... in a rather unique format... we'll see how it works out.

Great stuff all around. Nicely played guys.

Brian

LOL Great review Andrew, you don't sound anything like I thought you would. And you do need another humidor ??? :love:

Cigar #: 7

ACTUAL CIGAR INFO: H. Upmann Magnum 46 - 2006

mokithankyoucigar07ew0.jpg

Moki's thoughts: Well, go watch his review!!!

Origin: Andrew correctly identified the country of origin as Cuba

Marca: He was off here, bouncing between Ramon Allones and Punch, ultimately settling on the former.

Age: He was quite close here, saying it was 3 years old at most. Seeing as it is actually 2 years old I am going to give him this as a "close enough for me" guess.

Price: Moki went with premium as he decided this was an R.A. Eminencia but in fact this would be closer to everyday at around $8-$9 a stick.

Rating: He rated this a 6 but decided it had the potential to significantly improve with more time.

This stick was just a straight ahead, popular Cuban cigar with a touch of age on it – almost a baseline cigar if you will. It was pretty clear that he knew it was Cuban from the moment he got it lit and to me, that is the most interesting part by far. How is it that we "know" this or that cigar is Cuban? This same thing happened to me several times during my blind test – I was immediately certain that a given cigar was Cuban and that thought never changed throughout the smoke.

Nice work Andrew. I'd award extra points for the creativity of the review format but alas, I cannot. It was great to hear you thinking out loud as you tried to place this cigar.

hmmm... not a very good Mag46, then. :) BTW, I said "At most 3 years old" -- so give me a pass, ya martinet!

There was a review? Where? After the shot of the humidor I must've blacked out. I'll have to watch it again.

J/k. Great review and format Andrew.

I'm outta my league, after watching this review.

Nice job :thumbs:

I love the personal touches you added to this video: the camera on the table, the hide-your-identity angles. Good stuff. Exactly how I would film a blow-job :laugh:

Your review echoes my thoughts on this cigar.

I'm outta my league, after watching this review.

Nice job :thumbs:

I feel the same way.

Very informative format. I really enjoyed listening to you evaluate, process, and deliberate over the cigar. If you should ever decide to host an educational cigar-based summer camp of sorts, sign me up.

Nicely done, Andrew. I'm sure you would have gotten extra points if you included your lovely wife in the video.