• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The "F" word......Please Read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatdayamean, curse like sailors? I say, blame it on the Marines.

Doc.

On behalf of Marines everywhere, I accept.

This "F"in thread is too "F"in funny.

Doc.
...easy, there, Doc....the kid told me the Corpsmen were pretty squared away.....for Navy guys.....
laugh.gif

I've been trying to insert this as a link but that feature isn't working for me so I've pasted the url in this message (hope it works). Please excuse the naughty word that appears within it.
It is an mp3 from the Internet Archive of (I've been told) Bahgwan Sri Rajneesh explaining the versatility of the word that is causing some consternation here.
This clip is a pisser! Oh. Wait. Am I allowed to say "pisser"?

http://ia341335.us.archive.org/0/items/thewordfuck/Indian_teacher_explaining_that_word.mp3

Doc.
...easy, there, Doc....the kid told me the Corpsmen were pretty squared away.....for Navy guys.....
laugh.gif

That, and it's the Corpsmen that make the Marines start cussing right in the beginning at Boot Camp ...................................Sadistic Bastards!

I told you guys. The US Marine, without a doubt the finest fighting man in the world, is also whinner, afraid of a little needle.

Doc.

I'm trying really hard not to type that F word in big bold faced letters :laugh:

Rule #11: No excessive cussing....

After returning to CP after a somewhat lengthy hiatus, I began reading threads in all areas of the board. It didn't take long before I saw the "F" word in a post! :( I re-read the thread, and sure enough, it was spelled out, in black and white. I read a few more posts and sure enough, the "F" word popped up again. :angry: After seeing multiple posts with cuss words in them, I PM'd Rod and asked if the policy had been changed. His response was NO! The "F" word is not tolerated.

I requested one member to change his use of the "F" word, in his post, and he's yet to do so. Disappointing, to say the least, but he may have not re-read the thread, so I'm addressing my concerns here!

Saying the "F" word, goes away right after it's said. If not in the general area, bystanders will never hear that you said it. If you type it, in a post, it'll be available for everyone to see, forever! This is not what I want CP to appear like, to people who stop by to check out our home!

This is not a bar, locker room, break room, etc. Please treat it like you would if your family was reading everything you're posting.

If you've posted, using the "F" word, please edit the word from your post. I know I would greatly appreciate it and believe there may be a few others who would as well.

Floyd T.

PS: I am not a moderator, as CP does not have them. I am a concerned member, addressing an issue I'd like to see NOT get out of hand!

To quote a very veteran member here (pun intended):

Oh, was I supposed to take this seriously? In that case, I find someone trying to impose his value system more offensive than the very little vulgarity that goes on around here.

Doc.

Edit: and to Qoute Sgt. Hulka- "Lighten up Francis" , as a CASAC one might even think you might have more of a live and let live attitude...just sayin'

Personally, I love the word. It's many uses and connotations make it one of the most versatile words in our language.

Then again, what do I know, I'm just a Marine...
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry I didn't chime in sooner; my CP time has been greatly limited recently.

My stance on this subject is and always will be "no excessive cussing". This rule is in place to prevent people with very limited vocabulary from becoming part of this community. We're an adult community, therefore adult words will be used casually. If they become excessively used, then it only casts a bad shadow upon the membership and CP in general.

Thanks,
Rod

Rod,

With all due respect, if this had been your PM response, when I asked you about the use of the f-bomb, in open forum, I NEVER would have started this thread! :angry: I've always said it's your board, your rules and you can allow/disallow anything you want. We just play here.

While my personal preference is not to use the word in an open forum, I don't care what others do, truly. Based on what you told me, and in your absence, I questioned the language being used, only to be accused of "censorship", "Orwellian" practices, etc.

My friend, if you tell me something, I expect it to be accurate. Being made to look like a fool, does not sit well with me. I've learned a lesson and it will guide me in future posts.

Floyd T.

Floyd,

I apologize for not being more thorough in my response. I read your PM too quickly, and took from it that the word was being used excessively (not just here and there); my fault for not slowing down and reading your PM more carefully. It was never my intention to make you look like a fool.

Rod

Rod,

Fair enough! Since we've resolved the issue, and beaten it to death, will you lock this thread!? No need to further the discussion. Thanks.

Floyd T.

Status
Not open for further replies.