• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Evil Dr. Moki's Group Blind Taste Test #1

Ok, BrickHouse, where's your cheat sheet?

:sign:

Absolutely amazingly well done, brother. Really, really impressive.

Great job Wyatt and Brad, this one caught me WAY off guard. I usually hate AVO but this one was excellent. Guess I need to rethink the 22's also...

Interesting stuff, gents.....and, damn, Wyatt and Brad....nicely done..... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

About time the guy selling this stuff got one right! Hey Andrew, is this original release or Avo bundle? It seemed like the original boxed version.

Well done Brad and as for Wyatt, WTH ??? Andrew, I suggest you scan your home for hidden cameras :laugh:

Brian

Dang it...there I go again, not trusting myself!

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....I call it chicken!

Nice one fellas.

Great cigar. Notice how like the first 4 of us all mentioned the loose draw. Did anyone else experience that? It caused a few burn issues on my end and caused it to get slightly hot. I think this had an adverse affect on the taste, just slightly.

Good cigar though, enjoyed it.

Bring on #10!!! It looks to me like it may be the most interesting one, lol.

Dang it...there I go again, not trusting myself!

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....I call it chicken!

Nice one fellas.

LOL damn Gary that's 2 you would have bullseyed! Still beats me, though. I don't think I have even come close once on a correct guess of the marca. :blush:

Oh well, I guess I can take some small comfort in my Cuban/non-Cuban ratio.

As for this cigar, AVO is another of those brands with which I have virtually no experience and this smoke gave me no real impetus to gain any, heheheheh.

Can't wait for #10!

Yup, I had the loose draw as well, ton's of smoke, but didn't experience any burn issues. I couldn't believe how good this cigar smelled while smoking but didn't have very much taste. Number 10 is going down today!

Good job Wyatt and Brad :thumbs:

:cool:

Yup, I had the loose draw as well, ton's of smoke, but didn't experience any burn issues. I couldn't believe how good this cigar smelled while smoking but didn't have very much taste. Number 10 is going down today!

Good job Wyatt and Brad :thumbs:

:cool:
Pretty much the same here; minor burn issues and the draw was really open; tons of smoke, very little in the flavor department.

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

As for this cigar, AVO is another of those brands with which I have virtually no experience and this smoke gave me no real impetus to gain any, heheheheh.

Which might lend credence to the notion that people tend to like (and also be likely to identify) cigars that they are familiar with the taste profile of.

...and what is up with these scores?

1. 6.25/10
2. 5.45/10
3. 6.94/10
4. 6.65/10
5. 6.45/10
6. 5.75/10
7. 6.60/10
8. 6.28/10
9. 6.45/10

This sure makes a strong case for personal taste being a critical factor in 'quality'

I think the point is that when you focus on the process, you miss out on the actual taste of the cigar. YMMV

Sounds to me like the Avo LE '05's were underfilled, judging by the loose draws and bad tastes. The Avo might have had the highest score yet, if not for those issues.

And :thumbs: to Brickhouse for calling 'em left and right!

...and what is up with these scores?

1. 6.25/10
2. 5.45/10
3. 6.94/10
4. 6.65/10
5. 6.45/10
6. 5.75/10
7. 6.60/10
8. 6.28/10
9. 6.45/10

I can only speak for myself but I am not using the CA method of rating ;)
I have been rating along these lines:
10 = among the very best cigars I have ever smoked.
1 = among the very worst I have ever smoked
Thus the 5 to 6 range would quailify as average.
So, for me, a 7 or 8 would be a very good cigar.

I think the rating spreads have been right in line with the reviews - the only clear consensus we have had was for Cigar #3, the Cabaiguan WCD 120. Every tester thought it was a Cuban - and we were ALL wrong. :laugh:

Other than that, there hasn't been much agreement at all.

Damn, I want Wyatt's tastebuds. It would make it much easier to justify the amount of money I spend. ???