• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Evil Dr. Moki's Group Blind Taste Test #1

Perdomo? Ouch. ;)

Very entertaining concept, Andrew. It's been a pleasure spectating. :thumbs:

I look forward, with great anticipation, your overall summation and analysis at the end of this whole process.

Wilkey
I was going to leave that up to you, Dr. Wang. ;)
Hell, in that case I'll handle it right now.

"Cigars smoked. Smokers bamboozled. Minds awakened."

That'll be $25 for the mini-pseudo-haiku. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Perdomo, I called the f-cker a RP! :laugh: You know I was given one of these recently and I didn't care for it. We had the guys from Ashton in for an event and one of my guys talked Manny out of a box for his wedding. I think this cigar has peaked. I find that VSGs (IMHO) don't get better with age. They lose all the pepper that make them awesome fresh.

WOW, I was so f'ing off and to think I burned through a box of these, LOL. This was darker then most VSGs that I've had, hence me guessing Maduro.

I guess I'm going to have to rethink me being able to pick out any cigar I smoke :laugh: , especially when I really enjoy the VSGs.

Oh shut up Bert.

Andrew, you're a bastard but your business cards kick ass... in my professional opinion. Thanks.

Nice work so far guys.

NA

Now that was a very enjoyable cigar for myself. I was seriously wondering if all of us were smoking the same cigar from our tasteing notes but was glad to see a couple others got the "buttered" taste that I did. I smoked this the same way that Tony did, right after #1, which may have influenced the body of this cigar. I really found it to be quite pleasant and easy to kick back and enjoy.

I can't wait to see the notes for #3 ???

:cool:

Well I better make some time for #3 tonight to get back on target.

VSG, well I guess I better smoke them more often!

Well I better make some time for #3 tonight to get back on target.

VSG, well I guess I better smoke them more often!

I enjoy them too. I think it's interesting that some people had absolutely horrible experiences with this cigar. Bad cigar? Just doesn't jive with their palate? Bad mood at the time of review? Who knows! :D

As I read the reviews posted on the cigars from the guys, I wonder how much it will influence there perception.

Myself and smokyballs :thumbs: have finished smoking the cigars and sent Moki are review.

Moki is now posting the reviews along with the cigar, age and marka.

So the question is how does knowing what the first two cigar are (age, marks and brand) affect you review of the cigars you have yet to smoke?

As I read the reviews posted on the cigars from the guys, I wonder how much it will influence there perception.

Myself and smokyballs :thumbs: have finished smoking the cigars and sent Moki are review.

So the question is how does knowing what the first two cigar are (age, marks and brand) affect you review of the cigars you have yet to smoke?

It doesn't.

I don't think my perception of the 2nd was at all influenced by the 1st. If anything at all for me, it's making be more critical...because I'm searching for the "dog rocket" that I'm sure is in there somewhere, lol.

But so far I couldn't help but say the first two were good, especially the last one.

It doesn't.

X2

....none whatsoever. In the spirit of the blind tasting I'll let my taste buds (or the substantial lack thereof) be the only guide going forward.... :cool:

I think I did OK with cigar #2. We will see about 3 and 4, I sent in those reviews last night.

I think I did OK with cigar #2. We will see about 3 and 4, I sent in those reviews last night.

Indeed! Get smoking, guys. 4 more reviews are outstanding for cigar #3, due on this coming Wednesday! :) The outstanding reviews are from: BlindedByScience, Brickhouse, grateful1, tone-ny

Indeed! Get smoking, guys. 4 more reviews are outstanding for cigar #3, due on this coming Wednesday! :) The outstanding reviews are from: BlindedByScience, Brickhouse, grateful1, tone-ny

I won't be able to smoke #3 until tomorrow night, but I'll probably do #4 the next day.

No. 3 is on the schedule for tomorrow night. Better garage weather, if it gets too cold I really can't tell what I'm smoking.

Yeah. I was at Phils place when he smoked the cigar #2, the VSG round robo. About 15 minutes into it, he said he thought it was a VSG round. I didnt think it was cuz they are very expensive and Moki would be insane to send out a fifth of a cab of them, but Phil stuck with the VSG round idea until the end of the cigar. Thats when he decided it was a VSG robo that lost its box press. It really is amazing that he was able to guess that. He obviously is very good at discerning certain cigars, and this happened to be one of them. Good job man!